Jets Trade For Cromartie (2011 Conditional)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JAMESDEARTH, Mar 4, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Well that was quick.

2. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I don't know about "a lot of people." Mangold, Revis, and Brick will be resigned, those are franchise cornerstone positions you don't let walk and Tanny isn't an idiot. So Edwards, Harris, and Cro (if he works out) are the only first tier players with a chance of leaving. Yes a few second tier players like Brad Smith, or Washington (yes 2nd tier because of his injury) might leave but those you can fill in the draft again, or won't be expensive to resign.

So maybe 1 or 2 might walk, but not alot.

3. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

He's only 25, and has proven himself in this league as a starting CB. He's under contract for another year and we just got him for a conditional 3rd NEXT year. That's great value and frees the Jets to draft other positions. Great trade!

4. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

Eh?

Filler.

5. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Just heard Schefter say the conditional pick will be dependent on Cro's performance and "how the Jets do overall next year". I don't know if Tanny included a # of wins or PO appearance with Cro on the team, but it sounds like a hell of a deal.

6. ........

........ Trolls

One of the best parts of this is that the Nnamdi thread can finally die.

7. CatoTheElder

I thought the "props to tanny" thread was merged.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Well, all of my relatives who are diehard Charger fans are ecstatic. I've tried reasoning with them, explaining that with a consistent pass rush he'll return to form. They're not listening.

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Douglas will be gone, Ellis retired, Jenkins on his last year, Faneca and Woody, Moore is 31, #2 TE needs to come in, Scott will be 30, Pace and Thomas will be at the end of their careers.

A lot of people are leaving very soon.

10. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

Dude....U have hit all the points on the head.......U caught all angles......Great post !!! :metal:

11. Run_N_gun10

There are a few mis-informed.....dum dums here...just gotta ignore em'.....they know who they are....:up:

12. CalgaryJet

CalgaryJet Member

this is a awesome move best starting corner tandem in the league no questions asked

13. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

For those late night TGG'ers who listen to WFAN, I called in about an hour and a half ago (Matt from Brooklyn), commenting on the trade.

I asked if trading for Cromartie was the right move, or was there another CB out there that we could have/should have gotten.

Response from Adam the Bull: It was a great trade because of the fact that is a 2011 conditional 2nd or 3rd rounder, and the fact that although he may appear to have slacked off at times, Rex is the perfect coach to get control of him.

He said it best. A Rex Ryan-polished Cromartie alongside Revis should be fun to watch next season.

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

In Rex I trust

Great trade

15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Harris, IMO, is just as much as a franchise corner stone as the first 3. I trust Tannenbaum will figure it out.

16. Boltjolt

Boltjolt New Member

Ha, we wont regret it. The guy is a unwilling tackler and we and apparently management was tired of his Ole' tackling. You will get a good dose soon enough.
    Rex cant teach a guy to tackle when he is scared.
    He did have the one good season with the 10 INT's but he was still never good in run support and he avoided contact then, and obviously still does.

We have Antione Cason who was a first round pick in 2008 who will take over Cromarties spot.
    We shall see if he gets the message but i dont care anymore. He is gone and we are happy one of the "me" partyboy players is gone.

17. CatoTheElder

I agree with every part of this.

18. Run_N_gun10

Well...Jets can always sign a veteran F.A..

19. Tight

Tight Active Member

I can distinctly remember everybody calling this man a fucking pussy not too long ago... Now everybody loves the guy.. Hey he's In green and white so guess I have no choice.. Go jets

20. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

1. You need to look at the trade in this light: Cromartie is heads and shoulders above whatever Lito Sheppards was. That alone means this defense got that much better. Remember, Lito was 1. injury prone and 2. wasn't much of physical tackler either. Still that didn't prevent Rex from fielding #1 defense unit - so Cro's tackling prowess (if he has one, ha!) won't be missed if at all.

2. I guess AJ Smith was just about done putting up with Cro - so that's a good deal for you guys. He would have been cut if this trade didn't happen, no?