Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene is a powerback.

There aren't many in the league more adept at finding those tough yards than LT. He just does it differently than you want it to be done.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

You doubt Greene slamming through on a short yardage situation?

Thats what the dude does. Just because he has a burst to get to the next level means that he's just that good.

3. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14655376?nclick_check=1

guess LT may visit Jets afterall

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If we keep have Shonn as our feature back and Leon as the mix up I would want someone that's a fullback with a RB's attitude.

5. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

i really doubt he even gets out is minnisota taday. most likely will sign a deal there

6. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I want Curtis back I miss him Mr. Reliable.

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

LT would bring many things:

Fans.... Its nice having a HOFer on the team, even in a limited role. It brings people to the stadium. PSLs get sold. Its a business, get over it

Leader in the locker room... There is nobody who would say "I don't want LT on my team." He;s loved by all.

He hates the Patriots.... so we automatically love him, right?

We don't need him to carry the load, we need him to give Greene a rest. We need someone to catch out of the backfield. we need a guy who is starving for a championship the same way we are.

He is going to get the same contract TJ got with the Chiefs. So he's cheaper than you think.

This is a win win for both parties. I'd be happy to see Tomlinson on the Jets.

8. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

I agree with everything you say except the leader thing I think he would be a great leader and mentor for the RBs but for the team I am not sure. Being in San Diego for the last 11 years and seeing and hearing LT he was more of a follower then a Leader, but in his years on the chargers he didn't need to be the leader because he had other around him like Seau, Harrison, Brees, Flutie, Lorenzo, and McCardel (I think thats how you spell it). If does have true leadership qualities it will need to show with this Jets team, if he signs since we are young and no one on this team has done what he has done in the NFL.

9. Tight

Tight Active Member

A healthy 30 year old Thomas jones vs a healthy 30 year old tomlinson.. Tomlinson by far

10. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I tend to agree with you. I heard and read stories of him acting like a baby.

We've seen him piss and moan many times on ESPN, I don't know that I want Shonn learning that and how to pick out the right shade for his visor.

11. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

By running into opposing defenders and being unable to fight for more yards?

12. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Yeah but I can understand sometimes where LT was coming from in at least the past years since his team did let him down a few times in the playoffs when he did what he was suppose to do to get them there. At time they relied too much on LT and when he had an off game they couldn't do anything with out him. But he does cry. But he did have reasons to cry being with the chargers. I would cry if i was with the chargers and had Norv as a coach.

13. CatoTheElder

I'll take neither.

14. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

He'd get 500 yards rushing, 300 receiving, and can mentor Shonn for the next couple of years. And he'll sell jerseys and PSL's. I'd take him.

15. CatoTheElder

You know who else can mentor Shonn Greene? A coach. Then we can get a halfback who can actually run.

16. ........

........ Trolls

Re: Source: LT may visit Jets on Friday

Really? It's funny, but the people I've spoken with who know him and/or have played with him say he's absolutely a class act and a leader.

17. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Notice how ESPN was mentioned. That tells me everything.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

We have a limited number of draft picks, are heavily restricted in FA and need to fill some holes. What's the problem with taking a proven guy for a limited role?

19. akibud

akibud Active Member

I would be happy to see him on the Jets. He would not be coming in as the featured back, and his experience, and natural gifts as an all time great would be immeasurable to our sophomore RB.

20. CatoTheElder

The only thing he has proven to be in the past three years is a disappointment. We're not going to fill these holes just by chasing names. As of right now we still have Leon so there is our CoP back. That puts us one second round pick away from a complete backfield. Tate(Auburn), Dixon(UConn), Hardesty or Gerhart completes this RB stable.