Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

well forget it then, cause i dont do sexual favors to get in the good graces of mods!!!! ha, ha!

2. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

From Cimini:

It's believed that Tomlinson's original plan was to fly home and talk things over with his family, but as we wrote in today's paper, the Jets are putting on a full-court press and there's a chance he could decide on the Jets by tonight. Ryan, you know, is a master at the dinner table.
    --

...that's just plain mean.

3. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

But useful for this scenario.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Your argument was that LT's injuries weren't as bad as Leon's. Leon had 2 broken bones, which heal pretty routinely. On the other hand, LT has turf toe, which has ended a few careers, and a torn tendon that connects the muscle to the pubic bone in his groin. You're telling me than neither of those is worse than a couple of cleanly broken bones?

I don't need to be a proctologist to know what area of the body you are speaking from in this situation.

#504 abyzmul, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

LT doesn't want to play second fiddle. The Vikes have Brett Favre and Adrian Peterson.

We all know that Shonn Greene is part of the future here, but he hasn't made a name for himself yet.

Tomlinson would receive a lot more attention in New York than he would in Minnesota. I really believe that's what he wants. He wants to prove that he's not done yet.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Hahahahahaha.

7. tbruner12

my argument was not over injuries between leon and lt, it was over the usefulness of leon in general...thats why i posted his career stats. can you not remember my original post, it was only like 20-30 minutes ago. my argument is that leon should be gone and replaced, and you came rushing in to save him. sorry to interrupt your leon man love session! since when did a break like leon has, become so easy to overcome? in your mind maybe, but not reality......be real! leon will not be the same!!! bet on it!!!

8. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

I dunno, I think he wants to play on a winning team where he can contribute. He would obviously factor in more here, but I think if the Vikings were a clear favourite to win the Super Bowl he would join them. But both being about the same in talent level, the Jets would be faves.

9. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

He's probably looking at some options running the err uh option.

10. tbruner12

are you a more intelligent poster, because you think of witty things to say.....after the moment has gone? do you edit everything in your life?

attempt #1 Your argument was that LT's injuries weren't as bad as Leon's. Leon had 2 broken bones, which heal pretty routinely. On the other hand, LT has turf toe, which has ended a few careers, and a torn tendon that connects the muscle to the pubic bone in his groin. You're telling me than neither of those is worse than a couple of cleanly broken bones?

You don't have to be a doctor to know where you are talking from with that.

attempt #2 Your argument was that LT's injuries weren't as bad as Leon's. Leon had 2 broken bones, which heal pretty routinely. On the other hand, LT has turf toe, which has ended a few careers, and a torn tendon that connects the muscle to the pubic bone in his groin. You're telling me than neither of those is worse than a couple of cleanly broken bones?

I don't need to be a proctologist to know what area of the body you are speaking from in this situation.

you would never make it in stand up dude!

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I know winning plays a factor, but Tomlinson doesn't want to be labeled as a backup...and that's what he'd be in Minnesota.

Both teams lost in their conference's championship game. It really is a toss up in that category.

This might sound stupid to some, but I think playing indoors rather than in cold weather may play a huge factor in his decision.

12. abyzmul

You will notice that the part of your post that I took issue with, and now you are trying to deflect attention from, is the part about the injuries. You have argued with me for about 2 pages now about those injuries, and now that I have proven you to be hopelessly out of your depth in that argument, you're trying to get me to argue against the part of your post that I did not address.

Maybe you should just teach your pucker to speak French. I tend to ignore the French language most times.

13. abyzmul

Hahahaha, you are taking issue with a minor edit? Have I owned you so thoroughly?

14. TheManiac

TheManiac New Member

Dead on with this assessment. Adding another hungry veteran competitor is never a bad thing, no matter how you look at it. It is a FACT that the man wants to win a SB, and will take the neccessary steps to do so. If that means he doesn't get 20+ carries every game, he'll be OK with that. As long as he is somewhat of a contributor, which, he will be. What I haven't seen anyone point out is that, in addition to short yardage/goaline situations and having good hands, Tomlinson is a good blocker and understands protections. You guys are underestimating how much Sanchez could benefit from him being on the field looking at the defense along with him.

If we can get him at the same price at TJ that is a bargain. He's not 24 anymore, but to think he can't contribute is utterly ridiculous. I hope he comes to the Jets, I see him having great success on this squad. He's not Shaun Alexander or Eddie George.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

We'll see that formation maybe three times a game...and that formation is Brad Smith's.

16. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Ya that's why I was saying both teams are about the same level of talent. Playing indoors is usually favourable to playing in cold weather, same with field material (turf, grass etc.). You are probably right when it will come down to playing behind AP or Shonn Greene.

17. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

18. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

ryan needed to bring him to scores in New York. that will get the deal done.

19. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i think the baby basket we gave him when he first got to his hotel was a great touch and really got his attention. all he got from the vikings was a jersey. i wish i was a fly on a wall during that dinner meeting

20. Bricket-head

Bricket-head Active Member

That's the only logical reason I could see someone asking about RB passing #s.