Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

You but I see it in my life too... i hav some friends that ar really good at studying for exams. When I'm with them I study 10 hours a day... when I'm by myself I'm lucky if I can concentrate for 3/4 hours... It's not that I don't want to study, but having a friend of mine that encourages or drags me to do it and leads by example really helps.

I think that's what Vilma did to Rhodes

2. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Oh ok, I see, so that is your interpretation, it never actually said that anywhere right?

3. beemer

beemer New Member

So maybe Revis needs to be the one to drag KR into the film room.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

No no... the article said as long as Vilma was here he would DRAG him in the fil room... that's just my interpretaion of whta "to drag" means when referred to a team-mate.

5. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Rex addressed the fact that Revis needs to become more of a leader this season... if he's able to do that (with the help of Leonhard who also seems like a gym/folm room rat) we can really take this secondary to the next level!

6. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Wow, ok...do you have the link to that article or is it posted and I just missed it?

7. beemer

beemer New Member

I'd love to see Shonn Greene give him the Weddle treatment.

8. JetFanInMD

JetFanInMD New Member

You mean the kerry rhodes treatment.

9. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

Haha and we'll throw in Clemens.

10. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

We can find a decent safety in F/A and get a fresh, young CB opposite Revis via the draft. Rhodes has become more trouble than he is worth, he is a distraction. He thinks he's some hollywood star when his play has deteriorated so much you never hear his name anymore from NFL scouts, analysts etc.. Sounds like he's become a tad bit dellusional.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I think this is something that's being overlooked.

The very fact that Kerry Rhodes' future is being questioned, the very fact that all of this is an issue - combined with the fact that he's a vet who was benched for a game - should raise eyebrows. No?

If he was so good and highly praised, none of this would even be a discussion.

12. deef

deef Member

Telling him they want him to stay is just part of the process - they'll say anything if it will make him play as well as he can while he's here and also so they don't alienate other players. It doesn't actually mean anything. Perhaps Kerry just needed to hear Rex ask him to stay, grovel a bit, and that will be enough to get him to buy into the system. Maybe Rex refused to grovel and that's why Kerry won't say he wants to stay. Maybe he just wants people to talk about him. We simply don't know, but right now these media appearances and press conferences mean nothing at all, so there's no point in giving them so much consideration. Rex and Tanny are going to protect the player regardless of how they really feel, this is all just lip service.

If he's not 100% into Rex and this system I seriously doubt he's dumb enough to pretend, play half assed, and put himself through the same aggravation again. He'll probably just run away. Until Kerry just comes out and says he wants to definitively stay or go, we won't know the real story, so why bother speculating with so little real info.

13. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Next season. If he doesn't get it by then, he's never going to get it. He showed progression this year after being disciplined. He has to continue on that same path, otherwise the time investment becomes too expensive.
    ---------------

And so, just so I understand this right, when Rex didn't say he wanted Rhodes back it was bad because if he doesn't say it, it clearly implies he doesn't want him here. Then when Tanny says they do want Rhodes back, it's just "doing what they have to do," is that correct?

14. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

...and If someone told me this was takemhomekerryrodes / firemanedjr coming back, I would not be suprised.

15. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Huh? What does that mean?

16. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Was it Cimini or another reporter who said Rhodes isn't very well liked in the locker room? Of course, it was one of those "unidentified players" sort of thing, but I do have to think there is something to it.

17. The Uniform Bomber

---------------
    Completely agree here.

The way I'm looking at this, is that Rex and Tanny are entirely two different media personalities. Rex seems to always say what's on his mind and doesn't [usually] hide anything. Tanny talks in more coachspeak vernacular and [usually] doesn't reveal that much.

If the Jets are considering or trying to trade Rhodes, it behooves them to make announcements that they want Rhodes to return because it will keep his value elevated. It wouldn't be wise to say, "this guy's play has been inconsistent and his attitude is sometimes selfish" and then try to trade him.

It's very rare to ever hear the HC and FO say, "we don't want this guy, we're trying to move him, these are his flaws, etc" because it's just bad business to do so.

18. The Uniform Bomber

This was taken from Cimini's article in the other thread:
    Sounds like Cimini could be speculating, but he prolly has a bit more insider knowledge than us.

So, if this is the case, how can ANYONE defend Rhodes? Not only should your team never have to request/command your commitment, but also, even after they do, they should never have to wait on your response to that demand.

19. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I wonder what Rhodes is trying to say with this:

Kerry Rhodes 02/08/2010 12:19 PM ET
    I'm happy 4 my brother J vilma some people wanted him out a situation, he got out and got the BIG ONE! Congrats.

20. JetsLookingforDWare

OK...I see it as a good possibility he gets traded. We better get something good for him.