17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You know, sounds crazy, but I really don't mind the "318ish" too much. Not a bad overall view of the field.

2. ozu

ozu New Member

Thanks for image links. They're not terrible in that you get a very good view of the play developing but I think not being able to make out things like jersey numbers is just too much of a drawback. You sit up there and eventually you'll start bringing binoculars and earphones with ESPN Radio broadcasting the game.

3. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

9 out of 10 times, without seeing jersey numbers, you can tell who is in the play before the play starts.

I moved from 328 to 346 so I may be in for a rude awakening but at least I'm not sucked in for the next umpteen years...

4. Section 227. Row 5

This is just about my row in the Uppers, but I'm away from the corner and more on the sideline toward the 50... like around the 20YL or so.

I think I'm going to be fine with this. My grandkids are already wearing green and white and getting ready...

[​IMG]

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

227 CAN YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TELL ME WHAT SECTION THIS PIC was taken from???? I am trying to get an idea of my view--thanks
    ps any idea what row?

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

It helps if you open your eyes

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

346 will be a LOT of fun. A lot of my crew from 337 is moving to 346 and we're pretty loud and know how to have a good time and cheer.

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

Looking at this pic I think it was taken from row 16 or so. If you are in row 11 or 12 I guess on the aisle there what an awful obstruction from those rails over the entrance to the section. I also saw on JI pics from section 312 row 8. Great view but horrible obstruction from the rails.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, CBG, I can say with certainty that the following pic is taken from the "Metlife Corner," probably Section 320, Row 16 or so. The photographer is the NE corner, looking toward the SW corner and the visitor's side of the field. My seats are visible at about the 20YL in the Uppers across the field.

It appears to be a morning shot, as the sun is still rising in the east over the photographer's left shoulder. The sun will arc to the left and eventually wind up, basivcally, in the eyes of the photographer as it sets in the west or SW.

To make it easier to orient yourself, take a look at the pics compared to the seating chart below the pic:

[​IMG]

Seating chart:

[​IMG]

The pic below was also taken in the morning, but the shooter has come downstairs and appears to be in Section 134 now, possibly Row 16 or so. He's in the "Verizon Corner" now (the SE corner), shooting towards the Jets bench to the north. The sun is still rising to his right, and will arc to his back, eventually shining right in the faces of everyone on the Jets side of the field. Section 134 will probably never have sunlight on it. It's going to be one of those sections like the one I'm leaving, destined to be in the shade forever. That is real nice for those hot summer games, preseason and September games, but they're cold as hell in the late fall and winter.

[​IMG]

10. that ahole

that ahole New Member

I just got another call from a Jet rep asking if I have reconsidered the new opportunity to upgrade my seats to a PSL. I will be in UD 301 (end zone) and all the way up near that wall / photographer well. I've taken the tour and realize that it's a hell of a distance. In fact from my seats I can actually see the NY skyline (and the field does look like I'm seeing it from a satellite). But I would still prefer to sit there rather than pay a PSL and stated that clearly to the rep (Matt I believe). This smarmy prick replies "of course you know that your seats are 19 rows outside of the old stadium". So the sales pitch is that the seats they sold me suck so much that my only alternative is to pay their price and move.

11. ozu

ozu New Member

One change in that the 134 pic was taken from about row 23. The plexiglass that you see above the tunnel entrance below and to the left lines up with row 12/13.

12. Section 227. Row 5

Is it my imagination or is the Upper Deck "steeper," meaning sloped more than the Lower Deck? That Lower Deck sure looks spread out (pancaked). How is that going to work out when somebody stands up in front of you?

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Just got a VM from a rep. Same thing, I can move down for no $$ down, blah, blah, blah.

14. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

If its 320, that's good for me for now. I'm 346, seat 1 so I'm in almost the exact same spot on the other side of the field. If that's close to my view and I don't have to pay the PSL, I'll take it.

15. ozu

ozu New Member

Upper deck has to have a higher slope in order to see the field, otherwise you'd be looking down at the rows in front of you and the far side of the field.

And unless the person in front of you is 7' tall, I don't foresee it being an issue. Lots of people stand in the lower levels, especially on defense. If someone doesn't like getting out of their seat, has small children they plan on bringing, or are one of the dreaded "Down in front!" types, I would highly encourage them to avoid the lower bowls. The last game of the regular season I think my entire section sat for maybe three series of the game. It ruled.

16. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I can see my seat. hahaha.

17. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Sorry Ozu but you have a different breed of Jets fan sitting down there now.

Make sure you bring your cappuccinos for the game..

18. ozu

ozu New Member

I don't buy the argument of someone with a decent amount of disposable income to spend on a football team being a less enthusiastic fan.

Clubs seats, sure, because those are likely going to corporations that don't want to buy a suite, but your average PSL buyer is still a huge Jets fan.

19. Section 227. Row 5

If professional sales shills like these "reps" are having such difficulty moving this crap, with all they have at their disposal and going for them right now (financing plans, ability to move people at will, STHer lists with email addresses and phone numbers, a winning season with playoff hopes for next season, etc), how the hell is anybody going to be able to sell these things on their own next March if they have to?

Seriously, I wonder how many purchasers of this shit have given any thought whatsoever to what will happen if they run into a situation in which they have to unload... (job transfer, illness, divorce, financial hardship, etc). The reps have an awful lot going for them right now (in fact, they have it all going for them right now), yet it seems like even these "professionals" with all these tools are really struggling to get this crap sold at these prices. What chance does a regular Joe have of even breaking even if circumstances change and he has to sell? Imagine a Jets world in which Sanchez goes down with an ACL and a few other key injuries and the team goes 3-13 and you need to sell your PSL. You've got a losing season, no financing plan for the buyer, crappy seats in some high-row PSL corner somewhere and the PSL and ticket price is the same as the guy in the front row is paying. How the hell are you going to be able to sell this thing?

It just seems to me that many guys have given in to impulse buying, without any thought as to what the hell happens if his situation changes. And you know it will, sure as hell... it's called life.

20. Section 227. Row 5

Yes, you are close to this view and diagonally opposite. It gets better. On a sunny day in the dead of winter, your seats will be warmed up for you by the time you arrive. The concrete around your seat will be warmed up too, and the whole corner should be warmer than where the photographer is standing, for example. By game time, the sun will continue moving to your right and eventually start to set off your right shoulder and disappear below the top row of the stadium, but it will never be in your face at game time to interrupt your vision.

When the game is over, you'll be able to get out quickly and head for the major parking areas to the south easily and get out onto Rte 3 West to the Parkway or Rte 3 East to the TNPK. You'll be on the highway before many other people are even out of the parking lot nightmare of a maze on the north side.