Schien: Rhodes could be traded to Arizona

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RAGINGVILMA, Mar 3, 2010.

1. RAGINGVILMA

RAGINGVILMA New Member

Per Loud mouths on SNY, says the Cards want Rhodes since they will loose Rolle and have had discussions in which they will give up to the jets either a 3rd round pick OR Anquan Boldin. Wow, good stuff

2. ........

........ Trolls

Now THAT is some news. We've been speculating for months, but this seems credible. I hope we're poised to scoop up Rolle on Friday!

3. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

I'd rather have the pick, but I know we've always had a hardon for Boldin. Win-win as far as I'm concerned

4. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Holy shit. Boldin?

I'm not sure how I feel about that. I think I might rather have the pick...

5. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

they want to trade us one of the best #2's in the game for Rhodes? I'm sold....

That is loading up our offense with weapons.

Edwards
    Cotchery
    Boldin
    Keller

with Greene and Leon in the Backfield is kind of scary how do you game plan for that?

Especially if we somehow bring in Rolle to replace Rhodes? That is simply instant upgrading...

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I don't think Rhodes and Boldin would be a straight up trade. Im pretty sure they would ask for a pick along with it. If not, Rhodes for Boldin straight is a no brainer. I would rather get Boldin than a late 3rd rounder.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Picking up Boldin would by my choice. What a physical tough reciever. Perfect fit.

8. Drew

Drew Active Member

Boner alert.

9. CatoTheElder

Who rides the pine?
    -Boldin certainly is not going to be happy with being a #3.

-Cotchery is one of the better leaders on the team , it would be an insult to ask him to take a diminished role, especially since he has the best hands.

-Edwards is already a precarious situation with his contract/tender offer. Piss him off and we're likely to have wasted a 3rd and a 5th. He already constitutes one WR who is unhappy with his contract, why bring in Boldin to start demanding a restructure at the same time as Edwards?

#9 CatoTheElder, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  10. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

I'd rather have the pick, in my view jets already have two solid wrs. should address another need through the draft

11. jets2884

jets2884 Active Member

wow....that would be very interesting....

12. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

If that's true, that's great news. I'm hoping for the 3rd rounder.. not that I'd be disappointed either way.

13. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

or we could go to 3 wr 1 TE base sets instead of last years 2 te sets...

More space so running lanes are easier to find, and who the hell has 3 cbs that can handle Boldin Edwards and Cotchery 1-on-1 and then throw Keller into the mix?

With Sanchez progressing and wanting to move to a more balanced offense it would sure as hell be interesting having the best 3 wr trio in the NFL with an explosive TE for him to play with...

But as it was pointed out, it just doesnt seem like its a fair trade Bolding for Rhodes straight up. We would need to add something, which makes the overall deal unlikely

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Actually, after thinking it through, these thoughts came to mind. Edwards and Boldin are similar in blocking ability, though Edwards has true game breaking speed. Boldin is a bit stronger.

Thinking it over, I agree, one or the other, but not both. I can't see Edwards or Boldin in the slot, so you would overload a fairly solid position.

The draft pick it is.

15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Boldin would be awesome. That would load up the wide outs for the Jets. Like others have already said a 3rd rounder would not be bad either. Player for player could also allow them to trade Edwards for a pick or two if he has that kind of value.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'd rather take the pick!!

Edwards, Cotchery and then draft a slot WR.

We would need another pick to draft another Safety.

17. CatoTheElder

That would be a massive departure from anything Schottenheimer has done in the past. That also makes either Boldin or Cotchery as a slot guy/blocking WR far too often when we already have Brad Smith to fill that role for a much cheaper price. I know Rex said he wanted to throw the ball more and let Sanchez's passing skills develop but that is taking it a step beyond. Maybe if Martz was the OC but not with Schottenheimer and Rex running the show.

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Trade Rhodes for Boldin (no longer need a WR) and have Rex waiting at Rolle's doorstep early Friday morning. I'll take them both....

19. CatoTheElder

I'm assuming you're going with Cotchery in the slot, then. That would be a HUGE mistake to limit him like that. He's the best safety valve on the team as far as receiving options go.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

put me down for the draft pick.we have enough players who want/need new deals.