Modern Warfare 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by LockDown24, Nov 6, 2009.

1. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

yeah i haven't unlocked 1-man-army yet, but I use stopping power usually... as for the third perk, I've been using ninja a lot lately and come to really like it.. especially for hearing other people's footsteps and distinguishing from (the lack of) my own.

2. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Anyone got any tips for getting FMJ kills? I did the mastery for the M4 but it took forever.. now I'm trying to do it for the M16 and the P90 but I cringe at how long it's going to take... I'm hoping there's a few tricks on some maps or something.

3. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

It always takes me forever to get FMK done. But I've mastered 7 or 8 weapons now so it's definately doable. Just be patient and stick with it.

Oh, and it's next to impossible to do unless your playing hardcore, which is good, since there should only be hardcore IMO.

4. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I used to agree with this because that is all I used to play, but MW2 is such a campers game that hardcore moves so damn slow, its so boring. Hardcore in MW or WaW and im in for sure....

5. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Oh man... so what's the difference in hardcore?

6. Denny

Denny Active Member

Hardcore is great. You hit somebody they go down immediately. It's a cat and mouse game and closer to real life. You can't run around a whole bunch cause of the spawn delay unless you like sitting and watching a lot. You'll also find there is much more communication. It's a different dynamic.

I'll warm up on Team Deathmatch Express and finish off in Hardcore Team Deathmatch. Your aim has to be dead on. You miss you die lol. And if I suck in hardcore I'll move back into Team Deathmatch.

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Walked into Gamestop today...

The Manager told me MW2 plans to unveil new maps when the game BattleFront comes out.

We'll see.

8. The Predator

The Predator Active Member

Basically it's just a much more realistic gameplay in that there is no HUD for ammo or radar (unless of course your team has UAV) and there are no cross hairs on screen. Also it only takes a few rounds to kill or be killed, so stopping power is unneccessary, which opens up another perk slot for
    most people to use.

As said above, your aim and reflexes need to be perfect because there is no room for error. And while it is true that there are
    far more campers in hardcore, I still think it's the better way to play since
    you can't just run around like a jackass. You actually need to think before going out into the open.

Scik you are right though, I absolutely prefer hardcore in WaW. Not to mention They had HC FFA which it still confuses me how they left it
    out of this game

9. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think that prestiging makes the game more interested. Im at level 61 first prestige, probably going to continue each time. I don't find much of a drop off in kills when I do it, so it wont be a problem. 1.37 k/d ratio as of last night.

10. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I'm considering prestiging when it opens up, but I just really don't see the benefit. 1 more class slot and a pretty icon just don't really do much for me. I'm fine with the class slots I have, and if I usually switch stuff up between matches anyway. Hmmm.

11. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Im shooting for all the titles and emblems, or at least the most I can get. Presteging opens that up.

12. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you will become a better player. losing all your go to weapons with the attachments makes you totally change how you play. being forced to use the weapons you haven't touched in awhile makes you that much better when you get the good stuff back.

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Prestiging helped me find my favorite gun...UMP45 Silenced. My aim got a lot better b/c I had to use the iron sight.

Finally I got my tactical knife back after prestiging...

14. Theo Huxtable

Theo Huxtable New Member

Ya, I'm excited to prestige again, I was ...okish when I first prestiged, but now that I got my M16 back I've been getting about a 2.5 K/D ratio.

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Does Prestiging reset your k/d ratio?

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

no

filler

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Anyone with an original PS3 having problems with MW2?

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think all original playstations have the same error. I think it says something to the extent of 8001050f....there will be a patch soon.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I heard about all this nonsense, at least it gave me an excuse to do my resume.

20. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Fixed as of last night.