17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

That's okay, 17a. I know you've bonded with ROJF, so although I know you're looking out for me, I completely understand that you want to have him sitting over there with you.

Again, it'll pain me deeply not to have him in my company, but I'll try to get over it and maybe you can let me wave to you guys once in a while from across the corner. It's going to be a bitch, but I'll try to man up. I appreciate your breaking it to me gently.

#5521 Section 227. Row 5, Feb 26, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

no no i insist arent you guys like rows apart???
    im like 16 rows away from him.besides he wants to sit with you and the BIL.

3. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it all depends on what day you ask him!

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

lol the BIL..

5. JetsSec337Lot13B

He hasn't talked about moving to section 346 thank god. BTW we have a guy in our section who leads the J E T S chants so we should be good.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

you guys rock, can't wait to feel the love last year. I know 227 is the man, when I sat in 228 Row one, I could just look over my right shoulder a few rows back and feel his gun pointing at me. I have seats in 347 row 21, 347 row 22 and 342 row 23 I can sit in. I may pick up more!!!I want to corner the market on Pepsi corner seats!!!!!!

I am trying to connect with the 342 seats to see how many I can get together. Upper Deck 95 and 105 ticket price good seats in good locations are going to be the bomb!!!

on ebay I see the scalpers grabbed them and lots of corner ez, touchdown corner and 7.5k seats in very low rows. they are thinking of only one thing, resale. And the bigger the nut you have to cover with the PSL the bigger the chance you are going to lose your nuts.

7. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

THE PEPSI CORNER was featured on the back page of today's NY Post...just for you guys. :wink:

[​IMG]

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I actually got 2 game balls. One right after I complained that I didn't get one (like 3 weeks ago), and then a second just showed up last weekend :D

9. Section341

Section341 New Member

They"ll send you one every week if you buy a PSL.

10. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Row One

So, I alway bother Jets once a month about my row one seats. Basically, WTF I did not get a pair in new stadium. Well finally the SOBs cough up a pair for me a few days ago. But the damm thing is row one section 110 Jets side in middle.

I told the Jets I know a scalper will grab that up as that is old front row club that went for $400 face last year. However, 110 is a 15k PSL that is only around 13 seats from 109 which is a 7.5k PSL. I said look, I would pay 15K in a heartbeat in 111 for a front row but I ain't paying 15K for a front row near the 7.5K seats. Keep me in the loop for a front row in LL EZ, 6k, 7.5K seats or 15K seats front row seats on aisle by higher priced section.

Jets drive me nuts they had lots of row 3-6 seats when 6k and 7.5 sections opened up. I ain't paying double to sit two rows forward and 13 seats over. Is it too much to ask for two front row seats in 7.5K section on aisle one seat over from 15K seats wth no money down and free parking and the two jets cheerleaders of my choice to do a "two girls one cup" show?

Giants treated me better. And I don't even like the Giants.

11. 17a_tailgater

if you think the giants treated you good,you should show up at sect 227 tailgate.pats hater tells me his bratswurst is to die for.send me a pm and ill give you his cell #.

12. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The only giants game I am going to is in preseason when Jets play Giants. I am taking my wife so I need to be on good behavior. Last time I took her was the Titans game and what a sloppy day of rain that was. Opening day I will be drunk as skunk with guys so watch out.

My main concern with Giants was this. Both Jet and Giants have stated as of now they have no plans to pursue legal recourse for fans who stop making their PSLs payments, they plan on siezing PSLs and re-selling them. Although they legally retain this right to sue you for balance as per PSL agreement.

That said. If Jets actually follow this course of action someone who bought a TC seat no money down, makes their first $1,250 PSL payment has a good chance of being able to walk away in year two and be out only $1,250, Jets also confirmed they if they do pursue legal action they will not go after widows for balance remaining on PSL. They will only go after PSL purchaser.

Giants now want 50% up front. Then 50% in year two. So if PSLs completely go to zero in value three years from now you are out all the money. Jets have pursued a no money down sub-prime lier loan approach to PSL financing. Jets can't afford to completely rape its season ticket holders until borrowers have skin in game via PSL equity. Giants can rape you as soon as 13 months from now.

13. Section341

Section341 New Member

Very clever. It's the only way to "beat" this PSL BS. When I was considering a PSL, I was thinking exactly like you - that the financing provides me with an option to walk away (and cut my losses and run).

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

But why bother - ONLY $1250? So you've dropped about $265 per game ($140 ticket price plus the $1250 divided by ten games is $125 per game) to sit in good seats for just one year. Seats that until 2010 at Giants Stadium were less than half that amount.

They still come out ahead. They won't be embarrassed by the empty seat they would have had if not for this "scam" this year. Why do you think this stadium employs the old Superdome tactic of coloring the seats so it's harder to tell when they're vacant?

And of course, why risk the lawsuit? Perhaps you won't be able to buy tickets from them again - ever. No matter what I think about this whole situation, I'm still a Jets fan. last thing I want is the threat of legal action by "my" team.

15. JLJets

JLJets New Member

Access to the Stadium

I'm anxious to get into the new stadium but haven't done the tour because I didn't want to deal with the sales pitch. I've done that enough on the phone and am comfortable with my four new seats in section 339, so I'm definately not buying a PSL.

The Jets said they would do a "Meet Your Seats Day" this spring, according to Rob Sullivan, VP of Consumer Sales and Service when he did an online chat session on Jan. 14. Does anyone know when they intend to do this and any other details about it? (How many people can go, all day event, STH only, more than one day, can guests go with STH?, etc)

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

The LGL on aisle by 15k seats are most likely best seats in house to break even on. They are like $400 a pair game day price with PSL baked in.

The 15K seats right next to 7.5k seats and GHC club even on big games you are losing money.

The "open house" you can invite whole family too. The "open house" will be used as a marketing tool to upsell people to better seats.

I think they even plan on putting "available" signs on unsold good seats and take you their on trip to your actual seats.

Problem is most UD seats are a lot better than the Jets have been saying they are and those UD people won't budge. I say 20k of seats upstairs are ok. But that still leaves 7k of people to try and upsell.

But other problem someone who got row 26 UD EZ most likely was a low or no senority season ticket holder when he got them and had a limited income as there was great 4k PSL seats left when he opted for the last row and he already turned down no money down great 4k seats last month, what has changed from Feb to April, not much. Jets will either hope for a booming DJIA in the next 60 days or throw in free parking or lower interest to get those people to trade up.

17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I toured on 2/20 and was all ready for the pitch too, but, there was none.

You fill out a form prior to the tour, and that form is where they confirm your phone number, and those who are with you, for the follow-up call. I got one of those, but the guy who led us around was as nice as could be. No pressure whatsoever. He had no problem taking us up to 301 to sit in our seats. I expected derogatory comments regarding how much better we could do, but there was nothing like that at all. Maybe we just got a good guy and I got lucky.

If you do go, be sure to check out the obstructed view seats. Yes, you read that right. That was a highlight for me.

18. 17a_tailgater

where where those, section 342 row 16??

19. Section341

Section341 New Member

True. That's why in the end after going back and forth I stayed away from those toxic PSLs

20. Section341

Section341 New Member

I think free parking is a given next year for PSLs. All you have to do is ask. I agree with you for the most part on the best $7.5k LGL (which would be at about the 15 yd line) but to me they have a cost of about $500 for the pair (factoring in the two pre-season games you have to eat). $250 for a LL 15 yard seat - is that fair?