17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

Old upper deck 31 new upper deck 26 but the end zones are only 22 rows. The upper sidelines have that upper prime area of 4 rows the the end zones do not have. Figure the upper deck is now 11 rows higher and pushed back 11 rows or so. I'll be in row 15 in the new stadium which is probably row 26 in the old stadium. These are just guesses and no one will know for sure what it's really like until August for the first preseason game since I'm pretty certain the first home preseason game will be in front of a full house or least the people who have season tickets will be arriving to check out their new seats.

2. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

old stadium went to what 32 rows and actually started at 1. in the end zne its starts at row 5 but actually a couple of sections start row 8 and they end in row 26.so some sections are 13 rows less than the old stadium and some are 10 rows shorter. but yet still WAY higher

3. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I think this is a incorrect statement

I have front row UD prime seats & I did not have to purchase a PSL to obtain those seats

4. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

for some reason any statement that has BIL in it i disregard as nonsense.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

actually my bil was mad about that. But I actually asked my rep and my BILs rep if I could connect my UD seats to his when they called him and not wait till my date. Rep told me I could not do that but my BIL could buy two extra seats in his name for me if I trust him. Well I wanted them in my name, but that would have put me in 25 year season holder spots with one year senoirty which I thought was weird. Other thing is they let you add seats. So if I was one of lucky sobs who had chance to buy row one prime between 20's I would have bought as many seats as they let me. That is also why first 5,000 bests seats in UD went so quick

Also reps told me they are allowed to buy seats and some bought seats as investments but only best of best seats they could rent out. Why do you think noone got I know got a true row one in upper prime or Lower level. Good seats to sell

6. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the benefit of a PSL to me?

For years I had my seats and didn't have a PSL and every year I had my seats again.
    I got in an altercation one year and got put on probation (not my fault) and was warned I'd lose my seats. Owning a PSL does NOT protect against this.
    A PSL does not guarantee me THOSE seats for other events. So I don't REALLY OWN the seats (especially since some Giants fan also owns them).
    So what is the benefit other than the JETS and Giants getting us to help them make more money?

And speaking of sharing with the Giants. Shouldn't the PSLs REALLY be half the amount since two teams are using the stadium, hence twice the revenue? Nope, because what we really are doing is funding a stadium we TRULY DIDN'T NEED.

Again and again I'll say this: If we built a roof on the sucker, the JETS and Giants could have made more revenue from full year rentals for everything from conventions, music events, and other sporting events without fear of weather conditions. (I know we have some - but they could have had more. AND we could have gotten a Super Bowl, which there is NO WAY IN HELL is happening without a roof.

Someone accused us here as sending people to the NBA... At least they have the decency to just overprice their seats instead of trying to sell us crap (crap with an interest rate) and telling us we're getting roses. I'd have preferred them to just make my $100 seats $200 seats. At least I'd have an actual resale value. I can't sell my $125 ticket to someone for $200 because I have to factor in my PSL costs (plus PSL interest rates)

Screw the new stadium. Screw the dishonesty.

7. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

That's because they sold most of those seats to the brokers. Brokers who have been brokering since the early years so they officially have seniority. Screw Them.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

thanks 337 and 17a.

rojf you are pushing the limits of acceptable annoyance again. why is it that you have a hundred different stories and 200 different stituations that you are involved in? i really ahve a hard time believing most of the things you say at this point but dont feel like going back and making sure you are full of shit.

its a goddamn shame isnt it badmoo!

these douchebags are in the business of making money, they will do whatever they are allowed to do to make it. the problem is that there are people stupid enough to justify getting fucked out of tens of thousands of dollars, only when people decide NOT TO PAY these fucking scumbags will things change.

this is happening right now to a certain extent, however there are many people who still say oh well ill take it in the butt with no lube and a burlap condom because i can afford to do it.

9. Section341

Section341 New Member

+1

PSLs are handcuffs fans pay to put on themselves to buy tickets every year. Woody can increase the price any time by as much as he wants. This is for suckers. Pay thousands of dollars upfront or finance it and on top of it, you will lose the money if you don't pay whatever amount the Jets want for the tickets each year. Now, if they don't raise ticket prices for the next 20 years then I take this statement back.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Got it thanks for the advice. I will surely heed it in the future

11. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

12. JetsSec337Lot13B

Answer me. Are you the guy that was formerly Coors Light Cans?

13. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

rojf is so full of crap with his stories,dont even bother going back,he doesnt remember the tale he told us yesterday, It wont belong that he tells us he bought a psl, with his bil because as we all know, from his other posts, he has the money. and wifes okay... he just cant justify it..He gets must of his
    latest rumors from the Jets Insider website, from which he was banned.

14. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

From his ramblings, I don't believe he has a wife or children. No way.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is <20

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

You can't tell anything from that photoshop because the pics were taken at different parts of the field and at a different angle. You would have to get to pics taken from exactly the same place on the field and pointing at exactly the same angle

16. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

What's amazing to me is that by comparing a sideline view (which was probably taken from 70 yards or so away from the first row of seats) to an end zone shot (which was probably taken from 140 or so yards away) the upper deck in the new stadium is STILL clearly higher than the deck in the old stadium.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

fixed it for you

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

no it's not amazing, it's the angle. If you were looking head on at the old sidelines the upper deck would be way higher in the pic

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

We all know it's higher. I just don't believe the Jets statement that row 4 new stadium = row 31 old stadium. I'd say it's 10-13 rows difference.

20. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

???

The upper deck in a shot taken from 70 yards is going to look higher in comparison to that same upper deck shot from 140 yards. It's just how perspective works.

The fact that the new stadium still looks clearly higher despite being shot from twice distance indicates that if shot from comparable distances it would appear to me much higher.

#5320 fredmertz, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010