17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

Check www.newjetsstadium.com - under FAQ's, I noticed the following
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    How long does a PSL last?

PSLs are good for as long as the Jets play in the new building in its
    current configuration.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have no intention of getting a PSL, but does that mean that the Jets could do something to change the configuration (for example add a roof) and shazam all the current PSLs are now invalid ??

2. franzman9

franzman9 Member

I appreciate it

3. JetsSec337Lot13B

Is this really true about the upper deck and relocating again or just some kind of rumor?

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

Part of the problem is the mezanine was a steal for you guys for a long time. not many fans so easy entrance and exit. Covered from the elements. Perfect elevation to watch the game. For a long time it only cost an extra $10 per game than the upper level. The past few years is another story but if you look at what most teams charge for mezanine seats covered from the elements its similar pricing.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Very good question. Yes, that's exactly what that means. If a renovation is needed or configuration change planned, guess who gets the bill?

Dolphins Stadium just received word from the NFL that, after this year, no more Superbowls will be allowed in that stadium until a $250 Million renovation. Those fans better love having a SB in that place, because they're the ones who are going to pay for the brick and mortar. This year, Jason Taylor called Giants Stadium a "shithole" compared to their stadium. Well, Jason, now your stadium can be even nicer than it was before, thanks to the fans forking up the dough.

6. Section 227. Row 5

I would somewhat agree with this. I believe at the time when my seats were $60, other seats were as cheap as maybe $30 or so. And believe me, for years I didn't complain about the 10% add-on. It was only after he kept relentlessly pounding that my ticket price got out of hand.

But my MAIN POINT is that this is what Woody is capable of and he WILL do this because he already has. ANY seat he feels is underpriced will be hammered relentlessly. Now if you do not own a PSL, you can tell him to shove it and walk away, so there's a price increase point there for him after which people will vacate if the price becomes outrageous. Not so with a PSL seat that Woody deems underpriced (like the discounted ones he now is "forced" to sell too cheaply (in his eyes). After the season starts, he can jack those PSL ticket prices through the non-existant dome if he wants to, and NO ONE will vacate because they can't... they're stuck but good (and he knows that).

7. pantograph3

pantograph3 New Member

Just proves that the NFL really couldn't care less about its fans. Just look at how they handle the Superbowl. In all other sports, the real fans (STHs) get the tickets to see the championship games. Ticket prices, merchandise prices, it's all way out of sync from other sports IMO.

8. Section 227. Row 5

Interesting, isn't it? All of us fork over all the money it takes to put on all of the regular season games (plus the 2 meaningless preseason "games"), but when it comes to being able to go to an occasional SB, only a small percentage of the STHers that supported that team through thick and thin get to go at face value. The STHer pays through the nose through all the lean years, all the 4-12 seasons and eats countless numbers of worthless game tickets when the team is 3-10 and it's raining and sleeting outside. Yet, in forty years, let the team have a chance to go to the SB and right away only 15% of us get a crack at the tickets. What a screw job that is.

9. Section 227. Row 5

I hope it's not a rumor. It would be the right thing for Woody to do, but I'm still very skeptical. He could just as easily announce in July that the remaining Uppers are on sale now "for any new fans who want to take advantage of them."

He knows the Uppers will sell out, one way or the other, so I doubt they even care about what's fair for the Upper guys or the "right thing to do" for your seniority people. Seniority is so out the window now it isn't even funny.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Well I hope if UD front row STHers move out & take the PSL offer that the NYJs move the STHers still opting for the UD by strict seniority. SO NYJs if you are listening I am 1965 seniority & are asking for consideration before 1966 STHs & older are moved

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

LOL- I do appreciate your humor but are you ever going to give this up?

last I heard there was about 10-15,000 PSL's left, so thousands of people that have purchased realized it is what it is.

This is almost a year now of you complaining about pretty much every aspect of the new stadium. If so much is wrong with it why are you even invested in the UD? If you feel so strongly that this is stupid, waste of money, a Woody fuckjob, why even bother?

At this point I'm just excited about it, of course I was not happy paying all this extra money but in the end I realized it had to be done if I wanted to enjoy the games as I have been for the past 20+ years.

12. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

I think its a rumor. to much work involved doing that.. You always have to take whats good for the fans out of the equation.. People who had the best seniority that took the uppers, arent heading down to those sidelines so fast..More of a migration from the endzones. But forsure the prices there will be the first ones raised

#5092 ELLSWORTH, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  13. ozu

ozu New Member

I agree 100% with this. As great as it would be to go to a Super Bowl as a fan, the atmosphere is non-existent since 2/3 of the seats are given out to corporate sponsors and the host team.

Imagine forking out $1k face value and being the only one standing and cheering in your section. Awful. Or worse, you're almost guaranteed to be seated near multiple "Down in front!" types.

14. ELLSWORTH

ELLSWORTH Member

227 is one of the heart and souls of this thread . Keep them posts coming ! and of course 17a as well..

#5094 ELLSWORTH, Feb 4, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  15. Section 227. Row 5

Yeah, I've had others try to clamp down on my posts before. They don't have to read them if it irritates them so. The real question is, if a PSL buyer is happy and content in his decision, he wouldn't feel the need to read my every word. Why read it if it's gibberish? Ignore it.

The answer is that deep down inside they know most of these PSLs are and will be an unconscionable waste of money even in a good season. Multiply the aggrevation ten fold if the Jets slide into a couple of 4-12 seasons. I have no argument with a guy who grabbed a couple of $4,000-$5,000 PSLs. I too took a good hard look at those EZs. But when you get up into the $7,500-$20,000 price range it's like... come on already. At what point do you feel like a total sucker?

16. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

I've heard that there are over 25,000 unsold PSL's, and I believe that this is an accurate figure.

17. Section341

Section341 New Member

+1

Every time I am tempted to move down, I see Clint/227 pointing that shotgun at me. Thank you 227.

18. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yeah, they're not listening.

19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

At an inflated 10K per PSL that's $250M of inventory to unload. I'm sure woody can sell a couple of bars of soap and shampoo to make up the difference. Go get 'em tiger

20. Section 227. Row 5

It's not a shotgun, it's a Korean War vintage M-1, the most powerful rifle in the world... and it holds 7 rounds.

And to tell you the truth, punk, with all this PSL excitement, I can't remember if I fired 6 rounds or 7.

So what do you say, punk, do you feel lucky today?

Well do ya..., PUNK?