Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I like the deal, I think he will be better then what we had.

2. dco20

dco20 New Member

Crotchfruit Cromartie, the words flow so easy.

3. B1nary Bolt Fan

B1nary Bolt Fan New Member

Hey Jet fans -

Interesting to see the comments regarding Cro on your board. I think Charger fans are equally happy to see him gone after the implosion we've had since the loss to the J E T S Jets.

I'm not sure what you're getting in Cromartie at this point. A freakish talent with no brains is the most current description to this point. Quentin Jammer was Cro's best friend in the locker room, but I don't think he had much impact, so don't expect Revis to have much sway over him. Its well known that a lot of players were more than happy to see him pack up and leave...

Could be good for both teams, but it might be a disaster for one of em too?

Good luck with him! Oh, and WIN the AFC East! We want your 2nd! (either that, or tank like hell so we get a decent 3rd!)

Congrats on last season and good luck next.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Thanks for the post. I'm hopeing that Cro can rebound obviously. If he is anytwhere close to his 2007 form this defense is nasty. Then again I was hopeing the same thing for Lito last season.

5. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seems that way.

What do you think of the factor of Cromartie playing more man-to-man?

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rabbit? What rabbit?

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Just so you know the I in Binary would be 01001001

Also

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

no matter how this trade eventually works out for the jets i love that we have gm who is willing to make bold moves. we have all seen him shy away from the contact with greene on the big td run but he isnt being brought in for his tackling skills. he is gonna be given the opputunity to make tons of plays because most qbs don't even bother with revis at this point. if he puts in the work he is gonna be a huge part of the teams success next year.

9. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

We all know he has all of the talent in the world...I'm more concerned with the person..hopefully he can get his shit together....oh and this guys only 25! lol

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Good post. I have some reservations about Cromartie. I think he might be more of an ass than Rhodes is. He sure pussed against the Jets when Greene came towards him. He can cover, and is a great athlete, but after that, I'm not too sure about him. I could say the same about Rhodes, too. (excepting the cover thing)

I think a conditional 2011 is a decent price. The Jets HAD to take a CB in the first this year, until this happened, so other needs can now be addressed. Now, I have little clue what Tanny and Rex might do in the draft. This really opens it up.

I had high hopes for Lito too, so I'm on the fence with AC. Maybe a change of scenery will help. A different team culture. I hope so.

Tanny and Rex are full of surprises. Let's see what they do next.

11. InRevisWeTrust

InRevisWeTrust New Member

[​IMG]

NOTE: I did not make this original wallpaper - I just added Cromartie. I will remove the file at the request of the original poster.

12. MadBacker Prime

You have to put him in a Jets uni-

13. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I love it.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Nice. filler

15. B1nary Bolt Fan

If you could play Cro up on the line and have him go man to man on every play, he'd probably do best. Problem is, you can't.

He's not a bump and run guy. He's more of a "you take off and I'll chase you" kind of player. Not sure he can run with a guy and constantly keep a hand on him the way Revis does. (he might break a nail)

Seriously, Charger fans think he's a liability when the ball carrier is running at him. Surprising the Jets took him after seemingly running to the left side with some success in that last game.

For two seasons, I've felt that an automatic 1st down could be had by throwing left and underneath. Cro needs tremendous support from the linebacker and safety on his side of the field to defend anything that isn't over the top.

16. MadBacker Prime

When I look back at charger forums though he sure does get a lot of praise.

Could the Charger fan hate the Jets so much now that they would devalue a player simply because he's a Jet now?

I think so-

01010011 01010101 01000011 01001011
    01001101 01011001
    01000010 01000001 01001100 01001100 01010011

17. B1nary Bolt Fan

Here's a real forum:
    http://forum.signonsandiego.com/showthread.php?t=104665

I just posted today about how quickly things changed. Two seasons ago, Cro was on the "must be resigned" list when we talked about all the FA's we'd have this year and next.

Before last year, he started getting flack about his dropoff from the season before and there was a lot of complaining about the poor coverage on the left side in particular. Cro admitted he was distracted by his paternity problems and a bum hip.

Last year, the crying about his inability to tackle and hit started and it reached the boil over when he didn't even reach for Shonne's flag. He's a liability outside of man to man coverage.

In two years he went from the STAR to ship him out for whatever you can get... Plain and simple, Charger fans are sick of him.

18. crimetime31

crimetime31 Member

Cro got praise for one year, 2007. By game 2 of 2008 (the hochuli game) people were asking what was wrong with him. Most of that season he was horrendous. Charger fans hoped for a turnaround in 2009 but opening day he was awful again giving up a potential game winning TD to jamarcus russell of all people and then being embarrassed against Pitt.

He played fairly well the rest of the season but when you dont attempt to make a tackle down by 3 in the 4th quarter of a playoff game, and then dont even try on the 4th and 1 play with the season on the line, youre gonna start to get some people pretty angry with you, no?

conversly, im sure most jets fans were laughing at cromartie 2 months ago and now i even see one poster say hes the 3rd best corner in football!

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

basically the same way most of us feel about kerry rhodes. sucks to see guys with such great talent waste it.

20. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

And we'll be playing a lot of man.