Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

there will be no true #3 spot.

And if LT comes here, Leon is taking a back seat.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's the problem.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Most definitely.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

The love we all have for Leon is a good thing, and is encouraged.

But when your leg is snapped in two, you can't be expected to return immediately and be counted on to be as dynamic as you once were.

if Leon was a Patriot, we would have declared his career officially over.

5. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

I think LT can have success behind the Jets o-line
    I just don't want this guy, I don't think we'd be able to rely on him come postseason

6. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

Absolutely spot on, Robert Edwards. Absolutely spot on.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I had to Google who that was.

basically the same deal, but luckily Leon's leg didn't have to almost come off.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

Ooo, I forgot about the near amputation. I'm guessing you were too young to remember Edwards, then, but it was such a silly and unnecessary injury for a back that held so much promise for the Pats.

9. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

L.T would be a awesome addition to are back field. What a change of pace that'd be

10. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Difference being that the Vikes' shot was last year - they're down a QB now, whether Favre comes back or not. They're not drafting a top end QB this year, so they're either making do with Favre or they're trading for someone and neither option is winning them a Championship. LT wants a ring and Minnesota aren't collecting them in the next two years, whereas with a couple of good drafts, a bit of luck on the injury front and a prevailing wind Jets are probably LT's best shout at the big one now. What matters more to him, fifty extra carries a season or a Superbowl ring?

The Vikes FO are saying there's no hurry, of course there is - they don't want him meeting the Jets tomorrow. Any suggestion of "no hurry" is coming from LT, not Minnesota - they're just saving face right now. I can't believe he wouldn't want to come to NY.

11. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I just hope if LT comes to the Jets he doesn't pull that I don't do the training camp and preseason thing like he did with the chargers.

12. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

add to that, we are more of running offense than minny - i'm not an expert but that's my quick take. i think LT has seen enough of a passing offense for a lil bit (speculation).

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

So in essence, we've got a 2nd year RB who's now gonna carry the bulk of the running game and got hurt 3 times in some 150+ carries. Backed up by a HOF who is also often bothered by naggin injuries that effect his ability to hit the holes and breakaway speed. Who in turn is being backed up by another RB who (althought most are thinking it, no one wants to say it) is more than likely NOT the same RB we all knew he was?

That's scary.

14. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Ya if he still is a diva... PASS

15. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

We'd be signing a future injury. Why bring in injury concerns when we already have injury concerns?

EDIT: or to put it another way:

16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

What it do. My names LT and Ive got a little dance for you.

17. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

while i'm not strongly for it, i'm not strongly against it either. having said that, if leon can get back to some form he was in prior to the injury, with LT we'd have 2 amazing options out of the backfield to assist our young qb. while that doesn't necessarily address your concerns, it does address some of hte sanchez concerns.

18. NYJ_JD

NYJ_JD Member

actually, i dont think i would mind the whole preseason thing.. obviously you want him working with the team during training camp and any off season work-outs.. but pre-season.. ehh..

but didn't he play in the pre-season last season?.. i thought i remember ESPN making a big deal about LT playing in the pre-season for the first time or whatever.. I don't really think that is going to be a problem..

I just look forward to having a veteran like LT with his experience on this team with Greene and LW..

19. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Every RB is a future injury. It's the nature of what they do, they get hit hard and often, they're going to get injured. That's why you have several of them.

If anyone was advocating signing LT as the go to guy for 250+ carries a season I'd be with you, but as an experienced head for big plays I don't really see what better options there are that are viable.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

First of all, a "few good drafts" is already implying that we're still a "few" years away from winning a SB. So, how would LT get a ring now?

Second...so, even if Favre comes back, Minnesota (who also made it to the Conference Finals last year) won't go to the Super Bowl. But with the Jets and "a FEW good Drafts, a bit of luck with the injuries and a prevailing wind" we're in a better position to win one? Sounds like you're playing favorites.