17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

PSL Nasty Stuff

Check this out I read that the PSL commission per section is not standardized. For instance in section 143 7.5K psl row one aisle close to the 15K psl pays the rep less commission than if they moved a seat in same section lets say towards back rows, non-aisle towards cheaper side. By giving a higher commission to shittier seats in a section it encourages reps not to just give out the 50% good seats and then for sales to grind to a halt.

Guess kinda like at a used car lot, triple commission to anyone who moves the Purple AMC Pacer with the stick shift!

2. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I feel bad for anyone coming here looking for PSL advice-

You guys would talk him into being a WNBA fan.

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I am pro-psl. Just pointing out they work on commission and it is quite evident they did not give out all good seats at once. People brand new are getting good seats. On JI some guy said he bought 220a row 4 just this morning. Yet when back in October when I bought my UD tickets those types of seats were "sold out"

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I was not directing that toward you, just a general statement.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I don't understand the logic. Sell them later, sell them now, same sale. If anything the time value of money theory says they would have been better off selling them to you last year than to someone new, now. A rep on the phone working on a commission basis would be happy to sell any PSL.

Are you saying they knew they might not sell them all, so they dished out the worst first to have a better shot at selling out? I don't know about that.

However, I do believe there was some trickery regarding the coveted PSL-free Upper Primes. The only one we (on this board) know of who got seats in that area was ChampionJets69 and even he (no offense sir) didn't get a great yard line spot in those seats. I couldn't get near them with my '79 seniority. I actually thought I had a shot - no way.

So, in that regard I am a believer that everything has not been "above board" so you may be on to something.

6. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

I agree with you there. It's aggervating but what can you do about it? Unfortunately, you can't trust anyone.

7. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Upper Prime were given as gifts to early PSL purchasers. My BIL who has tickets 25 years plus was concerned he could not get into UD at first, ha ha. They actually told him if he bought a PSL now they would give him UDs now so he could jump the line.

Those UD seats in center prime went to long time jet fans who bought PSLs to rent and UDs to sit in.

My BIL now regrets he did not do same.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

Are you Coors Light Cans?

9. JetsSec337Lot13B

I've walked onto the field in both stadiums. The Giant Stadium ramp is much steeper and below field level. The new stadium there isn't a ramp or not much of one at all. When I've looked at pictures I've taken from the field to the upper deck at both stadiums here is what I noticed.

Lower lever is slightly steeper but not much. Old stadium had 1 level of luxury suites in the mezanine now they have 2 levels. The extra level accounts for I'd say 10 rows higher? I think the biggest issue will be the distance from the field since the upper deck is definitely pushed back much further.

When I have some time I will try to upload pics from the field to the upper deck in both stadiums.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

OK, but your BIL has less seniority than I do meaning I selected seats first.

When it was my turn to purchase tickets a year ago, it was basically "what do you want", I asked for Upper Prime, I was told "they're gone" and from there I chose other seats, resisting their nudge towards PSL seats. They never made the slightest hint that I might get the Upper Primes I sought by also getting PSL seats. I have six seats, and the prospect of splitting 2 PSL, 4 Non, or whatever combo - was an option. If the rep said, "there are only a few left, would you like to pair them with two PSL seats?" I would have gotten the hint an considered it. Nothing like that happened.

I'm not saying your story isn't true, but it's hard for me to fathom based on my own experience. The only possibility might have been that they based their "wink winks" on what was stated on that preference form we filled out. I didn't not have PSL seats ranked first. Then again, if they were selling a PSL they would not need to "throw in" Upper Primes as a thank you.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

[​IMG]

Not very good with photoshop but looks like a 10 row height differential.

#5291 JetsSec337Lot13B, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

looks like it doesnt push up too much, but looks like alot less rows. then again its tough to judge from 2 pics photoshopped together. i would say the pic on the left looks alot closer than the one on the right.

13. NewStadiumSec101

NewStadiumSec101 New Member

Jets Rep called me today and tried to talk me out of sec101 EZ into the corner psls that were recently reduced. The guy claimed I'd be watching the entire game through the field goal screen and I should move. Then he tried to convince me I would be saving money by moving from 101 into higher psl/higher tkt price seats. These guys lose all credibility with bs like this.

Also, 17a - thanks for your efforts bro.

14. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

101 you should have asked what seats are left in new section also 227 how long do you have tickets?

if good seats left that is bad sign

15. JetsSec337Lot13B

Yea one is taken from the 25 yard line or so the other is taken in one end zone looking toward the other. I will try to just load up both pics but take myself out so the Jets don't know who I am.

16. alleycat9

hehe you arent the only one scared of the jets knowing who you are and holding it against you. :)

its still a very cool way to look at the 2 stadiums, the first picture i have seen of them photoshopped next to eachother.

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

PM me if you want more info

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

Figure the lower and mez A are similar in height to old stadium maybe slightly higher and both stadiums have 1 level of suites. Now new stadium has 2 levels and a mez B in the end zone but part of upper prime laps into the mez B if you look carefully. Assuming Mez B is 15 rows or so and a 4 row overlap of upper primes the new stadium is 11 rows higher than the old stadium height wise. Being pushed back will be more of an issue. People I know who sat up there say it's not that bad and they felt it was a 10-13 row differential which is similar to what I noticed based on my obervation on the picture. Any other thoughts?

20. alleycat9

i would love to know the difference in how far it is pushed back. i think those of you saying that will be a bigger issue are probably correct but would love to see the numbers or even estimates of each from people who have been in both.

it really is amazing looking at the pictures and seeing how many more rows it looks like the old upper deck had than the new.

i am scared to even ask what happened that made you worried enough to take yourself out of the pics!