What to do with the 1st Round Pick?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETS1116, Jan 25, 2010.

?

What to do with the 1st Round Pick?

1. Outside Linebacker

13 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Defensive End

63 vote(s)
    41.4%
  3. Cornerback

48 vote(s)
    31.6%
  4. Wide Receiver

15 vote(s)
    9.9%
  5. Other

13 vote(s)
    8.6%
  1. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

From now on, our team will be considered Super Bowl contenders. We have several weaknesses on our team, and with an inability to acquire big free agents, we must build through the draft. I see our weaknesses as:

1. Lack of a pass rush. We only get to the quarterback with huge blitzes, we blitzed the most at around 60%, yet our sack count was 32 (T-18th).

2. Lack of a true #2 corner. With Quarterbacks avoiding Revis, the #2 Corner has gotten killed by good passing teams. Most of us agree Lowery is a good nickelback, but neither Lito, Donald, or Drew can perform well as the most thrown at #2 corner in the NFL.

3. Lack of a slot receiver. Is Woodhead the next Welker? I Doubt it. This position is crucial for Sanchez to thrive.

4. Aging DEs. Congrats to Ellis making the pro bowl, and I think Douglas did a tremendous job this year, but they are both 32 and are unable to get to the quarterback, especially without Jenkins eating up the entire O-line.

What do you guys think we should do?

Edit: Sorry for putting it in the non-draft thread, forgot that a draft section existed. Not sure how to move it though.

#1 JETS1116, Jan 25, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2010
  2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

the Best Corner on the team plays on the D-Line....

Also, Ellis & Thomas are gettin up there

3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I'd take that first rounder right to the TGG Draft Board that's what I would do ... just saying ...

We Need a play-making OLB easily, we can acquire another CB later on, but we need a young speedy linebacker that can pressure the QB, especially in a 3-4 Set-up, add depth to the D-line so they can continue to stop the run

4. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

I know you can't replace Kris Jenkins, but losing him this year really hurt us. Other than the NT position, I think we need some more depth at either WR or TE.

5. ganggreen51

ganggreen51 New Member

I say grab a corner and hope we can sign Marshall or Dumervil or both. I'm not saying that is likely but that would be pretty fucking sick.

6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Marshall AND Dumervil is an impossible scenario. Impossible.

7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Our starters are just fine except for # 2 CB. What we need is depth. This is the year we finally trade down for more picks.

#2 CB and # 3 WR are big needs and we don't need a first rounder to get either one.

8. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

Where to begin? Our NT's are aging, both Pouha and Jenkins are 31 next year. Our DE's are aging as well both will be 33 next year. We don't have a true #2 corner back. We need O line depth and WR depth. We're deep at safety, RB, LB, but that's about it. Devito is a good backup. They always say you build from the ball out and I know that the DT depth in this draft is excellent so I guess I'm going to say we need a new NT.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i'd go d.e. if a good one is there.i'm in the minority when i say that a 3rd wr is not a big priority.with rex's ground and pound i don't see where we would be running alot of 3 wr sets.keller is gonna be the "slot"guy in this offense.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Trade that first rounder for more picks. We need a #2 corner and DEPTH, DEPTH, and more DEPTH.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Schefter basically has Dumervil going to the Phins...because of the Mike Nolan hire. It makes total sense...he had his best statistical season under Nolan's watch, plus Joey Porter and Jason Taylor are becoming fossils.

12. Scottso

Scottso Member

I'm completely split between Defensive End and Wide Receiver they really need both. They need a huge upgrade at 3rd wide receiver, and a defensive linemen that gets pressure without us having to blitz...

13. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

I say we can't.

14. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

Best player available, regardless of position. When you draft for depth, that is the best way to go.

15. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

DE or a good DB corner or safety. I feel that if we draft the best defensive player available no matter what position rex will make great use of him and know how to best use him and our defense.

16. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Golden Tate

17. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Trade down. Get a pass rusher and something else in the 2nd. A WR and depth picks can come later.

18. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

we need youth on the d-line. I don't care if it's NT or DE, we need to go d-line early. We're going to need a replacement for Faneca soon too.

19. Scottso

Scottso Member

That would be nice...great player...

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Cornerback or Defensive end

best player available at the position

p.s. fuck you vernon gholston