Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sorry, but you're wrong. Rex said in a press conference before the season started that he plans on using every turnover as a defensive scoring opportunity.

2. JetsLookingforDWare

It's like someone came up with this shitty Jets fan law that states one or two people must be targeted for the failures of the whole.

Rex said Revis needs to step up as a leader. Get him!!

3. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He played well at the end of the year.

4. abyzmul

As far as Kerry goes, I just wish this guy would stay away from microphones. He will probably be here next season, if he can get over himself enough.

I don't give a shit what the Jets implied to him about being able to demand a trade, the fact is that he signed a 5 year contract in 2008. The Jets have his rights. And if he wants to be petulant and hold out in the third year of his contract, they can just trade him to Detroit or Oakland.

5. abyzmul

That's totally right. As an example, I would like to cite how the suck factor of this message board triples during the time that you are logged in. It's all your fault, DWare. You and kelly.

6. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Really? Damn, sorry you feel that way. I thought message boards were meant to share your opinions and debate. I sincerely apologize if you're offended.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

:rofl: He wasn't talking to you.

Unless this is a double account?

8. abyzmul

Um. What? I wasn't replying to you.

9. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Maybe it is actually a second Dware account and he let it out of the bag?

10. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Oops, sorry. :rofl:

11. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

No, I'm not a double account, there's just so many Kerry Rhodes threads in here right now, I got confused on which one I was responding in. Sorry.

12. Scottso

Scottso Member

13. JetsLookingforDWare

Oh quit your bitching, baby. Nobody cares.

#93 JetsLookingforDWare, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  14. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I don't think that it would be very likely. If it happened, I'm not sure how I would feel about it. He's a good pass rusher from a 3 point stance but I haven't seen too much of him from a two point stance and I'm not sure how willing a 28 year old will be to learn a new position.

A trade like this would still leave us without a complete linebacker on the weak side. Thomas is great against the run but cannot rush the passer, Osi is great at rushing the passer but in one game made this season was victimized on 30 of 31 running plays by one team(I cannot remember which one, but FGF has mentioned this several times to me).

His contract right now is just way too big to spend on a rotational guy.

#94 CatoTheElder, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  15. greenghost

greenghost Member

I am sick of Rhodes. I don't want him back next year because he is a distraction on and off the field. Take a look at the Charger's game, Rhodes comes in on a safety blitz in the 4th quarter and sacks Rivers knocking the ball free but Kerry doesn't notice that there is a scramble for the ball because he is so focused on celebrating!! And it is not the first time that he has done that... So frustrating!! Hey Kerry, focus on completing the play and helping your team win. He is a media attention whore who hopefully will not be back with the green and white next year.

16. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I find this part of this article to be the key in this whole situation:

Ryan also demanded that Rhodes spend one-on-one time with defensive backs coach Dennis Thurman before he had a chance be reinstated as a starter.

Rhodes, somewhat reluctantly, did so. But it was clear that he had a strained relationship with Thurman and defensive coordinator Mike Pettine. Rhodes also said that he and Pettine didn't "see eye to eye."

Pettine and Thurman are Ryan's two closest and most trusted assistants, so it's pretty obvious that Ryan told Rhodes on Monday that if he cannot get along with those coaches and buy into the program, maybe he doesn't belong

17. JetsLookingforDWare

...Even one of the biggest plays of the season can't stand alone...because Kerry Rhdoes made it.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

But the option here for me _ and this is what we said back then [in November] -- was if I didn't really fit in and I didn't go with the Dennis Thurman thing, meeting with him and buying into the system, I could request a trade. [So] the situation is up to me."

"Sometimes, people don't fit in certain situations. I'm not one to say that I don't fit in, but I have to reevaluate myself and see what's going on and see how much they really care about me here."

19. Scottso

Scottso Member

I think you're right in the sense that this won't happen, but if it did I would be all for it. You may have a point about the running stats in that game you mention, I don't know. But I would definitely be interested in giving Rex Ryan a chance in deploying this guy in his defense.

20. Scottso

Scottso Member

I know it's crazy. It's like the guy has to decide on whether he wants to work hard, and get coached up by these guys. What a primadonna! I wasn't so against Kerry Rhodes until I read this article. Goodbye.