I don't care about a "magical season" or "special run"--I'm still pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyscene911, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I'm still crying and pissed while wearing Sanchez Jersey!

2. Diabolical_Jet_Fan

Diabolical_Jet_Fan Well-Known Member

Still alot cheaper than season tickets, not that I wouldnt mind having season tickets.

3. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

Sorry but the Jets are far from having an Elite QB. I liked Sanchez and thought he would be a good QB in the NFL. I thought on draft day that the Jets did a good job by picking him up. Let Sanchez have a few good to great year before claiming he's elite. There's only a few in the NFL.

4. craniumcramp

craniumcramp New Member

I have had the pleasure of watching Manning drafted and having him as the QB of the Colts. However I also have the image of pre indy days burnt into my retinas as well. The thing I think most of you fail to realize is that your turn will come. Much faster then most of you believe that it will. SANCHEZ IS THE REAL DEAL. I know a thing or 2 about suffering thru complete shit QBS. Sanchez is going to take you and the rest of the Jets faithful to the promise land the kid is just to good. It may take another 2-3 years until you have a complete team around him, but its coming. In the mean time I think the Patriots reign as east champs has finally been dethroned.

The JETS are a good football team, working on being a great team. Sanchez will come of age, he showed that to the NFL and all of the NFL fans Sunday. Its not a matter of if.......Its a matter of when? I will argue until I blue in the face that Sanchez has already taken his 1st steps on this road. Mark my words, next year the J.E.T.S. take the east and put it in a strangle hold for at least the next 5 years. In that span Sanchez drys the tears of the Jet faithful and creates terror in the east as well as the AFC.

You guys have finally struck gold in the QB you got. Be proud of what you have because what you have will bring you what you want.

5. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

I refrained from posting during the run because I'm really superstitious and notice A lot of patterns during the season and during the playoffs. I'm Just as disappointed as everyone else , but understand that we were on borrowed time.
    The Quarter back is still wet behind the ears , and is going to be something special . We learned that he cannot shoulder the burden of carrying this team along. We learned that; yes even the Best defense cant always get to the passer and we learned that Our coaching staff doesnt have that killer instinct just yet. I think that goes into trusting who they have on the field when their best players are hurt or come out for a series.

I too realize how difficult it is to reach this point , but if we have a good frame work of a dominate team then we will be able to be here again , like other dominate teams of the past.

6. GreenMachine

When I got the ticket in 2008 it was 99 bucks.

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I would hope that being 14-2 would at least earn us a bye week.

8. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Once I saw Manning's face while walking on the sidelines following the drive at the end of the 1st half, I started shitting brix. It was that, 'those green mother fuckers, think they can stop me' look of determination/anger/god

9. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Really? I thought it was more of a "we should activate the nanobots we implanted in Greene's bloodstream" face. I guess it's subjective.

10. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

good point,it probably should. But anything can happen

11. Jabba

Jabba New Member

This guy's right. I think the Jets are gonna strangle the AFC East for years to come. I am not a Patriot hater... but I am a BB hater. The guys is simply a classless dick. Unlike Rex. I like him a lot. He doesn't take himself too seriously, and that, to me, is a sign of humility, even while talking big. IMO he's a class act, and ya'll are lucky to have him. He'll be GREAT for the league too. Too many coaches wear their panty's too tight.

Jabba

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

If you could read it says we will have a ELITE QB-

It means sometime in the future or down the road a bit.

we'll [wiːl]
    contraction of
    we will or we shall

13. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Solid post. Think about something basic, like missing 2 FGs in the dome, which Feely was easily making from 60 yards out in warm-ups. One of these missed FGs gave them the ball near midfield, resulting in TD. If only Feely made these 2 FGs, we would have 6 points more, and perhaps they would not score that TD, since field would have been much longer. That's 13 points right there. We were not that far away. And after we got that TO in the first half at their 30 yard line, all we needed was one first down not to give Manning 2 minute drill. We absolutely should have had 1 first down, and really, when you get on the field with 30 yards to go, it should be a TD. We had so many chances here, even with Manning playing well. I feel we should had had this game. Yeah, the other team turned out to be better, but it is only because we did not capitalize on what we should have capitalized on. I think we had the championship team on that field, and it's a shame Colts will now be holding Lombardi trophy and not us. It really hurts.

As far as next year, I think we will be good. But so will Colts, Chargers, NE, Baltimore, Pitts, and maybe a couple of other teams. Ravens actually had similar season as we did with rookie QB just a year ago. In fact they won 2 more games than we did this year and Flacco did quite well. An argument can be made they are in similar spot as we are come next season. Colts will be back to try to win another SB. And NE will be back too. With fully healthy Brady and Wes back, and a ton of picks, they will be much better next year than what you saw against Ravens. Pitts are recent SB champs and have a proven SB caliber QB. And Chargers lost a VERY tough one to us, won 13 games last year. I sure wouldn't discount them next season. The point is, we will need to get passed all of these teams, who also have reasonable championship aspirations, just to make that one extra step that we were so close to, but failed to make 2 days ago. It's a new year next year, and anything can happen. We had an amazing chance THIS year, and it hurts blowing it.

14. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

The what "if" theory. If the Bengals and Chargers wouldn't miss 5 FG's, the Jets probably won't even have to deal with this "what if"