GIANTS to open new stadium!? HOW?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

While watching Free Willy aka Tank on TV, it was just said that the GIANTS would be playing the BEARS on Sunday Night to open the stadium.

Seems as though he purposely leaked it to be a dick and said it at least 3 times in a row on TV.

Let's say It's true.

Look at how many times we've opened a season @ home?
    How about that we, aorn, are the better team in NY and earned the game?

Sure, It's no big deal but at the same time, we really should be opening the stadium.

[​IMG]

2. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Eh at least we'll get the first playoff win there

3. Royal Tee

I understand but I'm just curious on how they determine who gets the 1st game....

[​IMG]

4. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

That's what I'm going to wait for until I get upset. If it was a coinflip or something and we lost, I won't get upset. But if somehow the Giants claimed rights to the first game or something similar, then I will be pissed

5. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

It was the Giants who started building the stadium first and Woody jumped in after the WSS died. I'm sure Mara wants the first game. Who really cares??? It's not that important. The Jets will still get 8 home games and will most likely close the new stadium at the end of 2011 with a playoff game or two while the Giants are playing golf. Relax.

On the other hand, couldn't the NFL get a better Sunday night opener than two non-playoff teams?????

6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It's shouldn't be a big deal to us Jets fans, but at the same time it really is a big deal to most of us. It adds to the feelings of being the little brother to the Giants.
    The Jets were screwed being the tenant for all these years. Now that the new stadium will be a true 50/50 shared stadium, the team with the better record the previous year should get the Week 1 home game or at least let that team choose. Who knows maybe if given the choice the Jets would for some reason prefer to start Week 1 on the road.

I'm for one of these options-
    team with better record in prior season gets the choice to play at home in Week 1 of following season
    OR
    just rotate the thing- Giants at home in Week 1 in even-numbered years, Jets at home in odd-numbered years

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

NBC is going to get a big rating with a Chicago-New York Week 1 game. I betcha Chicago's going to be a good team, too.

8. Royal Tee

They should mke it so that the winner of the pre-seaon game gets week 1.

I know, it's virtually impossible from a logistical standpoint but it can be done!
    Have them Play week 3 in the Stadium, which of course it is now OUR TURN TO GET THE PRE GAME, and the winner get's game 1.

the only swaps needed are between the 1st 2 weeks of the season.

We can dream...

[​IMG]

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

ok let me look at this. I heard that fat shit talk about this.

But he was just throwing it out there.

For the Thursday night game how does the Saints vs Steelers sound?

Then on Sunday night they should have the Giants opening the stadium against the bears? How does that sound?

the asshole is just blowing hot air right now i think

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

They should have let the Giants close out Giants Stadium and let the Jets open the new stadium.

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

fatty is in hell

his best friend shockey finally got a ring(that he was apart of).

he can stop talking about the great colts. i've always liked the colts but his constant praising of them got so annoying.

but the fatty will just find a way to spin it in a negative way for the jets.

12. IATA

IATA Trolls

It should be Jets vs Giants.

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

It sounded like hot air, but in the past he usually would get proven right when he has talked about future games two or three months prior to the schedules being announced in April.
    The Thursday night opener is going to be in New Orleans. There are only four possibilities- Falcons, Panthers, Vikings, or Steelers. The Saints other home opponents are the Browns, Rams, Bucs, and Seahawks. No way those teams will be displayed in the season opener.

14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

How about this:
    The Giants get to play the first game in the new stadium, and the Jets can get the first win in the new stadium.

15. CARP

CARP New Member

Not to rain on the parade and I know it's my first post.
    Don't you think the NFL has to take into consideration the fact that as of right now, if the first game were to be a Jets home game, they're looking at it being blacked out in the NY market?
    I've been lurking at this site a while and it seems the estimates put season tickets at around 50,000.

16. Royal Tee

No apology needed.
    That was an excellent 1st post.
    Welcome aboard..... :beer:

This is a very legit possibility and if It's true then that alone screams troubles for the PSL's
    add to that, I love it simply because it means we as JETS fans are not caving into all that is a PSL.

[​IMG]

17. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

This just underlines how stupid it was to continue sharing a stadium. The jets should have built their own stadium. It didn't need to be on the WS. blah blah blah. But seriously this is what happens when you share a venue. It will always kind of suck. Whatever...

18. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Is it really that big of a deal who gets to play first on the stadium? Maybe we'll have the first NFL game in the preseason? That still is an NFL game regardless.

19. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

A) Who really cares and B) I seriously doubt the NFL has put anything in to the 2010 schedule yet, outside the now SB winner gets the Thursday night game and I'm sure after making the Giants Bears decision the first thing Roger Goodell did was call Fatty to let him know....

20. wa2k99

wa2k99 Active Member

Means absolutely nothing