17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/31/sports/football/31stadium.html

#5261 CT. Jets Fan, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  2. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Good point. In all my years going, this will be the first time all six of us will be together (I took a chance and did three behind three - two rows) I'd never find anything like that anywhere else. Also, no matter how they've "discounted" PSL sections, had I been in the market for any PSL seat, I had much better choices a year ago than I would now.

If I only wanted two seats, the PSL choice for me last year would be Mezzanine EZ, in the first row covered by an overhang roof. I think it's unconscionable that there are so few "sheltered" seats in this stadium, PSL or otherwise. It's a step backwards in stadium design. OK in a Florida Stadium, but certainly not here. That pisses me off more than the retractable roof debate.

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I totally agree with this statement.

4. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

For some reason stadium architects think that fans don't want overhangs, which is a really stupid assumption. At New Yankee Stadium the upper grandstand is way far back because they didn't want to overhang on the terrace seats. I bet you they could charge even more for the Terrace seats if they did have that protection from the rain and sun. At the Meadowlands its an even bigger deal with all the cold rainy games mid to late season

5. Section 227. Row 5

I think the argument is (at least this is the reasoning that's been posted here) is that they're afraid of collapsing or "pancaking" overhangs. And if you had pillars or piers supporint the outside edges, it would block the view of some.

I still think it's possible to have pillars and still design the seating in such a way that the pillars don't interfere with the sightlines. Put the pillars halfway out and place them at or near the tunnels. People on either side of the tunnel would still have a view.

I still think it's spread out this way because it better accomodates their cockamamie lounges, restaurants and shops. They build it around those revenue-producers and the hell with how far the fan is from the field.

The jerkoff who I spoke to on the phone the other day (sorry... I don't call them "reps") was trying to sell me my old Mezz area... 7,500 for the PSL (that hasn't changed, so to me, for my four seats, I was looking t $30,000) and "only" $245 for the ticket (it was $400). I told him I looked at that right off the bat and might have gone for them way back then, but now my seat selection would be far worse, so no fucking thank you. And I said to him, "it isn't even under cover, like my old seats were."

The jerkoff's reply was, "Well, you don't need any cover. If it starts to rain, you just go to the back of your section and go into the lounge." Go into the lounge? Are you fucking kidding? I told the little jerkoff that I don't want to watch a game from a fucking lounge... 7,000 people crowed into a lounge with no view, so you're go9ing to watch it on TV? Fuck that. You might as well go home. And all that for $30,000 and $1,000 per game ($250X4).

Are they nuts or what? "Go to the back of my section and go inside the lounge." What a fucking jerkoff.

6. LogeSection2RowJ

and you nailed that one...

Someone else here mentioned baseball, but it's different. In baseball, an overhang can keep you from seeing a flyball, or at least a pop-up. Ask anyone who sat in a Shea loge or Mezzanine deep row. Not only that, it's a different climate. I enjoy getting some sun at a baseball game. I come home with a slight sunburn and I'm happy. This is FAR different.

My seats (as yours were) were protected, and tell me that didn't matter at 08's Denver game. It also cuts the wind.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

At the super bowl I was WAY UP in the end zone upper at first I was thinking ,damn this is how high it will be for my new seats in row 10 of the new stadium.but you know what'the uppers was party city .all the real fans where upstairs and the corporate assholes where field level and the celebrities where in the club boxes of the 200's.

We will rock that Pepsi corner

8. Section 227. Row 5

We all figured you rocked that SB, dude. Welcome home. Too bad we couldn't have done that gig together with the Jets kicking ass. A healthy Leon and Shonn and Kris and we run all over their asses.

Yes, Pepsi Corner Party Crew rocks. We do this in August. Get ready.

9. fredmertz

fredmertz New Member

Yeah! Corporate assholes! Yeah, baby. Anyone who has the balls to work for a COMPANY has to be an asshole. Let's stone them all. Yeah! Anyone who makes 6 figures couldnt be a real football fan! Yeah. Assholes. All of them. Yeah!

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Nice try, guy who gets corporate seats regularly.

11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

you have to admit 90% of these people are douchebags.

12. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i kept checking all around the stadium just taking in the atmosphere and to no one's surprise, us in the uppers,all around the bowl where standing pretty much the whole 1st and 4th quarters.downstairs nothing.

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Fireman Ed

Latest news is he moved to Section 143 Row 2? I bet he is by section 142 on aisle. Hard to do cheer in middle of row. He could be on side by 144 but with his senority why would he buy one seat over from lower priced section.

Funny part is he used to be in Section 146. My news is a week old so maybe he moved again.

This stadium is like musical chairs.

They should just give Fireman Ed a free seat in the Coaches Club, those corporate types in their monkey suits could use a clown in their section to entertain them when it gets a little boring.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

You sir are a retard.

15. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Love the new av BTW.

16. ozu

ozu New Member

Super Bowl is a different crowd than a typical in-season game. Standing in the lowers was 100% standard for 3/4 of the game this season, at least in my section.

jets134.com/images/12830.jpg

(Still can't post links)

17. JetsSec337Lot13B

I heard a retractable roof would cost $400 million. I figured 82,500 fans for Jets and 82,500 fan for Giants based on the seating for the new stadium. If you dividided the cost of the roof by 165,000 would be $2,424.24 per person. If I was sent a letter with this breakdown regardless of where I said I probably would have paid it for a roof or even just simple fan protection like the Cowboys old stadium had.

Let's say they had a Super Bowl and some other events could generate $150 million. So $250 million left divided by 165,000 fans is $1,515.15 per seat. I would have gladly paid $1500 to have a covered seat for the next 30 years of season tickets no question. Just another dumb move by management.

18. JetsSec337Lot13B

Funny part is my season tickets in the grandstand are covered. In baseball at least they have rain delays but that Yankees Boston game last May with the 2.5 hour rain delay I laughed that I was covered while the corporates down low were not.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

Field Level, Old and New

Guys, continuing our discussion about how my "rep" tried to get me to consider moving down for "discount" PSL seats by telling me that the new stadium upper deck row 4 is the same height as the top of the previous one, check out this link:

http://www.nj.com/sports/

It's a video on NJ.com (On the sports page, right side under "video") that shows the start of the Giants Stadium demolition. If you look closely, at 1:00 into the video you can see a Meadowlands cart at the top of an access ramp to the old stadium. From that view, you get a good idea of how far beneath street level field level was, since you can see the field in the background. (I screen captured a still frame of it, but do not know how to post it here. My seniority level isn't high enough I think.)

Since the field level in the new place is not sunken, I'm guessing from the video that it's about 10 ft, perhaps 12 ft more "higher" than the "old" stadium. Looks like street level is the first few rows of current Giants Stadium, and I'd bet in the new stadium the differential is about 9 rows though I hope it is 10-13 rows as you mentioned above.

Thoughts?

#5279 LogeSection2RowJ, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

http://videos.nj.com/star-ledger/2010/02/video_of_giants_stadium_demoli_1.html