Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Not every running back has been nagged by major injuries for the past three seasons.

Not every running back suffers three major injuries in only roughly 150 carries.

Not every running back suffers compound fractures to both his tibia and fibula.

Either everyone thinks that the Jets should be setting up an organ donor program or they are incredibly naive to think that this proposed RB stable isn't going to lead to Danny Woodhead having to lead the team in carriers for a game.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

and that's why I'm on board for drafting a QB as well.

As Cato was saying - RB is a pressing need.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I think I FYP...

It's a pressing need but we need to find players who can stay fit, not just grab whoever is out there and pray for the best.

4. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I don't think we need him, but he would provide depth both as a goal-line and 3rd down back (similar to Jones). I just don't want to hear about him destroying the locker room chemistry because he "isn't getting enough carries" midseason.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

.. But he has so much heart

how dare you say he can't carry the load. He can do it all you wait and see. He is going to be chrebet but a running back. Let's be honest and say its because he's white and we want white people to do good. Eric smith is black? What do you mean he's black? That ruined my whole year...... Jackass i'll kill you

read this in all caps. GODDAMNIT

#185 NDmick, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We can't forget Chauncey Washington-

Height: 5-11 Weight: 222 Age: 24

Maybe we have the man we need already- What's the deal with this guy, I haven't got much info on him.

7. Cynic

Cynic New Member

Tomlinson + a decent line could be a good backup. I think he could at least perform as well as Thomas Jones would next year. Sign him.

8. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Yeah it was I think his first preseason. They made it a big deal because of how he usually has a slow start in the season and then finishes off strong. They wanted to see if he can get started earlier by playing the preseason

9. rico college

rico college Well-Known Member

With our O-Line, I think he would be a great back for us.

10. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He won't ever make it the Jets on Friday.

11. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

My bad - for some reason my fingers wrote "drafts" as I was thinking "trades". Although not every drafted position takes three years to come good, and RBs are a great example.

My issue with Minny is that I'm convinced that Favre is done. That having been said, I've been convinced of that for each of the last two years. Yes, I'm probably playing favourites a bit, but I don't see that LT looks at Minnesota and decides that a) he's going to be so short of options he's got to take the first deal he can thrash out, or b) the Vikes are so far ahead of the Jets that it's not worth going to see us if Minny put a deal on the table. And once he's here, I think that the Jets O-line and an entire organisation set up for the run, with a young and ambitious organisation that has designs on the Superbowl, is a strong proposition for him.

12. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

And I said this before in the thread, this is my only beef with signing LT. Sure, he'll put up solid numbers, but my worst fear is seeing him get banged up. He's a warrior so chances are, he'll play thru them, and when that happens...man, if people HATED the way Jones ran, they're gonna turn on LT so quick when he begins suffering from turf toe, or a naggin ankle injury or something else.

Yes he's a HOFer, but how do his numbers from 3, 4, 5 years ago help this team now? Are we gonna start looking at Marvin Harrison too because he's a HOFer?

So let me clarify my position. This wouldn't be a horrible signing like I said earlier in the thread, but I don't think it'll be a super-duper, ZOMG, LT!?!?! great one either as some people are making it out to be.

13. Johnny English

When you're the feature back and taking 70% of the carries, you're going to sustain more damage. When you're being used for key plays, the chances are you're going to take less hits and hence stay healthier.

Also, this whole fib/tib thing is completely misleading. It's completely different to cruciate ligament damage, for example, or joint damage - broken bones, assuming they heal properly and every indication is that Washington's are healing very well, are no more susceptible to breaking again, and are often in fact stronger than they were to start with due to the increased bone mass around the mend. So I've actually no real concerns around his fitness, and nor I suspect do any of the organisations in the NFL.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I have two issues with this quoted segment...

1. Did you not watch football in 2009? For some reason, Brett Favre was amazing.

2. Johnny English:

[​IMG]

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ hahahaha :rofl:

Mr. Bean

16. Johnny English

I suspect you missed the self mockery in my post. I'm fully aware of how good Favre was last year, I'm making the point that having called it completely wrong last year there's a more than healthy chance that I'll get it completely wrong this year as well.

I also know where the Johnny English name comes from. Self deprecation is one of the more charming traits of my nation, I think.

17. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

That was funny... unless this chick was dating Tomlinson herself I have high suspicion she knows nothingg about what took place in the lockerroom.

18. MadBacker Prime

Pooh tube-

That movie was a wee bit funny-

Johnny English that is.

The old Rowan stand-ups are good too.

19. MadBacker Prime

She would hangout with them-

I know cheerleaders aren't getting ready in the locker room with him.

This particular cheerleader had been around the block- I could go into a lot of detail about more then you could imagine.

My friend met her because he was a drug dealer, E to be exact. She was not only buying for herself most of the time-

Iggy, why do you always have to mock people? Can you not just reply without coming off arrogant or with some feeling of superiority.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

You're friends with Mr. E, and he was selling drugs to Chargers cheerleaders?!? Wow. Mr. E is very well connected.