17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well U knoow I was not 1st day of selecting or 2nd day or 3rd day or 4th day I was like second week & I got 1 row UD seats so I have to think that statement you posted in quotes is not true

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

But... but.... but wait! You only have one week left! Nick told me if I don't let him know today, they'll be gone. The Lower PSLs are flying off of his computer! LOL

I told Nick I would have to think about it and, of course, talk to my wife about it. What was he going to say? But he insisted I take down his personal number, so in case I change my mind today I can get through and commit to his lousy Lower Corners with a $30,000 PSL for 4 seats plus a ticket price for every game of $980 ($245 X 4)... over $1,000 per game with parking pass.

Yeah, like I want to put out that kind of PSL and a grand per game so I can go watch the Eagles-Jets preseason game. Oh yeah, I'd feel real good about going to that one...LOL.

3. Section 227. Row 5

I stand corrected then, Champ, because I don't doubt your word on that. I thought for sure you were selected on Day One and I could have sworn ther were others that were right around you claiming they could not get front row uppers, that they were told they were "sold out" already. Sorry, I must be mistaken then.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Voice of Reason (Wife not me)

Ok wife calls me back and says look you only want to go to 1/2 the games. So a 6k PSL for 2 - 1/2 season seats make sense.

Give up you 1k upperdeck deposit on two seats and finance 5k over 15 years. You will be guaranteed great seats five games and with family commitments and pre-season it is doubtfull you could make it to much more than 6 or 7 anyhow.

She wants me to ask the Jets to sell me a 1/2 season PSL? I am going to do it. I think it makes a lot of sense. Plus the Jets will allow me to buy a single seat with a friend and lets us split it up. Shouldn't the Jets play matchmaker? Why should I do work they are the ones selling something.

They did it last year for 1/2 season ticket holders. I highly doubt last year 1.2 season ticket holders want full season tickets let alone full season ticket holder PSLs.

227 is right my wife should be on this site. She stayed till end of Titans game and man we got poured on.

5. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

By the way a friend of mine got a job last week as a Jets PSL salesman, during orientation they gave him an employee manual which he provided to me to post.

Butchering the Human Carcass for Human Consumption
    by Bob Arson
    This is a step-by-step guide on how to break down the human body from the full figure into serviceable choice cuts of meat. As in any field, there are a number of methods to the practice, and you may wish to view this as a set of suggestions rather than concrete rules. You will notice that the carving of the larger or “commercial” cuts down into smaller specific or “retail” cuts will be only mentioned in passing, and not concentrated upon. Also, the use of human fat and viscera is generally avoided, and left only to the most experimental chef. These choices, along with recipes and serving suggestions, are nearly infinite in variety, and we leave them to you. We’ve found these guidelines to be simple and functional, but recognize that there is always room for improvement and we welcome your suggestions…..

http://74.125.93.132/search?q=cache...ipe&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

Just kidding fellows.

6. rinvesto

rinvesto Well-Known Member

I have told them repeatedly to stop calling me and sending me garbage, Im not buying under any circumstances. ( I had 10 season tickets from 1997 to this season). I received another letter/brochure telling me "we could work it out" yesterday, followed by another call.
    There is no way they will be sold out for next season. They are in big trouble. If they really want to sell these, they better treat them as a stock and lower the PSL's. Some buy high, some buy low, Im sure they wont do it, but they can't sell them

7. Section 227. Row 5

I just got a call now, I kid you not. I was just on the phone with them an hour ago. Now a different guy, Phil Vilipiano, called me out of the blue. My account was probably flagged when I called earlier, wanting to know what is going to happen to all these supposed vacancies in the Upper Deck.

When I asked him again about this, Phil told me "It isn't clear yet, but if something is done it will be by seniority." So that's good. At least I accomplished something with them today... it's starting to sound like this may not be a rumor like ROJF says it isn't... that they will probably go back by seniority and offer the improved seats to us Upper guys.

Hey, it may only mean that you are moving over a couple of seats toward the 50, or it may mean that you move down a row or two, but hey, I'll take it.

8. championjets69

Remember my old seats were in the UD considered by Woody to be turdy so besides being lumped in with all those to 77 I had to await all those LD & Mezz STHs to pick before me because I opted from the onset for UD seats

9. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

227, here is in writting what was emailed me by the Jets. I have a copy. Stop doubting me baby, I am the bomb.

"We had sold out the upper level, but after everyone has had the opportunity to move to a PSL we will be building a seniority list for remaining upper deck season ticketholders looking to upgrade to a lower row as well as looking to add additional seats and we will contact people starting in Aprill"

10. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

If he chose on the first day, he would have done better than section 319.

The people who chose upper decks before him valued being closer to the 50 yard line over being able to just say "I got first row". The seats and sections near the 50 yard line went first and were gone before champ chose.

#5130 backtoshea, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  11. championjets69

Exactly correct & that is why I feel I was not treated fairly by dear old Woody

12. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

you are the biggest windbag !! you should go back to all your posts that have been nothing but blah blah blah... oh i was offered row 2, sideline but i wasnt taking them because I wanted row one.. I have the money.. but no, if I cant have row one 1 I will settle for the endzone upper corner..

13. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

I was offered row 2 in middle 142 but that is a damm 15k PSL, I was offered low rows in the TD corners below row 5. Bottom line I don't want a PSL in a so so seat when they are all the same price. Plus corner EZ LL big deal even row one. When they move people upstairs most people who had tickets in 2009 will get to sidelines.

This thread is about buying PSLs and all I talk about is PSLs. Bottom line in 3 years either I or you will be the fool. As it is 50/50 if PSLs are a good deal.

14. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

remember that the next time your giving us breaking news on xanadu !!

15. ozu

ozu New Member

Not a huge surprise that they're available since 95% of people who regularly go to games and would be dropping $12-15k on PSLs would rather have seats higher up in the lower levels (20+) for better viewing.

16. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

its absofuckinglutely amazing that people are buying this shit they are selling.

rojf jesus h christ you are killing me. put all of your thoughts in a single post. i just read through 3 pages that really only needed to be 1 if it werent for your 25 posts.

227 you are providing a real service with your continued words of realism that you are spreading.

i can remember talking about the fact they may have loaded up the brokers with the ud primes if they were to buy psls. dont know if that was ever confirmed one way or another but i remember talking about it for a number of pages when they frist started this fuckfest.

17. rudd28

rudd28 New Member

Anyone else get the fold out Hallmark card from the Jets in the mail? It smells of desperation!! As you unfold the card, it says "Come Back", then "We Miss You", then it shows and empty seat, and says "The Stadium Won't Be The Same Without You In The Seat"...then, at the last part of the foldout card, it says "Let's Talk About This, It's Time You Come Back, We Can Work This Out...(and leaves a phone number). Now I'm paraphrasing this, since I don't have it in front of me, but you get the idea. Pretty Sad.

18. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

This process is a 100% convuluted mess. You know what I may have bought a 6k PSL yesterday was right on fence. I would have done it if I had "apples to apples" to compare to. Yes I am in a terrible seat UD and want a better seats. But now Jets tell me I may not even be sitting in that seat next year. So I am trading up seats today but for all I know if enought people 5-7k bite on this deal I could be moving to much better seats.

The Jets I think are trying to do the right thing. I think their heart is in right place. But this is like selling SUVs back when gas was four dollars a gallon.

BTW Xandu was important news as they put the expensive parking on that side for high priced psls so you could walk to the bars and restaurants in Xandu, now it is facing abandoned buildings.

Other trouble with is they are a lot of one and done people in UD right now. They will come for new stadium but if they have crappy seats in 2011 and lower level seats are going cheap on stubhub they are dropping out.

19. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Please explain this.

20. championjets69

What? Do U mean the seats we selected may not be the seats we wind up with? If that is the case have anything in writing that says that?