Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

This is a great fucking trade. Cromartie hasn't played well the past 2 years why? He had no fucking pressure to the QB. This is the best spot for Cromartie to land. Yeah he doesn't make great tackles, but this guy can cover, and is athletic. All he has to do is cover for 4-5seconds get some hops boom INT. This guy should have a big year with the Jets.

Also I heard he is a woman beater or some shit. When he flies into New York expect Rex, Kris Jenkins, and Bart Scott to pick him up at the airport and whoop his ass.

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I like this trade. I have faith in Rex.

3. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Can you shed any light on the Ted Cotrell defensive scheme in SD for '07/'08? I'm wondering how much man coverage they played.

4. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

One aspect that is being lost in this trade is that the guy is only making 1.2 this year and is in the final year of his contract. My guess is if he's going to have any year that he reverts back to 2007 form it's going to be this year.

I was also not a big fan of Cro until we actually made the deal and saw we really didn't give up that much for a guy who has the potential to be a superstar.

5. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

www.twitter.com/A_Cromartie31

6. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Huh? I've never heard that he was a woman beater at all.

Unless you mean he beats up a woman's uterus. He loves doing that.

7. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Dunno, but look at this.

San Diego police investigated him for assault for allegedly hitting a man over the head with a champagne bottle at a bar in November. No charges were filed for lack of evidence.

He can't tackle so well. Rex is gonna have him bring champagne bottles on the field, and teach him how to hit.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Rex pulled some crazy shit during camp while teaching him to be more physical, and bring out a bottle of champagne.

8. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Cro used to be a fav of mine in his college days but, yeah, hes a little too soft for my taste. That being said, SD's front seven has been nothing to talk about since Williams knee is now play-dough and Merriman got caught roiding.

he has ball skills and definitely is better at man coverage than people here give him credit for.

basically the only thing I like about this trade is Cro's age, and I think our staff is filled with WAY better DEF coaches than SD. that being said, if he lays pussy whiffs in a Jets uni people will turn fast. we didnt give up shit for the potential Cromartie has under this staff

I think him being on the same team as Revis will pay dividends. Revis will be able to teach him and for all the cons on Cro's scouting report forcing QB's to throw to someone who can make jaw dropping plays on the ball while in the air is a plus we didnt have with neither Lowery/Sheppard/Strickland.

Revis/Cromartie/Lowery/Strickland

get strickland back and weve got one of the best defensive backfields in the league.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm not entirely familiar with how Teddy was running that defense in 2007 (he got canned in Oct 2008 because his linebackers weren't providing enough pressure, from what I have read), but the fact is that every cornerback looks better when there is an elite pass rush helping them out. I've read from a number of fans that Teddy was still running a mix of man and zone (same as he was apparently running in 2007) before they showed him the door.

When Merriman showed signs of re-injuring that knee in the '08 season, that was right about the point that they stopped being effective.

#329 abyzmul, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  10. jetsflyinginjersey

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

To be fair, it's not like Dwight Lowery is a household name...

The key, as Abyzmul pointed at, is getting a pass rush. Rex will blitz like crazy, which as we saw last year helps a lot. That could open up some plays for Cromartie to make. But we still need that pass rusher that teams fear coming off the edge, like Merriman did for San Diego.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

i see nothing wrong here. looks like he was on the Jets already.

13. Talisman

Talisman Active Member

Damn, I just woke up and read about this. I don't know how I feel yet about it, I need to read through this thread, but Tanny usually does his homework so I have to imagine we're protected in case he turns out to be a tackling pussy

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I love this trade. We lose nothing in the short term, and add a solid upgrade over Lowery. He'll be tested, but if we upgrade our pass rush as we're supposed to, then I think this defense will be even better than last year.

15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

This is just the first pick up. I can't wait to find out what the rest of this off season has in store for the Jets. Oh! yeah! I am down with this trade. The secondary had some holes last year this move should help tighten it up.:up:

16. IATA

IATA Trolls

So what? Our big acquisition WR was arrested for the exact same thing.

17. amuck57

amuck57 Active Member

my hope is that this dose not turn into another 1 year rent a player.

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Isn't that great? 2 of the biggest skill position pickups we have made in the past year have been:

a) implicated with assault in or around clubs

b) summoned to court for late child support payments

No more of that Mangini Guy crap anymore! Let's go sign some deadbeats!

19. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Let's trade for Brandon Marshall!

20. fossdboss

fossdboss New Member