The Brandon Marshall thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetfanmack, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I can't imagine us moving Cotch in a package for Marshall. Sanchez would not be happy with that and even though he's only a 2nd year player, he'll still have some say. Mark praises J-Co before anybody in his press conferences.

If this was a 2nd and some non-core players, I'd be all for it. But I can't really see who we have who would be valuable. Maybe Leon?

2. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

ugh...i don't want to lose any more draft picks.....not in this draft class.

C'mon Tanny..

3. gsulli5861

gsulli5861 New Member

I think a key element in this is Braylon signs his tender and reports to the off season conditioning program. Tannebaum wants him there! If Braylon is not there, look out. I can see it happening. Leon, Devito, B. Thomas nad a 2nd. Braylon stays until they can move him. They don't have to pay him a dime until the first game.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Personally, I don't think Brandon Marshall is worth the risk. He's not as big of a cancer as TO, but TO isn't a criminal.

5. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

I could see us trading Edwards plus Thomas for Marshall or even B Thomas / B Smith and our 4th.

Just do not see Cotchery involved at all but with the likelihood of A Thomas being cut before season and us drafting a pass rushing OLB. I can see B Thomas being thrown into packages.

6. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

No way it would cost that much to get him, everyone knows Denver want rid. look at the value we got for Carrie , despite his tender Denver will ship him out for the first decent offer they can get

7. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

This is just a little more due diligence from Mike Tannenbaum. I can't tell if it was Lombardi or a rotoworld staffer who added "this indicates what the Jets think of Jerricho Cotchery," but whoever it was, they're just laughably unfamiliar with the Jets.

8. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Agreed, in general I kind of doubt the Broncos would trade marshal in the first place. Also if a player is a restricted free agent doesnt that mean you can only "trade" him at the same value as the tender?

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

if Tanny pulls a Gholston/4th rounder for Marshall deal.....I will personally build the Tanny statue out of beer cans & love ....and place it in its rightful place in Florham Park.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I mostly agree, but Tanny has been doing a heck of a lot of "due diligence" sniffing around Marshalls bung hole.

11. ........

........ Trolls

Considering he exploited SD's exhausted patience with Cromartie, I'd imagine he's going to explore every possibility of stealing Marshall on the cheap. I just hope he wakes up and realizes that "cheap" isn't an apt description of Marshall's contract demands.

12. WhiteShoeWillis

I'm 100% certain that he's always using the players salary or potential salary as a factor when making decisions. I will wonder if he knows something about the future of the cap that we don't if a move like this is made.

13. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

I will be extremely pissed off if we get rid of Jericho Cotchery. Baaaaaaaaaad move. He is so damn reliable on 3rd downs.

14. ........

........ Trolls

I was guessing earlier that the implementation of a new cap would likely require initial exemptions to ease teams back in, but then free agency started and only the Bears were biting. It's certainly an intriguing notion that you bring up, though.

15. WhiteShoeWillis

Yea, there would definitely have to be some kind of easing into a new cap if it were brought back. I can't imagine it being done without that.

16. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

Presumably the NFLPA would oppose a strict new cap without exemptions as that would lead to pay cuts they don't want.

17. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I dont want Marshall on this team as long as we have the combination of Edwards and Cotchery already here. And I dont want to move Cotchery in a deal for him.

If we didnt place the 1st and 3rd round tender on Edwards I would want the Jets to get this guy. But I feel Cotchery's role on this team is very important and dropping him down to a less important role would hurt this team.

18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I would send Edwards for Marshall in an instant, but I'm not sure what kind of package of players would be good enough for Denver. What's interesting is that I would assume that teams would value BrayBray more than Jerricho, even though it's obvious to us who's a more important player for this team.

19. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

Marshall is better then Edwards, a top 5 WR in the league.
    The fact that we don't want him for just a first is beyond ridiculous. Who would we rather have Golden Tate or Brandon Marshall? He has so many receptions and will make Sanchez look like a top 5-10 qb next year. If we want to draft Jerry Hughes or somebody with out first pick so be it, but if we are looking at WR we might as well go out and get Marshall

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

If we kept Cothery this would be a great move. Imagine Edwards and Marshall playing opposite eachother with Cotch as the slot receiver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.