Asomugha wants to be a Jet

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by InRevisWeTrust, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

WTF are you talking about? Revis being thrown around by Wayne? IDK which game you were watching, but the one I was watching, Manning wasn't Manning up to the task to take on the best CB in the NFL. Go back and watch the tape first and stop trolling!!

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

You said it was more like the Raiders tampering with the Jets. There's no way in hell a player contacting another organization could be considered tampering by that players organization.

And while Aso and/or Revis may have initiated a conversation with Rex, how can you be so sure him participating in such a conversation would not be considered tampering? I'm concerned that maybe Rex needs to just end that conversation or remove himself from it rather than participate in it.

3. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

More like, #3 and #7 CB.

4. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Rex: Do you want sell PSLs?
    Woody: That is the goal
    Rex: Sign Asomugha, sir....let's bring a championship to NY.
    Woody: *hands Rex a blank check*

*MB cums in his drawers*

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I said tampering charge ON Oakland. But yeah, the only thing is, maybe Rex needs to end the conversation. Maybe he did for all that we know. We don't know the conversation, who started it, how it ended. What we do know is Al Davis knows crap about trading players.

6. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

yo. i might have an orgasm if this shit went down. it would be like cloning Revis and having quarterbacks being dumb and arrogant enough to attempt to throw on one of our two Revis Islands.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A) Al Davis would never trade his best player to the Jets. He hates the Jets, and always has. He said that the Jets cheated against the Raiders to get to Super Bowl III.

B) Al Davis is most likely now going to talk tampering against the Jets.

C) Revis and Asomugha on the Jets would be sickening, and it would be something Rex would love. He could cheat his safeties to the line all day long.

8. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Semantics. There's no way in hell there would be a tampering charge on Oakland for a player on Oakland talking to someone about being on another team.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

trade kellen clemens, gholston, jones, lito, and a 2nd round pick lol.

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

WSW and Abyz are correct....the Jets are in danger of being slapped with a tampering charge. Hopefully Rex stayed away from the meat n' potatoes of the conversation...or we could lose draft picks because of this.

It was nice thinking about the possibility of having the 2 best CBs in the game playing for our Jets.....but reality is going to win this battle when it comes down to it.

11. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Who would even consider trading away possibly the 2nd best, if not the best CB in the NFL for KC, Gholston, Jones and Lito? If you add them all up, you'd be lucky to get a 4th rounder. KC and Gholston have zero trade value. If anything KC has more value than Ghost and that says a lot. Jones is a 'has been' RB now. Too old and can't take a full load any more. He's more valuable to the Jets than the 5th somebody might bite on. Lito's value is unpredicatable. If lucky, he might be worth a late third. I'd would give up a 5th if I was pursuing him. We are not getting Aso for a second and a few backups.

12. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Asomugha is being wasted in Oakland, and that team needs as many draft picks they can get their hands on. I'm sure they'd deal him for a 1st and Lito.

13. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

Would you trade Revis for a 1st and a #2 CB?

14. lili

lili New Member

ICAM if your a top defensive player how could you not want to play for Rex. It seems like everyone is ready to run through a brick wall for the guy.

15. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

I would think a 2nd round pick + Rhodes + Clemens + TJ + Lito is more than fair for a CB who will be 29 next season.

To be realistic Asomugha probably only has maybe 5 more good years left. Oakland would be smart to trade him so they can build for the future.

And the jets would be smart to trade for him since it would virtually guarentee a superbowl.

#55 dcm1602, Feb 1, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  16. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Ive been joking about trading for him if it actually came true I dont know what Id do. Revis island might just grow 2x next year. And if it does happen imagine how many picks there would be. Forced ball into great coverage, Kerry Rhodes would get a lot of freebies.

17. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Revis has at least 10 years as a beast in the nfl.

Asomugha has 4 maybe 5.

Although I agree itll definitely take more than 1 draft pick plus a semi scrub CB to get either of them

18. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

na, just trade kerry rhodes, litto and some draft picks and we could probably land him

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

That would be freaking amazing...... but it won't happen.

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Revis is 5 years younger and better. Also we're a win-now team, and Oakland has at least 3 seasons before they can even think playoffs. Asomugha will be 32 then, so he's being wasted. If Oakland is smart, which they are not, they'd trade Asomugha to us for Lito+Clemens+Rhodes and a first. That would be a no-brainer for them.