Kerry Rhodes on SNY

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 7 to Shea, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Paraphoe

Paraphoe New Member

Rading this thread makes me wanna cry. Let's cut ties with this dude.

2. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

we aren't scheming the browns again.

holmgren is running the show...don't expect any presents

3. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

this dude is a fucking CLOWN

GTFO MAN

"I was vital to THEIR success" no one needs you hear faggot stop praising yourself and go somewhere else

4. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Kerry's not gonna go anyway, he just still wants people to talk about whether he will be back or not.So can we please stop talkin about this trade that is not gonna happen.

5. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

When it comes to standing in the endzone doing nothing while the other team scores, nobody is better than Rhodes.

6. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

IMO if mangini wants Rhodes he will get Rhodes...and we will get something much better in return.

Kerri, Keep wearin the orange and brown ..Cleveland will be the perfect market for you. :up: Sissy boy

7. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

This is how the media sees it:

NY Jets safety Kerry Rhodes says he wants to be a Jet
    By Dave Hutchinson/The Star Ledger
    January 27, 2010, 5:33PM

Jets safety Kerry Rhodes said Wednesday night that he wants to be a Jet and he and coach Rex Ryan will talk once again in the coming weeks about his future. It was the first time since his benching in Week 12 that Rhodes said he wanted to return.

But he left open the exit door, saying "circumstances happen.''

Rhodes, who is due a $2 million roster bonus in March, said the club has given him the option of staying or requesting a trade. There is concern that Rhodes, who likes to bring attention to himself and is called "Hollywood,'' may not fit in. Several players told The Star-Ledger in November that Rhodes talks too much and wasn't exactly a popular figure in the locker room.

"I have to re-evaluate myself and see if I fit in here,'
    ' he said on SNY's "Wheelhouse.''

Even though Rhodes didn't demand a trade, the Jets will likely listen to any offers, keeping their options open as well.

"I like New York,'' said Rhodes. "The Jets drafted me. I've been a vital key in what we've done. Right now, I'm looking forward to being a Jet. ... Rex Ryan is my guy. I like Rex a lot. He called me again today and (repeated) that they want me here.

"To be honest, I do want to be here. This is New York. This is the team that gave me my first shot, a fourth-rounder, a lot of people passed on me. They gave me the big contract (five years, $33.5 million). I want to be here but sometimes circumstances happen.

"There is going to be a little bit of talk between us (he and the Jets) in the next couple of weeks but I want to be here and the team wants me here.''

8. ShutEmDownRevis

this guy is NOT A GOOD FIT IN THE LOCKER ROOM

no one likes him, except his boyfriend braylon, and he was probably the guy rex talked about when he said "if you dont practice hard and study hard, you will become an outcast here"...

fuck him...

If he really wanted to stay what would he say? What would YOU say if you really wanted to stay at your job. "All I want to do is remain here, work as hard as possible and try to be as valuable a member to this company as I can. I will do anything it takes to remain a part of this staff."

only problem is we can't do much better than him, but at this point, just cut ties and get him outta here

9. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Here's the vid:

http://web.sny.tv/media/video.jsp?content_id=7151007

He clearly states that Rex told him it's great to have him back but he has to humble himself and talk to Rex more and to work with Thurman more.

that's a good position the Jets have... if you decide to stay great but you have to humble yourself, if you don't want to do that we respect that but you ain't playing for the Jets anymore. Your call. I think they couldn't have handled it better.

Let's see what Rhodes moves are... my guess is he doesn't back down from what he is and we waive good-bye to him.

#29 Mambo9, Jan 27, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  10. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

he still compares himself to ed reed, lol

kerry, you have 1/10th the ball hawk skills that ed reed has. he's entitled to be average to below average on the physical scale. but kerry, no chance. he doesn't make enough big plays to be that soft.

11. ShutEmDownRevis

he's saying all the wrong things.

If you were an employer would you want a guy like this on your staff... when he's not that valuable anyway

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Look I'm sorry I'm not ready to give up on Rhodes yet, we all know his stats have been going down but lets give him one more year to work things out, this is really the first year he has been this bad. I know if he keeps up his trend next year should be worse but lets just wait it out one more year before he is traded

13. ShutEmDownRevis

it's not even his play that bothers me

it's his attitude

14. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

He didn't play that well in 2008 too... when at this point you always have to ask yourself (as a GM) do I wait a year and give him the chance to re-gain his value or do I trade him while I can? It's always a tough call...

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Obviously he's not gonna say the Jets don't want him here.
    And obviously he's not gonna (blatantly) say he doesn't wanna be here.
    And he can't say he wants to be here, but the Jets are unsure about it (because that would indicate he's replaceable -- not to mention, his ego would never admit this).

So he's saying the Jets want him here but he needs to consider it. Thus, if he gets traded, it'll 'be on his terms', because he decided it was time to move on; rather than it was the Jets who felt they'd be better without him.

16. tdoublee

tdoublee Active Member

I'm sure he's not the only one on the team with a prima-donna attitude but he is pretty delusional right now still comparing himself to Ed Reed. If we can get something of value for him, we have to trade him ASAP.

Sure Rex wants him back, but he wants the 2006 version of Kerry Rhodes. That guy is looong gone and I dont think he's coming back.

17. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Mmm you sure? I'm trying to think of someone but I just can't... it seems like we have a nice team chemistry...

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I just watched...... "maybe ED REED isn't his type of guy either"???!?!

this guy's an ass.

19. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

Yes...KR coming back! Not surprised. :)

20. franzman9

franzman9 Member

after hearing that, he is gone by june. Just hope we get a 3rd rounder at least