17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its not as steep in the UD because its set back further. It would be better if it was steep so we would be closer to the field. It is what it is, I am gonna give it a season and decide if its worth the $$ and effort to sit in my seats. At least, I have the option of bagging it.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Exactly. This is the best part of avoiding the PSL. The $$ for the PSL is obviously a major factor in my not going that route but the "we have you by the balls" shit Woody is pulling is the major reason I am staying upstairs.

3. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Giants $1K PSLs

I am probably in the minority here, but I actually thought the Giants plan of $1K PSLs for the upper level is better than what we got. Yes, I would have had to pay $4K for my four seats in section 339 but I would have rights to transfer my seats to my kids or grandkids. Also, if the value does go up and 5-10 years from now I am no longer able to attend most games, I could get my money back by resale. Its looking like the $4K-20K PSLs will drop in value unless we win a SB or two. However, at $1K with transfer and resale rights, I think it would have been worth it.

4. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm I am beginning to wonder with 5 starters already cut from the day 1 vs Houston if Woody has decided since he cannot sell PSLs so to pay himself back for the stadium that he has ordered a cost cutting moves on the roster so he can use the xtra cap money to help him repay himself for the stadium $$$$$$

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Strange PSL AD

2010 mezz seat season seats no psl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OFFERING MY 2 SEASON TICKET SEATS IN THE LOWER MEZZANINE ROW 8
    FACE VALUE $2400 . EMAIL ME JIMDALY10@gMAIL.COM.
    MAY HAVE 2 OTHER SEATS AVAILABLE FOR SOME OR ALL THE OTHER GAMES (NEXT TO THE FIRST PAIR) ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME
    JIMMY

On jet nation.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I guess he had to pay more taxes then expected. It does suck that the invoices due on tax day.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was worried about being too far swept back from the field where I'll be in 301, row 8 but when I sat there, I found that my field of view was perfect - just ending at the back line of the EZ. From the seats I couldn't see any of the lower seats below, just the field itself.

That said I will sure miss my covered Lowers of the past 25 years.

8. MadBacker Prime

In all seriousness, can you make out the players down on the field from the UD?

Do you spend most of your time watching the big screen? I guess this question would be better for someone who was already in the UD.

Another friend of mine is waiting it out to see if he can get UD now, a better option on the UD anyway and he's never sat up there for a football game.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

I used to have two up in 326 row 16 at Giants Stadium for a time and the view was fine for me. Other friends wouldn't go up there. I think they had a baseball stadium mentality - you had to be close to the field and that was that. Upper Deck meant cheap seats.

My only problem sitting there was that it was windier, and colder than my other spot in 122. Rain, obviously too. Football is better than baseball sitting upstairs. No comparison. You always know where the ball is. If your not right at midfield being higher reduces the severity of the viewing angle, so you're almost better off.

Don't know yet in this place. There was no one on the field during my tour.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Upper Deck can be pretty good, Upper Deck can be awful. I remember sitting in the last row next to HESS sign in Upper Deck in pouring rain once. Last Row under Hess sign actually had protection from rain, our seats did not. On top of that there were a couple of schmucks who banged on Hess sign every time the players were on our side.

Upper Deck around 50 yard line on sunny day is a slice of heaven. Scary part is row 26 upper deck in new stadium is like 20 rows further back than upper deck in old stadium.

I think when they do tours some people will be pretty happy with UD seats some will not. I heard a guy today who went on Sunday's tour who actually had row one prime was not happy with all the plexiglass he has to look through to see field. He was questioning is he knew now, what he knew then with his senority he could have got row one on ten yard line with same $125 a ticket price he is paying now for row one in Upper Deck.

Jets have made seat buying like buying an airplane tickets you know as soon as you buy one expedia has one cheaper and on the aisle. Then again since we are called the jets, what do you expect.

11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I transferred my seats to my 10 year old daughter at no charge last year so that' not an issue. I don't need no rights to sit in freaking gods country. With 3D TV's comning, if we don't win a super bowl, you won't be able to give our seats away. People are getting lazier and lazier and with HDTV, it = was getting harder and harder to get people to go to games after October. Imagine now, with the price and the distance from the field. I would not give them $250 for the right to own my seats.

12. MadBacker Prime

It'a also the atmosphere, the tailgating, the eruption of the stadium after a big play or a big win.

I do not want to miss that, I'm too addicted to the whole day, plus I love watching football live. It is a great TV sport but I grew up watching the Jets live so not being there would just feel odd.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

this (filler)

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

this (filler)

What a great time it is at a home game.

15. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

I only saw plexiglass at the end of the stairways in relation front row seats. The space in front of the seats had thin metal railings. This was in the first row of the uppers.

16. 309'em

309'em Member

Took the tour Saturday (I'll be in section 343 row 8) - hit a lot of traffic coming off the Deegan ramp to get on the GW so it was just like going to a regular game.

Was expecting to be pretty high up (was in 309 row 6) and yes indeed I am. Not crazy about the elevators (will take three to get to the uppers and they are stacked right on top of each other so when you get off one you will have to walk around to the next). The rep said there will be non-PSL parking lots but said they still don't know which will be designated as such (won't be close for sure).

Was generally ok with the location (row 8 in 343 is the first row right above the handicap platform - wife said the view was not too bad - the rail in front is not an issue). We went down to sec 203 and they now have seats opened up in a rows as low as 3 but was not really sold on the end zone view and the PSL of course. Between the parking and the elevator situation it will cut into tailgate time for sure. Seats looked to be about the same width, maybe a bit more legroom. Whole thing was very low key.

17. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Elevators?

I'm assuming that the elevators are in use now because of low traffic and the stadium is not complete. I don't think there is any way they can move volumes of people on those, right? I assume there are escalators for events, right?

18. LogeSection2RowJ

I think he meant "escalators" since he described them the way I feared they were - once you ascend a level, you have to traverse back/across to the same point you began, rather than if they zig zagged. This could be bad.

I tried to get answers from the Stadium folks as well as the Fujitec elevator contractor, though no one would confirm this. I expect this to be worse after the game than before.

19. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

No elevators or escalators were running on Saturday. We walked the stairs all the way up and down. Poor old timer in my group who used to have endzone lowers was forced to walk the tour. Surefire way to make him want to buy a PSL.

Like i stated in an earlier post. I thought the work was running behind. They have to christen the place in 2 1/2 months.

#5659 Chrisp22, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  20. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thats a damn shame they managed to even fuck up the escalators.

i would have been pissed if i went for a tour and they didnt have a way to get to the top of the stadium other than by hoofing it. i understand that they are still working on things but jesus man at least get SOMETHING working to get people up there.