Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Tomlinson's whole game relied on his ability to cut back and find the back alley. His leg injuries have diminished his ability to do that. He might be able to plow ahead for a few but once he hits the field at the age of 31, with his previous injury history and the wear and tear on his legs, he's going to leave himself open to another case of turf toe or another tweaked ankle. At that point, it's going to be the Jones criticisms again like Rmagedon said, only without three years of service behind him to foster any kind of loyal support.

Michael Bush suffered a broken Tibia in his senior season at Louisville and missed his entire rookie season with the Raiders.. Chances are, Leon is not going to be back to his full health and he is not going to be able to run away from defenders and make them miss like he used to which is going to get him in trouble thanks to his size. Just because it is no more likely to break does not mean it can do everything it used to.

2. ........

........ Trolls

Hence why the contract needs to be cheap and we still need to draft a RB. LT is a stopgap and a good insurance policy if we lose Leon. I can see us with 4 RBs on the roster this season if the price is right.

3. CatoTheElder

How much is Woodhead making?

4. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I'll not argue your first point, but with regards to the second any ongoing issues aren't usually to do with the bones, but poor rehabilitation - muscle wastage and loss of tone mean that recovery training tries to favour the stronger leg and creates an imbalance on tendons and ligaments. Properly administered physiotherapy will prevent this, these sorts of problems usually occur when there is pressure to get a player back as soon as possible and short cuts are taken. I am assuming that this has not happened.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Of course I can. I only mock when I feel it's merited.

Hell, if you look back, I even stood up for you when you were being dumped on the other day. I just find the argument that LT is a locker room cancer to be absurd. The argument you have about injury is valid. The argument you have about diminished ability is valid. I may argue with those, but I won't mock them. This one, however, is something that has been blown way out of proportion by the media over the past few years...and that's taking into account that it really hasn't been reported all that often.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

If we sign LT, we sure as hell better roll with 4 RB's this season (and Woodhead, why? I don't know). Any less and I'd be extremely surprised if we even make the POs.

7. ........

........ Trolls

You're assuming Woodhead will be making anything from us next season. I'm not so sure that's the case.

8. CatoTheElder

Drew Coleman has been on this team for 4 years.

9. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't think the problems lie there. I think the problem lies in how this injury effects his psyche. It's for the same reason why Brady now has a hard time stepping up into the pocket to throw the ball. That pain is probably still fresh in his memory. Once his psyche goes, his running style will follow and he'll be a completely different player. And sadly, we won't know that at least until Pre-Season.

10. ........

........ Trolls

I have absolutely no response to that. :shit:

11. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

That I'll grant you is an unknown. I've no huge issue if Leon does go elsewhere and we use the resulting second rounder on an RB in the draft, and indeed as Ignatius says it would be good to draft at least one anyway. As I said earlier in the discussion, I've no issue with rookie RBs going straight into the side, there isn't a huge level of acclimatisation required other than learning the playbook. If that does happen I think it only strengthens the case for acquiring LT.

12. BleedingGreen55

BleedingGreen55 Active Member

Hilarious!!!! :rofl:

13. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

He's going to sign with the vikes anyway but even so i dont want his ol' ass.

14. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

The issue is if the Vikes lose Favre they'll instantly be locked in a battle with Chicago and Green Bay wheras with him they are probably a 12 or 13 win team again. He comes to the Jets he has a great D with an awesome OL to run behind. He also gets to try and stick it to Belly twice a year.

15. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

He might not want to if Favre isn't certain yet what he is going to do this upcoming season.

Also reading he is to meet with Philly, and New Orleans this weekend.(Peter King say's he MAY visit them)

16. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I get Philly, but NO has 127 RB's, don't they?

17. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Think so. Dunno why Peter King said that. Seems he would get the least amount of cash in NO.

18. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I do not want this guy and cannot understand why the Jets would be interested. He is D-O-N-E. Younger and cheaper, please.

19. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Do I hear Mike Bell anyone?

20. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

I don't see him leaving Minnesota without a contract.