17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I wasn't pissed but I'm 38, not 70+ like the guy next to me. We started on the field and took our time working our way to the seats we all got in the 300's.

Also, there are no ramps like the old stadium. No Gate D hooting and holloring.

2. 309'em

309'em Member

Sorry about that, escalators, not elevators. We had to walk the stairs to the uppers. It will be a mess merging in with the crowd on the lower levels when using the escalators to get out.

#5662 309'em, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yes there are.

In my probe of "escalator gate" I was told by the CSR at the New Stadium Corp. that the ramp system will occupy the areas behind each end zone. Given the escalator design, I predict most fans will steam out using the back EZ ramps.

Getting into the upper deck will be another story.

4. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

I'm glad to hear this - Im in 303 row 8 which also apparently still has the platform in front (I know alot of those platforms were filled in with seating after the fact). Was concerned after seeing some photos on here of the upper railings.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Seems to be a lot of handicap seating in upperdeck. But at same time everyone is complaining about multiple escalaters which you have to keep transferring to and from and small elevators that can't handle game day capacity to upper deck. If perfectly healthy people are complaining it sounds like a field day for trial lawyers with ADA lawsuits representing wheelchair bound customers sitting in upper deck.

6. 309'em

309'em Member

The only potential problem I see is if people are standing right in front of the rail in the handicap platform. This would obstruct the view from row 8. I hope these platforms are used for their intended purpose or closed off if not in use.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

I've got a couple picts from my seats in section 301 Row 8 showing the view if you're interested. Send me a private message with your email address.

8. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Load em up on Image shack, unless they have some private stuff in them.

9. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

PM sent, thanks.

10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

show them on here

11. LogeSection2RowJ

View from 301, rows 8 to 10

[​IMG]

Looks like it worked! My apologies fellas if it didn't or if it is obnoxiously too big. If so, I will resize any others to be smaller. I never posted a photo before.

My buddy and are are seated here in row 8, 301, my wife took the photo seated behind us in row 10. It shows how from row 8, you really only see the field and the railings are not a factor thank god.

Remember though that section 301 begins with row 5 so for us we are three rows up which might be better to clear the rails. You can see the rails in this shot, but they right at the back of the end zone (gray)

If this picture posted, I have a few more good ones to post of other spots that I took photos from.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

^^^

That's not bad at all, is she zooming?

Looks fine to me though.

13. 17a_tailgater

wow that sucks for row 10 actually. your body and head blocks out 15 yards easy. imagine a packed stadium row 10 cant see the end zone without standing. and if you stand thats 40 yards blocked out.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

But she's trying to take the picture of us and is angling the camera towards us - it won't be bad, certainly no worse than sitting at another sporting event with people in front of you. Regarding someone else's Q about zooming in, this was taken with a Canon Powershot, not zoomed in.

Andre the Giant (may he rest in peace) wouldn't block out that much view!

Any photo seen here posted by anyone is not precisely accurate. The lenses make a difference, some are "wider" than others etc, but having been there I thought this photo gave a good read. We have three behind three, so I sat in row 9 behind my friend and it was like being behind anyone else at a game. Even better really than the way it was in the old lowers.

15. 17a_tailgater

when i went to Sun Life Stadium sitting i was able to see the backline of the end zone just as you can. but when people would stand i couldnt see past the goalline.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

But again, that'd be true for just about any stadium unless your feet were at the row in front of yours ear level.

Not promoting this view as a great seat, other than to say to others that it was not as bad as I feared, from an upper deck perspective. It's high, but the view of the field is good. I'm gonna miss the old stadium for sure, but in these seats when the ball is moving towards us, it shouldn't be bad. Until there's weather...

Upper deck is upper deck, I know that. I'm trying to convince myself that these are "the best cheap seats in the stadium" I hope it'll be good "Value" :rofl: for this place. Ten feet lower to my left or right in the corner primes will be paying $30 more per seat per game. X's 6 seats, that finances each tailgate party beer included.

I am one of many who will try it out PSL-free for a year 'cause I can, and if it sucks, then Wood-Yi loses my business after all these years. At that point I'll pick a few to buy on the secondary market or I'll never go back.

#5676 LogeSection2RowJ, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  17. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Hey at least the goal posts wont be in your way!

18. JLJets

JLJets New Member

I believe ADA rules state that for each person needing assistance, they are allowed another person to be with them. Recall when they used to put these people right on the field?
    I foresee the area between row 5 and row 8 as having folding chairs for those accompanying those needing assistance. Some handicapped people will not be in wheelchairs, so those too will use the folding chairs. In the new Yankee stadium, they rope these areas off for just those with valid need. Others trying to walk in or stand there are not allowed.

19. 17a_tailgater

i hear you. im not trying to knock your seats. i think anything below row 15 should be ok for the price considering the other seats. its amazing though how we accept worst seats for more money and we are OK with it..

20. LogeSection2RowJ

Save Joe Willie

Save Joe Willie!

Now that I've learned how to post a photo, here's one you might like taken from the new stadium, lower concourse overlooking the start of the demolition of the first corner of Giants Stadium. This view caught my eye, and you see why - since we played the last game there, the rotating image board had the Joe Willie Super Bowl 3 image still displayed.

This was taken 2/20 so perhaps old #12 has met the wrecking ball by now. I'm NOT lovin' it

How sad indeed...

[​IMG]