Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I think this is a great move by the Jets.

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

From what I've read, Cromartie's lack of effort (to tackle?) is what lead to him being traded. Maybe Cromartie wasn't happy in San Diego or wanted a better contract than the million he was getting. Rex brings energy to this D, something that Cromartie needs. U can site Gholston, but Gholston is a player who NEVER performed in the NFL. What AC needed was a change of scenery to play aggressively. Besides, the primary job of a corner is to cover. Tackling is important of course, but if a corner back is tackling a RB, you have most likely given up a long run anyways. Cromartie has excellent coverage skills and can run along with the likes of DHB (Wait, did he even run last yr? lol).

Cromartie should get better at tackling and Revis' presence and knowledge should help aswell. A 3rd rounder next yr is like a 4th this yr. I don't mind at all. If it becomes a 2nd rounder, then he would have probably out played Chargers expectations anyways so its a win win situation for BOTH teams.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

We call Rhodes a pussy tackler but that doesn't mean we want him to suck.

4. Borntolose

Borntolose New Member

He maybe a good player but seven kids by five different women. Jesus Christ!

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How do you manage your tax deductions?

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Wouldnt say that and a 3rd is what most of us thought we would get but we were hoping for it to be this year.

He has a year left on his deal and the Jets werent the only team interested(so we read anyways), and they announced that Cason would be starting next season before we even heard the trade rumors so id think Cro would of got a demotion if no trade was to AJ's liking but i cant say for sure.
    I know they really wanted to unload him though.

He comes with a lot of negatives but some possitives too but the Negs were far outweighing the possitives the past year and a half and Rivera dont want a guy who dont like contact.

That video you guys were laughing at infuriated us but it is typical Cromartie.

7. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Hey, Boltjolt is back. Hi, Boltjolt.

8. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

BOOM

Headshot

9. ........

........ Trolls

When I picture Karl Malone reading this, it makes it so much better.

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The video on that is from an unfortunate angle. It looks a lot like he just let Greene go by him. However if you switch your perspective to where the two of them actually likely were, then it looks like the best he'd have done is maybe get a hand on him and only if he dived for him. Nobody hand tackles Shonn Greene and I actually somewhat doubt he'd even have gotten a hand on him. He was coming from the left side and slightly behind the line and Greene was already in the hole when he arrived. There's just no good angle there.

11. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Actually... if you look at that video closely, you'd find that Cro wasn't the only one that shied away from tackling Shonn. The WR (I think Brad Smith?) chip-blocked from the left side, and was on ground when Cro and another DB was there to watch Greene rip it a long one. Tagging that run on Cro alone is quite unfair to that kid.

On that 4th-and-1 conversion, you can rip Cro all you want, but the fact is that your front 7 got completely embarrassed. In a goal line stance, CB's primary job is still covering the backside, and the run support the second. If you look at how Giants stuffed the Pats midfield at 4th and 1 during the SB game, you'd notice that it was the front 7 that stuffed the run, not the secondary.

You can rip Cromartie all you want for his lack of efforts with tackles and contacts, but you need to remember that players like Revis doesn't grow on tree, and a primary job of a defensive back is to cover, and tackling is a remote second. When they do tackle, they would wrap their arm around the receivers, and the 'laying woods' type of tackle belongs to the likes of SS and LBs.

P.S. On a sidenote, I see lots of Charger fans saying "Cro will get burned like a burnt toast across Revis" or things of that sort. If you can, tell them to wake up from that dream. That is not happening. Whoever is convinced that such will happen is but delusional.

If at all, Lito didn't get burned like a burnt toast; neither did Lowery. They did give up their share of plays, but nothing big. If you care enough, look up the yards given up by the DBs. You'd easily find Revis, Sheppards and Lowery all in top 10. Now... Cro is there to replace Lito - and he's going to be that much better.

#231 Zach, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  12. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Personally...I don't want him to hurt himself trying to tackle somebody....I want him to stay healthy for pass coverage.... He's very good at that. Do what ur good at !!!:metal:

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Sure, but we also have some really young starters in their mid 20s. Sanchez and Greene. Edwards, Mangold, D'Brick and Keller on offense. Harris, Revis, Cromartie, Rhodes (atleast as of now) and even Leonhard on D. Sanchez, Greene and Keller aren't going anywhere for a few years. Edwards would probably get his due this year. There is no way we let Mangold walk. D'brick will make about $20 mil in the next two years so we have some time to 'extend' his contract. Harris is a core player and again, we can't let him walk. Revis will get locked up long term no matter what. Cro would need to be signed to a long term contract. Kerry I don't know. Leonhard is pretty good too.

Yeah we some aging positions, but we have a great core to build around and some time to gather the talent. If we ace this years draft with a couple of SOLID starters, we would be in great shape imo.

Ghost will be dumbed next year barring a miracle. TJ is already gone. Faneca's ridiculous salary would be gone soon. Woody won't see his last year of the contract either. Once the salary cap comes back, if it does, the cap would be higher and depending on when it does come back, it might be much higher than what we were used to. I don't see much issue with resignings.

14. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Yo.

I haven't been to my computer for many hours but I was following this whole shit on my phone. I am fucking OD'ing on adrenaline right now. I can barely sit still. This trade. Is. FANTASTIC.

Cromartie is a VERY GOOD cornerback, and we've only seen him primarily as a #1. JUST FUCKING IMAGINE how good he'll be as a #2!! We are going to blitz Cro's side ALL DAY. ALL FUCKING DAY. QB looks up at Cro, his #2 WR is locked up, he looks over on Revis Island, that shit is locked the fuck up as always. UHH. UHH. UHH. UHH... WHERE THE FUCK DO I THROW??

NOWHERE, BITCH. YOU. THROW. FUCKING. NOWHERE. CALVIN PACE IS STANDING OVER YOU ASKING YOU HOW THAT FUCKING TURF TASTES. AND HE'S WATCHING YOU MASTURBATE.

AND THE BEST PART ABOUT IT IS... WE AIN'T FUCKIN DONE. WE GOT A WR TO DRAFT OR TRADE FOR. WE GOT ALL OUR PICKS LEFT.

IS IT FUCKING SEPTEMBER YET???? J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!

15. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Jammer is one of the best tackling CB's in the league and it didnt help. Its not so much that he is a bad tackler, he just dont like to...which i guess he isnt real good at it either but hard to say since he avoids it so much...lol

Look, i dont want to sound like i dont like him because he is gone, ...i wanted him gone! Just wanted the pick to be for this year.

Cro has 7 kids from 5 different women, and is having legal, and financial trouble(from these women) on top of that.
    He got in trouble recenetly by throwing a champainge or wine bottle, cant recall which.... across a bar and hitting some chick in the head.

There is going to be a story on that stuff in the San Diego paper tomorrow. Its called the San Diego Union Tribune if you want to look for it.

#235 Boltjolt, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  16. tomjet529

tomjet529 Member

I KNEW it was coming, thought it freed up draft for DE or WR... but no richardson, who knows about LEON,mike bell?.. FINAL EIGHT rule aside.. JETS excitement abounds!!

17. tomjet529

tomjet529 Member

awesome!! message

18. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

This post right here is exactly how I feel.

19. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

He was the #2 on our team too. Jammer is a better CB than Cromartie and is our #1. He just dont get a lot of picks. Jammer dont get burned like Cro does. Brandon Marshall had his 18 catches in a single game on us primarily against Cromartie in the 2008 season.

20. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Yeah. Well. YOU DIDN'T HAVE REVIS CHRIST OR REX FUCKIN' RYAN. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.