Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

All your fault, homey.

2. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Of course this ignores the fact that had Rhodes not caused the fumble, Rivers might have turned that play into 6 points. Instead, IIRC, it was fourth down and the Jets got the ball on the next play anyway.

But fuck details when we can just sling shit at the walls like monkeys!

3. JetsLookingforDWare

And still don't care, baby. Oh man I can tell you missed me...

#103 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  4. abyzmul

I think the fact that his head isn't in the game at critical points is a valid cause for alarm with Rhodes.

5. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I wouldn't endorse him coming over to the Jets without a pay cut. I've never seen a 6'3" football player play with so little strength in his game. He's all speed which would be great as a pass rusher but he's being paid as an every-down starter. Maybe having the bigger bodies in a 3-4 in front of him would help but I just do not see him being able to make an impact in the running game.

Oh, and it was the Broncos game where he got toasted against the run.

6. abyzmul

Sucksucksucksuuuuuuuuck. I bet you get more smoke in your stomach than you do in your lungs.

7. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I completely agree. I was flipping out over that play. I just think he still has a lot of talent and Rex may be able to turn him around yet. I'm all for giving him another year under Rex to see if he comes around.

8. Scottso

Scottso Member

What the hell is going on with you two? You guys need to get in the octagon...

9. JetsLookingforDWare

[​IMG]

I hope you don't believe your opinion of me affects me in any way...Lol I haven't even message board spoken to you in a year+. Hold a grudge much?

Sadsadsadsadsad...

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

And you know I agree with you. But that's not a point anyone but you is arguing against Rhodes.

Everyone is arguing bullshit like "He's a prima donna" or a "locker room cancer" or "he's just not into football." It's a steaming load of crap.

Honestly, that's probably what the conversation between he and Rex was about. Ryan probably said "Look Kerry, you're a freaking talented football player, but you have some mental lapses out there. I want you on this team because you can excel at this game, but you have to be ready to get your head in the game."

Rhodes probably thought to himself "Well shit. I thought my head was in the game!" And that's what the whole "re-evaluate myself" thing was probably about.

11. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

He IS a primadonna...

He isn't a locker room cancer but he isn't the example of a Rex's football player (tough guys who play 110% of their possibilites)

He said many times he IS into football but he ALSO has to think about his career AFTER it... at 28... :S

How can you say it's a load of crap?

12. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I think when people say "he's not into football" are referring to the mental lapses. People who are serious about the game don't have a mental lapse on a critical goal line play in the AFC championship game. It has also been highly publicized that he does not prepare as well as other players (watch film, workout with coaches) for games.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

In his defense Mambo, he could be forced to retire at any time. Look at Ed Reed for example and his neck isssues. He is what, 32?

14. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Where is it publicized?

15. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Yes!! Another season of standing in the endzone looking lost while someone catches a TD. Can't wait!

Karry's signature "Backtackle" in 2010!!

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Who gives a shit? He's a prima donna. Sofukinwut?! Does that matter at all other than as a stupid reason to dislike the guy? I'll answer that for you. The answer is no.

Highly publicized where exactly? Because from what I understand, Kerry Rhodes is a dedicated film study.

17. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

They mentioned in the Daily News i think it was about my idea of sending him to the Giants for Osi.
    Where do i sign up for that!?!!!!!!

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he shouldn't think about like after football... but if his nickname is "Hollywood" you might think there is a reason behind it. Like where his priorities are...

Again, every player has the right to have all the interests he wants... but his priorities should be clear... in Rhode case I don't think I like the way he's priorities seem to be layed.

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Bwahahahahahaha. People are really stuck on trading Rhodes for Umenyiora? A guy who was benched himself this year? A guy whose "heart" has been questioned? A guy who made comments such as:

Article: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/12/ny_giants_defensive_end_osi_um_5.html

Jets fans just crack me up.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

In a team sport being a primadonna counts a lot imo. And in a team with a tight locker room like the Jets I think it's even more unproductive...

I could understand if he was a primadonna but played to the level of Harris or Revis (still I wouldn't like it but at least he'd be elite and elite players at the end of the day get away with that sort of stuff) but the problem is he is playing average (not good and not bad, overall he is average) and still thinks he is the king of the hill. That doesn't go down well in a locker-room I guarantee you that.

Who as ever praised Rhodes for being a dedicated film study guy (except himself)? Just say one name... one anonymous team-mate... and of course not a quote from a 2006 article :)