17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. JetsSec337Lot13B

I used to sit in row 7 a few sits in from the aisle in section 337. Was great with leaving the game and only a few stairs to walk on but I hated asking people to get up to use bathroom etc. This time I'm a few rows up because of the relocation. I could have had row 12 or 13 a few seats off the aisle but I wanted to be on the aisle and not have to ask someone to get up when I need to move. Plus now I don't have to worry about someone overweight next to me since I'm on the aisle.

2. JetsSec337Lot13B

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

looking forward to that too.

4. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

5. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Im not one of those guys, might get up once to go to the bathroom during timeouts, but usually im in my seat for 3 hours

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Then you won't be asking me to move.

I am usually in my seat the whole game too.

7. jetman6402

jetman6402 New Member

I would like to thank Section 227 row 5 for posting pictures from inside the stadium. I got tickets in Section 134 row 19 and the picture he posted was almost dead on to where my seats are. Thanks for the great shot.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

gotcha, i had thought it was special seating.

i couldnt grasp sitting there. they were talking about how close you are to the action... yeah the sideline action and all you can do is smell football players protein shake farts.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

This was not my shot, but thank you anyway. I merely re-posted someone else's shot to help explain some things. Glad you got a view from your new section though. See you this fall:

[​IMG]

10. jetswin

jetswin New Member

lol, I thought I recognized that shot...yes you are right, aside from the row, it is row 23, I was trying to approximate my current seats with the new stadium (I'm actually on the other side in the sun currently). I decided to go into the mezz section though but this view is terrific.

11. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

That's insane. Its just for the seats as per the StubHUb language at the top, but that could be up to the seller I guess.

I want to know is it $6300 each or $6300 for the pair. Either way, its insane.

Looks like the same old BS though. Lots of STH not going to games and selling their tix to the highest bidder.

At least I know my TGG brethren will be rocking the Pepsi Corner with me..

14. GordonGecko

It's each (with no playoff rights), you can ask for whatever you want doesn't mean someone will pay it. But every once in a while a trust fund baby hits the buy button and you win the lottery so might as well aim for the sky

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Latest Sales Pitch

I'm a long-timer, back from Shea days who opted for upper deck seats primarily because I wanted to keep all six seats in my account, so six psl's wasn't remotely an option. They probably wouldn't have been anyway, not when my season tix were $72 per seat per SEASON when I started.

I took six dead-center EZ 301 right between the uprights above the crossbar in row 9. That section starts with row 5, and I wanted to be as low as I could in the cheapest seats. Not sure if that was the best decision since I could have had the 25 or 30 yard line, but the EZ view doesn't bother me. Row 9 is better than row 18 I suppose. We'll see. I do have my doubts.

Been reading here about the rep calls, and finally got one. The guy was pleasant enough as he asked if I knew about their reduced-price of the goal line lower section PSL's, which I did, then he asked if I'd like the tour which would include a visit to my seats in 301. While I knew I could have taken the tour months ago and opted not to, this time I figured I may as well because the stadium is finished enough to visit the upper deck and I am curious about 301. OK, so the call is going fine, and when he asks if I considered PSL seats I explain that in order to keep my 6 seats I really had no choice. I'd have to carry five of the six PSL's. Then the rep asks "are these for personal use, or business?" (I guess they have a pitch ready that promotes write-offs, biz expense, etc.) Dead end for him. Then he says the line that pisses me off...

"Are you aware that row 4 of the current upper deck is the height equivalent of the top row in the previous one?"

What a shitty thing to say to someone who buys six season tickets from the Jets for years and years. I mean, that certainly wasn't mentioned a year or two ago when they were saying what a state of the art, best stadium in the NFL, etc etc. I know the uppers are higher in the new stadium having read this thread all year and seeing the size of the stadium next to the old one. (Actually, the field level is not sunk low as was the case before, so a little of that height difference is made up... I pray)

It took a few minutes for his remark to sink in, but what I wished I had said was "No sir, I didn't realize the upper deck seats were that bad. No one mentioned that last March when I paid the deposit for these. Cancel my account and refund my 3K." Now, I wouldn't cancel my account without trying out the seats for one year anyway, but I should have said that to hear his reaction. I hope some of you reading this do that. Perhaps some of you have already.

Not sure if I want the tour now. I have a feeling they make it as uncomfortable as they can getting you upstairs, so you'll think your new seats suck and you'll reconsider. Have any tour takers experienced this? He even mentioned that the escalators and elevators will probably not be on, so "be prepared to take stairs, and walk about a mile or so on the tour"

I figure the seats in row 301 will seem better for the first time in August - when the upper deck is full and I have 15 rows or so behind me.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I live in Mass so I'm not driving down to do the tour but if they're being as "dirty" in their manners as you say, than you are more than likely correct.

They're trying their darnedest to sell those PSLs.

17. GordonGecko

Loge that really stinks, all those years of loyalty for this. Not cool.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

It's unconscionable that the "reps" are now trying to sell their cockamamie PSLs by knocking the seating they just sold us. This is like a car salesman calling you up and telling you that you should trade up to a better model because the car he sold you only months ago is a piece of shit.

We all have to bear in mind that these people are not at all "representatives" in the true sense of the word. A representative represents a company and is ueually charged with presenting a positive image of their company.

Everyone should remember that the vermin manning the phones and shotgunning out the emails are simply temporary sales halp. Think of them as SlapChop salesmen working solely on commission and only out for themselves in that regard. They are not your firend, your buddy or your "representative" any more than a Kirby vacuum cleaner salesman is your buddy who shows up at your door trying to sell you a $5,000 vacuum. They're not "representing" anything except their own wallets. Half of the people I've talked to aren't even with the company any longer... they've moved on to greener pastures, like selling vacation land in some mosquito-infested swamp in the middle of Arkansas.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

We have seen some pictures from the upper deck. It doesn't look so terrible I've heard it's about a 10-13 row differential from people who have sat up there already so row 9 would be like row 19 or so. Everyone who has sat up there has said it wasn't too terrible. I don't really think it's so terrible up there. Only bad thing is row 8 on the sidelines have the handicap bars in the way.

The most important thing is if you're like the rest of us one of the major reasons you go is to be with your friends and family and to have a good time. The view won't be great but if you're around everyone you want to be around who cares? These reps get a lousy commission for a upper deck sale. The Jets are trying to sell as many PSLs and hope new people will try the upper deck for a year.

I took the tour a while ago when I couldn't go to the upper deck but saw the club seats and all. There are some stairs to walk and all since the elevators aren't working.

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Re - "Are you aware that row 4 of the current upper deck is the height equivalent of the top row in the previous one?"

Is that even a true statement? In lower goal line there are very little good seats left. And those are twos and threes. In order to get six together he is putting you in row 3-36 in the middle towards cheaper side and charging you 45K. It is insane to ask someone to move from any good UD seat to a so so LGL seat.

Like the last section they reduced it was only worth making the jump the first day or two. I still wonder who bought a EW club corner in the last few row towards 4K mezz seat right below the $95 dollar UZ EZ corners. Maybe up against rail towards better side but comeone now. With a $50 dollar PSL fee on top of a $195 ticket who is buying that. And unlike the guy who is sitting between row 10-20 betwen the tens on the sideline you won't even enjoy the view. But hey they have good snacks up there in the club.

Tell the SOB you will take six seats row one on aisle in 7.5k sectin by 15K section with no money down under a fake name and address.