Off-Season Evaluation

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Havent you heard? TJ and Lito are gone, Woody is a cheapskate and the offseason is over already. Wake up!

2. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

A running back taken in the 3rd or 4th round coupled with Leon and Greene will make everything okay. You can, to an extent, plug guys in behind a good offensive line.

Kerry Rhodes is NOT a game-changer. He's an overrated, soft, pussy, that isn't all that interested in play football. He's average against the pass (not physical enough at the point of the catch) and he's a liability against the run. Jones will be tough to replace, but Greene & Leon can do that. Replacing Rhodes' will be pretty easy; an average safety could whiff on the tackles he has and make those 3 gift-wrapped interceptions he made.

3. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

And this is from the Giants fan! ;)

Kerry Rhodes has the physical talent to play and be great, but he doesn't have the drive

4. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Haha!

I used to like Rhodes. When he first came in the league and lead his own private film study sessions I thought he was a guy that was drafted low but was determined to make it with his work ethic. Then he got paid, became a diva, and started shying away from contact. I can't stand players that have no balls, and he falls in to that category.

5. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

It is a very deep draft and if we could cut fat with Kerry and use it to pick up a late RB in a very deep RB draft then maybe we didn't make a bad move.

The Cromrtie signing was a big upgrade we paid nothing for it.

Rex knows exactly what types of guys he wants on this team especially the defense so whatever he and Tanny decide is cool with me. Tanny always kills it and we are always one of the most aggressive teams..I could see some big things to come still

6. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Thank you /thread.

7. EAF29

EAF29 Member

i do not like the release of kerry rhodes...

Kerry Rhodes was not released, he was traded for 4th and 7th round pick. With picking up Cromartie for a contingent pick in the 2011 draft we were able to upgrade our secondary without giving up picks in this deep draft.

Leon would hurt if he leaves, but nothing is definate yet, so stay hopeful.

By adding picks to this deep draft, keeping the picks we have, and obtaining Cromartie, I think we are off to a good start in this offseason, but as MBGreen said, the offseason just started and it's way to early to start speculating.

Keep some faith, Tanny/Rex seem to know how to run this team.

8. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

This too

(filler)

9. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Should I change my signature then to Woody is 0-11 in bringing us the VLT?

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Are you making a funny?

11. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this team may no longer be the SOJ, but there will always be the SOJ fans

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

They're all pig fuckers-

#32 MadBacker Prime, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea I'm sumwat sad to see Rhodes go. Because in that game against the chargers he caused Phillip Rivers to fumble the ball when we were up 10-7. Which lead to a punt which lead to Shonne Greenes run. Also he caught that onside kick.

o wellls

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Thank you for your time sir.

15. JoezKno

JoezKno New Member

Way to early to evaluate!

16. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

No point in looking back at players lost. It's early so everything "broken" can still be fixed. We should focus on re-signing some of our best players and some of our UFAs (like Richardson, Feely, and Douglas). Perhaps tomorrow we'll sign someone, maybe Pool. If we do sign Pool we're going to have to draft someone because I've heard that Pool can get hurt at any moment.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Wait until after the draft to see how you feel about how the offseason is shaping up. Everyone is waiting on Tanny to make a move on a safety but how do we know thats not where our first rounder is going ! =O < My shocked face.

18. skeleton_frames

I agree with everything said here. I think that we should have got Asomwagalagadingdong for safety and Julius Peppers at DE and RB and and and and next year's going to be terrible and and and AAAAAAHHHH!

19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

In Buddhist world, there are total of 13 skies. Maybe all of them are falling at this moment.

20. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

What the heck man? How is this thread even worded "Off Season Evaluation"? You only talked about Kerry Rhodes and TJs departure.

TJs production can be matched by any RB behind our stud OL. Did you not see how a rookie did behind the same line?

Kerry Rhodes was a terrible tackler. Sure he was good. But Eric Smith isn't terrible either. We got compensated for Rhodes and we are in the market to replace his lousy ass. The fucker only responded when he was benched. Why even talk about having him in NY when the mother fucker has been jerking off in the media against Rex and his D while calling himself a superstar for sucking cock! Next time we see him on the field, I hope we fuck his ass up since he's only going to lie down to tackle like fuckin bitch!