17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Which was exactly my point. If his shot of the old meadowlands were head on it would look higher. Same point holds, to make an accurate comparison you need equal positioning, and even then you can't get it perfectly because the place is also set back further

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

We all know it will be higher and set further back. It's just a matter of how high the place is. Based on the pictures of the new place and pictures from the upper deck I don't buy that row 4 new is row 31 old. Unfortunately these are the best pictures that I have. No one will really be able to judge the views until next September when we play in front of a full house.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Here's the deal:

The stadium has been built, some of chose to go the non-PSL route and next year regardless of the height of the stadium, we will be in our seats PSL free.

I really don't care how much higher my seats are now. I have seats without a leash and the Jets are going to be a great team.

Go Jets!!!!!

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Pats- hater, its great that we are PSL free, and it looks like we have a good team for the next few years. What pissed me off, as a ticket holder for 30 years in the UD, who's ticket price was increased by 30% or so, is that I am sitting 2 sections over from my old seats and farther away from the 50. Letting people who sat downstairs all those years have first choice over me is wrong. That said, I am over it and just hoping the place is great, the people in my new section are fun and my view is good. Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile

5. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

My UD seats in 2009 were $80.

MY UD seats in 2010 are $125.

A 56% increase.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Feeling the Love

Bottom line, 30 year season ticketholders were not offered good seats when they became availalbe last year. That was bad.

This year, senority is meaningless. People who picked first were not aware of price reductions to come in TC and LGL or club quarters. When these seats did open up it was first come first served.

Up to around two weeks ago as UDs opened up new people off street could jump on them. I saw a UD sideline corner and something equivalent of 227s seat open up and a call to the jets number at just right lucky time got you best seats near a 25 year ticket holder in UD.

Plus early season ticket holders who went PSL route put down 20% on seats while today, you can put down zero percent.

US re-seating process will be a free-for-all. Some people may choose to get a TC or LGL and still try to get an UD seat in a great position.

Seats as low as row 3 sidleline and on the aisle sideline near higher price sections and good EZ corners row 10-20 are popping up and Mezz corners row one to three. When I picked I got choice UD, or junky 4k or 5k seat or pony up at least 10k for a decent PSL. Now come Valentines day one year into PSL seating process it is a free for all.

I am very negative at times and I should be. I am very positive on rare occassions when Jets do some new good deal.

Bottom line the maddest guy in stadium is the people who bought in 15K sections on aisle near new 7.5k sections.

They put down 6k deposit on two seats with a 150 ticket price. with a balance of 24K to payoff. One seat over in 7.5k section they put nothing down, have a 125 ticket and a PSL balnce of 15k.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

US prime is interesting. Sounds great at $125, but if you can't make a game you need to sell it for around $140 each on stub hub to cover fee. UD prime row one between 20's no problem, UD prime goal line to 20 yard line rows 2-4 good luck. You are a few seats away from row 5 UD EZ corner with a 95 dollar ticket price. I know where I am sitting when I buy on-line.

Also it is a little crazy that row 4 ten yard line UD is $125 and row one ten yard line sideline has a $125 ticket price even with a 7.5K psl.

I think if Jets are big success they might PSL the whole UD prime anyhow. Giants sold every seat up there for 5K. They could probably get away with PSLs at some point whole upper deck first 19 rows.

the absolute best seat in UD EZ or UD sideline might be a better deal long term.

Oh yea some people are not happy about their EW Club corner purchases too. They went to corner as PSL was only 5k and right below PSL was 10K. Even with higher ticket prices you saved a lot upfront. Now section below is 6k. At that moment in time row two in TC were availalbe on aisle, yet people bought row 11 in EW corner, they are over 40 rows back from field and paying $70 a game extra.

I think this is a "baiting game"

There are more deals happening than a Monte Hall show. Most Jets fans just waiting their turn picked their seats and dont read this site. They sold at least 60k seats and at best a few hundred people here and on JI even are talking about seat relocation.

Jets Great Hall Club is next to be reduced, no seats have been sold there. Those tickets should really be at best $295.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I went from $75 to $105. I guess that's around 50%

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Huh. The Giants sold 90% of their UD PSL's for $1000. Only the Prime were more and the Jets will not make the UD seats PSL's, they will increase the price of the ticket each year, we know that's coming and then we can tell Woody F U

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Don't be so sure. I bet those upper prime will be selling on stubhub anywhere from $90 to $150, and probably average about $110-115. Brokers who are in for the money will drop out and the Jets will more than likely just keep the prices as is (when they should really drop them to about $100)

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

It all depends on our record. My ticket price jumped from $75 to $95 which is a huge jump. If the Jets make it to another AFC Championship game or Super Bowl the ticket prices will probably increase but if we have a winning team I'm sure 95% of us will gladly pay the $5-$10 yearly increase because we are excited about a competitive team.

If Woody goes cheapo like he did in 2007 with Pete Kendall and then increases ticket prices after a 4-12 season you will start to see an exodus similar to what happened after the 2007 season into the 2008. 7,000 seats.s dropped but there were enough waitlist members to pick up those 7,000 seats.

For me I will probably be in the upper deck for the next 30 years as long as ticket prices don't go up more than $5 per year. Been going since I was 11 and I'm now 29. Made too many friends and as long as they keep going I will as well. If we continue to field a good team and we don't get cheap this will be a great team for the next 5-10 years and I won't complain too much about the lousier view or anything because I will give up my view for a Super Bowl.

12. 335r2

335r2 New Member

I called today and asked if anything in the lower mezz was available, specifically
    asking about sec 220a. The salesperson said there were 3 available in a low row
    so I told the salesperson to grab them... I was put on hold and wouldn't you know
    by the time the salesperson got back on the line the tickets were unavailable...

13. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

I do think there is something fishy going on here. I got my seats 10 days ago in Section 134 7-8 seats from the 15K section. I have not signed my contract yet. Does anyone know do you have a time limit to sign or can you keep them hanging? Thinking twice about the possibility of moving back upstairs in April or whenever because if you asked today I was told that the upper deck was completely sold out.

14. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Best seats today are section 117 jets side row 24 seats 5 and 6 in 7.5K section 4 seats from 15k PSLs. Much better angle that 220a and a good 20 rows forward. might be worth the 7k extra and seat is only five bucks more. if you sell somes mezz end zone vs a true sideline seat is a huge difference in secondary market.

16. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

I was told section 117 was sold out. WTF?????

17. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

Just one minute ago

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I just pm'd you how to get those seats.

19. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

thanks rojf. Unfortunately it did not work

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Sorry, since she refused to give last name guess gave them up to next caller. Keep trying. Jets give you almost two weeks to sign contract before they release your seats and re-sell them. There were tons of good seats the last two weeks and anyone who gets cold feet and changes mind they should become availalble.

I still can't beleive that all of section 117 has sold out. is 109 also sold out. That means people even bought the seats on aisle by 108 and 118 which means they paid an extra $1,500 to sit one seat over from a 6k seat!!

Howabout touchdown corners. Seats within four of aisle from row one to row 32 or so are pretty good too.