Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ask them now that he's gone-

Philip Rivers is nuts but he was never a fan of LT, caused too much drama.

My definition of class would not include arguing with your coaches and QB on the sideline.

We never saw Curtis do that or any Jet back in recent history. My friend dated a San Diego cheerleader and she had horror stories about him from other players.

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

12 trips to the endzone. We need to replace TJ's nose for the goal line and LT seems to still have that. Our o-line is much better than SD's in terms of run blocking too.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

We need a pass rusher, DE, CB, S, RB, and OL depth (eventual starters). I don't see a problem with plugging any or all of those with veteran guys prior to the draft if we have reasonable options.

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

^We're in line to draft a potentially great HB. Why not get young now?

5. razara13

razara13 New Member

I'll take him as a 3, should have never let TJ go though....

6. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I would rather get LT and draft the players we need for the Def and Off. It shows the RB by committee works in this current NFL state. Why draft a running now when we have more pressing needs. LT is a good fix for a good 2 seasons. I would be really surprised if he went past 2 years. By that time I am sure we could have drafted another RB or picked up a free agent RB. But then again I am not in the front office and I trust what ever they do. Well at least with this current regime.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Now we're just being ridiculous. Halfback is a pressing need.

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

To be fair, comparing any player to Curtis Martin when speaking of class is going to be a tough sell.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

IDK, I think if LT is willing to come here for relatively cheap, I wouldn't be against it. Maybe like a $1.5-2mil contract but I doubt it. If Vikes really like him, they'd offer more than that since they have a bigger need at RB than us. LT needs to understand he won't be the starter in this league again.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

I have no problem drafting a HB in the 2nd round but there's no guarantee that happens, and we have plenty of needs in the draft. We've been neglecting our d-line for years in the draft. We got rid of half our secondary. Our o-line is aging, and we also need at least 1 RB.

Are we going to address all of our needs in the draft?

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Yes, but I'd be pissed if we drafted an RB in the first two days of the draft. RB is a need but I don't think we are too thin. We played the first half of the season barely seeing SG in action so I don't think its a pressing need as far as having three RBs. If it wasn't for health concerns, I would have been fine with what we have.

12. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I would agree with the idea of brining him in if the price is cheap. But still get another back in the mix.

13. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

That's hilarious. I'm talking about current and former Chargers and you're talking about second hand stories from cheerleaders. Do you realize how little interaction most cheerleaders and players actually have with each other?

14. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I agree with getting younger. But its harder to find a defensive player that will pan out than a RB that's going to share carries with other RBs. Most RBs don't make noise like they used to in the 80's and 90's unless your Peterson, Johnson, Mojo, Turner, and Rice etc. Its about finding that Defensive player now and using as many picks as we can to find that diamond in the ruff or that needle in the haystack.

Let alone we can always pick running backs to do the job cut them when we want too. Just like getting LT and cutting if he doesn't perform.

#154 ghostridergo, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You mean they don't dress in the same lockerroom?

16. WhiteShoeWillis

Whatever man, I have a friend who knows a hotdog vendor at the stadium and he said that LT is a major douche.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I know a hotdog vendor at the Oakland Coliseum that got ripped off by a Jets QB last year.

18. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

Why do bringing him in cheaply and drafting a back have to be mutually exclusive? As I've said before, I'd have loved for TJ to resign at a reduced rate and STILL draft his replacement. The same goes for LT.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

LaDainian Tomlinson is one of the best running backs to ever put on a uniform.

I know he's taken a step back, but I think he can be a solid contributor in a limited role. The guy's a great receiver out of a backfield. Having a veteran back for Sanchez to rely on could be huge in certain situations. I think the guy has a few solid years left in the tank, especially behind our offensive line.

Even if the Jets sign Tomlinson, they can still draft a running back in the mid-rounds.

20. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Throw in the bag that the Vikings will probably offer him #2 while we'll be offering him the #3 spot on the depth chart. He could very well be a Viking by the end of the day.