17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227 they should have used airline pricing. Everybody wants to sit in best 1/3 of seats in a section. I think aisles should have been extra and ticket prices and psls should fall a bit each row you move back from field.

That is why Jets will have a lot of trouble selling last 20% of tickets.

Scalpers did buy some PSLs I see them on-line. Scalpers somehow got lots of sideline UD seats, much more of them.

Row 1-10 on aisle closest to higher priced sections are only seats you have a chance of breaking even in bad season, 4k EZ mezz seats on asile by club seats, 5K ez seats on aisle by 6k seats and 7.5K seats on aisle by 15K seats with a PSL.

All row 20 and below seats between the 20 yard lines in UD are gold, best is the $105 seats right behind $125 seats.

Bottom like all Mezz EZ second tier seats other than the very first few rows are garbage are going to be very hard to sell. My cousin and other friends have $95 dollar seats right above it and will sell at face, plenty of people on fan sites sell those seats at face.

The Mezz EZ seat is 120 a seat and with a 45 PSL fee per seat you have to sell it ofr 165 to break even. No one is paying $130 extra to go from row 5 UD EZ to back of Mezz unless it is pouring out and they need cover.

PSLs are an extremely illuiqid asset, you have to assume you are throwing your money down the drain. However, someone who got a 7.5K section 143, row one on aisle PSL right by 15K section with a 125 ticket price can always sell his season tickets for a profit if he can't make it.

However, in same section the guy in row 35 off aisle towards 144 paid same price and locked in selling his seats at a loss.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I disagree with this. I can't imagine ANYONE with a PSL ever being able to sell his tickets for a profit... just my opinion. You MUST factor in the cost of the PSL in order to claim they are being "sold at a profit." MAYBE the first 5 rows or so, MAYBE.

Doing the math, it seems impossible in any PSL section to totally cover the costs... I just don't think the market will bear all those costs. Oh yeah, sure, a final game of the season against the Pats, where we're head-to-head for a playoff birth or something kike that... okay. But to say that these things can be sold at a profit when you take the entire season (including worthless preseason garbage that will only add to your overall average cost per REAL game) into consideration, plus the PSL, it just doesn't add up.

The only seats in the house which I would say have a fairly good chance of consistently selling at a profit would be Champ's seats, for example. First Row Uppers. No PSL anchor and no high ticket price. Those seats will reap a profit, if that's what you are trying to accomplish, but if I owned them I'd be at every game. What a view it's gpong to be from those seats, and for only $125!

3. ozu

ozu New Member

I'm pretty glad that the thousands of ticket brokers who only held onto Jets season ticket accounts because they could sell their between-the-30s seats for a slight profit no longer see the value in keeping those seats.

It means more actual fans sitting in those seats versus some StubHub Pats/Phins fan.

4. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, that's a pretty good point. It's no longer profitable for them to own those tickets. Woody priced them out.... probably the one good thing that came of Woody pricing this crap through the roof.

I just wish there had been a way to segregate the fans who use their tix and actually go to games from the scalpers. It's a bitch that the baby got thrown out with the bathwater. The long-time family game-goer got priced out along with the asshole who owns 24 seats and lives in Denver.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227, I agree 99% of seats can't be sold at a profit with a PSL. I also agree you will lose at least 90% of your PSL investment.

However, last year I sold my Mezz seats for a loss, but my row one sideline tickets I put all eight regular games for sale individually at high prices on stubhub. After two months I sold four and then I went to four. It is all about location and luck.

I was willing to skip Pats or Dolphins or buy cheapest corner UD seat and go. If someone is willing to do that it may work out. But remember only good seats. Also remember, I am talking loss mitigation strategy. If a pair of LL Goal Line goes for 250 for tickets plus 120 for PSL you need to sell them for $370 to break even. You have to have very good seats, first few rows on aisle and be willing to sell opening day and Pats and Dolphins. Even those good games you only will walk away with $400 a pair after fees. Plus you ate over $700 loss on preseason.

Bottom line most PSL owners with good seats will be sitting with friends in Upper Deck for every big game. They will only enjoy that view in preseason and at Bills games in the rain. Most PSL owners with bad seats will be sitting in them cause no one is paying you $200 a ticket to sit in Mezz EZ when UD EZ right above it is $100.

This is no different then buying a Hampton house thinking you can enjoy Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor day but in the end you have to rent those three weeks out to help cover the cost so you end up sitting at home anyhow.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

If the ticket prices are lower than the secondary market, the PSL price is a non-factor because it actually has value and can be resold at or above IPO. To make it worth while though your margins have to be greater that your opportunity cost if you pay upfront or more than the interest if you finance. I really don't see how this can happen at $125/ticket that will probably sell for $100 on stubhub, and that's after a ~$200 loss from the pre-season games

7. rcali2524

rcali2524 New Member

Little help still deciding on what seats i want. As of right now i have 4 in section 248 row 12. but i just got offered some lower level seats 109 row 24 and 108 row 24. In your opinion what seats would be better and why?

8. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

On that side of field there is no walkway blocking view like Jets side so row 24 is good.

Better seat is which ever seat is closest to aisle next to higher price section.

An aisle seat in the 108 6k section right next to 109 7.5K is great

An Aisle seat in 109 7.5k section right next to 15K 110 section is great

If not aisle as close as aisle as possible to shift more towards 10 yard line.

If the seats are towards the cheaper section don't bother, who wants row 24 in section 109 for 7.5k one seat from the 6K seats. Or 6k seat one seat over from 5k seats.

9. ozu

ozu New Member

I'm going to venture a guess and say that most STHs don't look to sell their seats as a first option.

Seriously, what sense does it make to buy season tickets if you're only going to use them for the "undesirable" games? If someone is that worried about recouping the $100 they'd get from playing musical chairs on StubHub, maybe they shouldn't be spending their money on football tickets in the first place. Just a thought.

The people I know only sell seats when they absolutely can't make a game. Otherwise they're there every week.

#5189 ozu, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  10. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Well I guess time will tell. Out of the 15 different STHs I know personally (meaning 15 accounts), only 1 has purchased a PSL so far. The rest of the lot either moved upstairs or is fed up and has moved on to the living room.

We all have good income and could easily pay for the PSL.

Again, we will see. Not sure I believe it though.

11. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

No offense but,

how long have you been going to games and how long have you been a STH?

12. ozu

ozu New Member

Buying full seasons for 6 years. In my name for 1.

I've never bought a season only to see how much I can get for the Pats/Dolphins tickets.

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I have never sold any of my tix but once when my wife was expecting son # 2. I drive 7 hours round trip for every REGULAR SEASON home game.

You have to admit though that with the ABUNDANCE of tix available on ebay and stubhub for every home game that quite a few STHs sell their tix almost every game.

I still cannot imagine that the lower bowl is going to have a lot of new fans that are going to be bred from a different cloth than the rest of us.

14. ozu

ozu New Member

A good number (majority?) of those tickets on eBay and StubHub have been the result of ticket brokers controlling thousands of sideline seats for the past 20 years, all of them automatically marked for resale on the secondary market. I'd like to think that with brokers essentially leaving the LL and Mezz sections, that resale of those seats will drop drastically. I could be wrong on the severity of the problem but it definitely existed.
    I don't think it's entirely new fans. Lots are just recent STHs that have no interest in sitting in the upper deck.

This was my reasoning... I was on the wait list for 8 years and finally got to buy a season (in my name) this year. If the new stadium hadn't been built, I'd be relegated to the nosebleed endzone seats in Giants Stadium and gradually, over the years, get to move my way to the lower level and towards the sidelines where I wanted to be. If given the opportunity to skip all those years (15-20) of waiting for the seats I wanted, for $10k, I would have done it. And that's in Giants Stadium.

#5194 ozu, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  15. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I sold 32 tickets last year. What craziness, 18 at face, 6 at a loss and 8 at a gain. I had four seats in my name and could only use 8 tickets.

Preseason was a wipe out, most sold at face and I made a lot of Pats and Dolphins.

All I learned was location is important and Woody makes you buy two pre-season games that are worthless to make up for selling you Pats and Dolphins at half price. Next year what is the crime if I sell two best games to make up for two preseason games. That is how system is set up.

No regular season football game is worth more than $200 a seat.

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

ozu I am with you. Jets tried to shove m e in UD EZs row 20-31 in 2008 and I said no and then bought in 2009 downstairs.

You are paying a fee upfront to skip 20 years of crappy seats. It is like bribing the usher to move down front.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Ugh-

ghost face filla

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

19. Section 227. Row 5

I'm sorry, but that's just too close for me. On the surface, the seats sound wonderful.

Then you sit in them and it's like "WTF? I can't see 80% of the plays!"

[​IMG]

20. ozu

ozu New Member

I agree. Great to experience for a game or so but I would want something with a little more elevation for my permanent seats. Anything inside the opposite 30 you're watching on the video screens. I'd rather have rows 15-25 than row 5.