Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

TJ was injured more recently then LT (playoffs?), and I'm positive the Jets would have taken him back, but just didnt want to pay the 3.3 roster bonus for a guy who is going to be a 2nd/3rd back...6 mill for a 2nd/3rd back is kinda pricey, even uncapped. I loved TJ as much as anyone on this board, but theres nothing we can really do.

I hope if we do sign LT, that he can be productive for us, and as i've said about 20-30 times today, I want to see what he can do behind our O-line

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Why are you comparing LT to Leon? One isn't a replacement for the other in my view; Leon goes we're drafting a #2 RB, LT is a replacement for TJ as the #3 with the experience to help guide the others and make key plays. RBs aren't like QBs that need three seasons to really hit their straps in the NFL, a good draft is going to hit the season ready to do damage.

3. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

This would be a great move his role would be more significant if he came than NY, since AP is a feature back and with the uncertainty whether Brett coming back or not could make here a better place to get a ring.

4. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

What you also forgot to do is look at the Chargers whole offense.

They had 972 offensive plays 519 passing plays and 427 rushing plays. They were netting 8.7 yds passing and 3.3 yds rushing. From what it looked like you could place any RB in there and they couldn't get more then 3.5 yards a carry because their passing game was there and they stuck with the run game with no holes being made and now real FB.

One more thing the Chargers had 51 TDs last seson. Rivers threw 28 TDs last season, LT got 12 of those which shows he was still contributing even in a pass happy offense and as supposed declining player.

One last opinion if TJ was on the Chargers instead of LT would would probably get less then 3.3 yds per carry and even less TDs and oh the chargers had 1423 yds total rushing yards for the season while TJ has 1402 yard total for the season shows how bad the chargers were.

#104 ghostridergo, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  5. 624

624 Banned

I wouldn't mind getting him as long as he knows he is the 3rd option. He can catch and bock, and contribute behind our o-line.

6. Slagan7

Slagan7 Member

I really don't know why how people would not want LT. We need another back regardless. But god forbid Shonne or Leon gets hurt again, we need a quality experienced back here. Remember Shonne got hurt in the AFC title game against the colts.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Because we need a back who is good now, not one who was good 5 years ago. Oh, and you're misspelling Shonn Greene.

8. coachmimz17

coachmimz17 New Member

you would be surprised to see what a fresh start can do for a 30 year old hall of fame back who wasnt wanted his last 3 years in san diego.
    He can easily produce 150 carries for us at a 4 ypc hit rate. throw in 20-30 catches and 7 tds, mixed in with leon washington and shonn greene.... Not too shabby

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I firmly believe that if we signed Tomlinson that every single Jets fan would forget the name Thomas Jones by the end of September. Tomlinson would be great with our OLine and offensive mentality.

10. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

This. And consider the following...

You let Leon go to the 49ers or whoever for a 2nd rounder in one of the deepest drafts in 20+ years (or so i'm told...i don't really no what they base that on).

LT is older but he's still 2 years younger than TJ and has shown he is 10x the RB that TJ will ever be (not a hater...just sayin'). Sign LT and he becomes your 3rd down/#2/mentor RB for Shonn and you draft another nice young RB in the 2nd round.

Badabing. Loaded for bear for several years.

Win/Win/Win

11. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I have a feeling if the Vikings are not able to lock LT down by tomorrow's visit with the Jets that LT will be signing with gang green. This is pure speculation on my part, but for LT, the opportunity is too good to pass up. If he comes here, he'd be going to a team with a run first mentality, a great run blocking o-line, and a plethora of carries/screen passes coming his way. Once he comes in to visit tomorrow, I think he'll be sold right away on this team. It makes far too much sense for him, and our team as well.

12. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

also, if he plays for the jets, he will remain in the AFC and possibly be given the opportunity to knock out the chargers in the playoffs

13. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

I'd like it a lot of he accepts his role.

He may be one of the best Goal line RB!!!!

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

On Thursday 11th March 2010, @BobGlauber said:

RT @ArmandoSalguero: Agent is accompanying LT on Vikes visit. How many times does an agent show for face-to-face and deal doesn't get done? Rarely. Sorry Jets.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Good points, it seems that every year LT is getting worse and worse.

I would rather have other options explored, I personally feel we need more of a powerback option.

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

LT is one of the classiest players in the NFL. Adding him, with his experience, will help Greene and LW. Not only that but his leadership will replace TJs, something neither Greene nor LW can duplicate. Last year he played behind a not so good run blocking line. Yes his burst has diminished. Then again if TJ could put up 1400 yards with breaking 3 tackes all year, LT will do damage. Get it done Tanny!!!!!

17. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

But we already have a powerback. We need to replace TJ. Why do you think we need a powerback?

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Who is our Powerback?

I do not consider Shonn a powerback, I think he's more of a hybrid of power and speed.

I mean someone to give the ball on crucial 3rd and 1's, 4th and 1's where we'd have no doubt he's slamming though.

19. Salz

Salz New Member

He's bad now. I don't want him anymore. I want a running back who is capable of getting a solid YPC. If Greene gets hurt, LT and his paltry 3.3 ypc will have a prominent role on this team. NO to LT.

20. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Thats what I am waiting for to see him run it down their throat. It will be great to see LT celebrating @ the Q in another uniform in the playoffs for the win. I still believe that they should have kept Turner and got rid of LT when they had trade value in him. This is alittle off topic but if the Chargers kept Turner would he have trouble running behind that chargers oline?