Tomlinson talk (deal done)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Scoffaveli3, Mar 11, 2010.

?

What Will Tomlinson's Numbers Be?

1. Over 8 TD's

120 vote(s)
    58.0%
  2. Under 8 TD's

68 vote(s)
    32.9%
  3. Over 750 Yards Rushing

74 vote(s)
    35.7%
  4. Under 750 Yards Rushing

98 vote(s)
    47.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

That would be scare especially the amount of physical teams we will be playing next season. But unfortunately thats part of the game. What we would need then is to see is our passing game flourish. Since in at least these playoffs is that the running game can take you so far, but if you have an excellent passing game and great defense you can win it all. Just look at the Saints and Colts (be it granted they have Peyton and Brees) but it can be done.

2. TorontoJETSfan

TorontoJETSfan New Member

I completely agree with this, The SD Chargers were 31st in Rushing last season compared to our #1. LT didn't just forget how to run the ball. He would be a perfect #2/#3 behind this O-Line.

3. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

We have Leon who is a threat in the passing game, Shonn is a very versatile back, but we need a bruiser.

Someone to wear the defense down, or pound it in at the GL. With the way LT is injured every other game it would be pointless.

The name is nice, but the player- Not so much.

4. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

No Mike Bell love? lol. I think he'd be perfect in our offense and we could probably get him to sign in that 1.5-2 mil. range.

5. ghostridergo

ghostridergo New Member

Mike Bell would be nice I think either direction we good it will be a good one. I even like Micheal Bennett. Doesn't have much mileage especially spending he last few seasons with SD and playing 2nd fiddle on most teams he would be a nice fit also as a 3rd back for 2 seasons.

6. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I like Mike Bell as well. But I thought he was a RFA. He'd be a nice addition but he's coming off a Super Bowl win and had one of his best seasons last year, so he's gonna want money. But he would be a nice fit in this system. He knows the zone blocking scheme we have in place already and did fairly well in it.

7. tubby

tubby Active Member

LT is a great receiver out of the backfield as well as a great pass blocker. he can do wonders in helping Greene and Leon in that department at least. I'd be all for it if the price is right.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more.
    If we were going to sign a RB over 30 why not just keep TJ? He's got a lot less miles on him then LT does.I'd much rather have Bell.
    I'm not happy about this at all.

9. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Six million reasons why.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I don't doubt that Sanchez will be better next year with experience under his belt, but we can't rely heavily on that. Our running game was the sole reason why we made it so far in the Playoffs and becoming one-dimensional is the doom for any team (unless you're the Colts or Saints). The passing game only wins you championships if you have guys like Manning and Brees and you surround them with weapons in almost every position. Brady didn't really have a running game last year and look where they ended up. Colts and Saints are pass-heavy teams, but their ground game was feared because they could do both (more so the Saints).

11. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I had a feeling this would be the case as soon as the TJ decision became public.

More to the point now is what does this say about Leon Washington. I'd assumed they were willing to match just about any contract offer he gets as an RFA, but I doubt they'd even attempt to get LT to sign up here as a third back. Leon's 28, maybe the Jets feel like getting a 2nd rounder for him now, while they have their long-term bellcow in Greene and a veteran like Tomlinson available cheap, is the right move.

I don't think Tomlinson is half as broken down as people say, but I'd rather have Leon than LT and the pick, so I hope I'm wrong on this one.

12. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Favre and LdT on the Vikes? They might as well bring in Marvin Harrison for a look.

13. MadBacker Prime

2.5per year-

TJ was stubborn at the end. The Jets would've matched that if he wanted.

14. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

I don't think he'd command that big of a salary. His best two seasons were when we ran behind that beastly O-line in Denver, that's a big reason I think he'd be great here.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah, I stayed away from the TJ argument because there's no way LT is gonna get the amount of money TJ was set to make next year alone...probably for the life of the contract. LT wouldn't be a bad signing. He'll bring leadership to the young RB's and the guy REALLY wants to win a championship bad. Those 2 qualities and our OL makes him a pretty decent signing.

16. XxAlbert84xX

XxAlbert84xX New Member

I think he's just going to pressure the vikings to sign him now by saying he will go to the jets

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This would be a hell of a signing regardless of his price.

Behind an elite offensive line, Tomlinson will be very productive if he stays healthy.

Tannenbaum could give him a contract full of incentives like making more money if he stays healthy all season.

18. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

I think this means that there's been alot of intrest in Jet-Lee, no way the Jets keep him if we sign Tomlison

19. MadBacker Prime

In 2009 he rushed for 703 yards with a 3.3 yards per carry and 52 yards per game. Oh and a whopping 20 receptions for 154 yards.

That was in 14 games- Leon had 15 receptions for 131 yards in 7 games, and his yards per carry were 4.6.

We don't need em, we need someone who is going to hurt people.

20. ........

........ Trolls

That's probably where the safe money is. I still think he signs with the Vikings and we keep Leon and draft a back, but I wouldn't mind if he signed on cheaply.