I don't care about a "magical season" or "special run"--I'm still pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyscene911, Jan 24, 2010.

1. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

I haven't felt this much hope after the final game of a season in a long, long time. Maybe we CAN put the pathetic SOJ tag to bed finally.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I could not possibly disagree more. Certain teams are in contention EVERY year in the AFC ... Colts - Steelers - Pats - Chargers ... now WE will be in that group. Usually you need to come close once or twice before you win it all. We got a taste this year, and the experience will only help us in the future.

And BTW ... what do those teams all have in common? ... A solid QB. I LOVE the way our future looks, and I expect to be in the playoffs almost EVERY year for the next 6 or 7 years.

3. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

you just have to think would you rather not make the playoffs or lose the game before the superbowl

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

There's nothing to cry about. The other team was better.

5. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

The same reason will be there for 5 more years. What I am saying is, your reason for losing to Colts (them having Manning) is not good enough. As good as Payton is, he threw 16 INTs during season. As good as Colts are, they averaged about a TD less in all other games, so against best defense in NFL it was very reasonable to expected them to get even less than that. And Feely missing kicks in the dome is not exactly characteristic either. Nor us completely being shut down in the second half. We had 11 point lead, and we had a great chance to win. I just don't think them having Payton is valid reason to just concede the game.

I don't know how long you have been a fan, but I remember people saying the same thing in 99. It took 11 years to get back. That does not mean we should not have hope for next year, but pardon me that I am not jumping up and down after blowing 11 point lead and having great chance to go to big dance taken away.

I don't know about you, but I've heard all the talk. I know some here are facinated and pumped with Rex's bullshit, and I agree it makes for a good read, but at the end of the day, talk does not matter. It's really irrelevant whether you talk or not. It's what you do. And I regret to say we had a great chance and blew it. It's not often you are up by 11 in AFC championship game. It does not feel good to end up a loser, and I don't know when we will have this chance again with all the positives that happened. Remember, it was 11 years ago last time.

6. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Yeah ... the Steelers might be back ... and so will we.

Simply add Jenkins to the defense, and Washington to the offense and both sides of the all automatically improve. Our QB was a rookie, and he's already led us to two playoff wins, and played great against the Colts.

If you don't think we'll be one of the favorites to win the AFC next year, you're a fool ... or simply in denial.

7. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I know that people wanted a Super Bowl and all, but no rookie QB in the history of the NFL has lead a team to the Super Bowl. Sure we were close, but the fact that we got this far with a rookie QB & coach means a lot. The future is bright, and SOJ is dead, you better believe it.

8. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

Anyone ever think that there is a reason no rookie QB has made it to the Super Bowl? I know it would have been great to have the first make it, but come one. Think of how Charger fans felt after last week with everyone picking them to win it all. Better days are ahead I believe.

9. Boomer88

Boomer88 New Member

Wow, I was a minute late and Leon wrote the same exact thing I did.

10. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Our QB is yet to prove he is on the same level with Payton, Brady, Rivers, etc... He sure did play well in play-offs with 93 rankings, but didn't Flacco had great rookie year too with some play-off wins? Yet he does not exactly instill fear in my heart. I don't know how many years it will take Sanchez to get on the same level as Manning and Brady, if ever. The point is, other teams you mentioned, plus Baltimore, Bengals, and others have excellent QBs. And next year Baltimore could step up, NE could step up, hell even Colts could step up again, Chargers are still strong, Pitts can step up also. It's a brand new year next year. It remains to be seen what exactly the future holds. What's unfortunate is that our future was now. Sanchez played well yesterday. We had #1 defense yesterday. We had 11 point lead yesterday. And we came up short. And that's disappointing.

11. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Our rookie QB played very well yesterday. I don't see how us having a rookie QB had anything to do with blowing 11 point lead. Your point is just not valid. As far as SOJ, let's see what we do next year. Jets were in the same spot in 99, so it's not like we did something this year that SOJ have not done.

12. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

It's Peyton you illiterate retard.

13. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

A lot of you guys are acting like little babies. Yeah we lost in AFC championship. It fucking hurts. But anyone of us would have taken that if we could see into the future back in August/September. This team isn't going to go backwards. They hit the skids midseason and managed to fight their way into the playoffs. As upsetting as yesterday was and still is, I can genuinely say I am excited for what next year brings.

14. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

I agree 100%.

15. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Who gives a shit how to spell his name. Were you able to comprehend the point or it was too much to consume for undersized brain?

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

In 99 we had a 36 year old QB who tore his Achilles. We then had Rick Mirer playing QB for 6 games followed by Lucas for the final nine and still finished 8-8. Then Parcells "retired" at the end of the season which then lead to the Groh, Edwards, & Mangina eras. Rex Ryan isn't going anywhere, nor are Sanchez, Revis, Greene, Harris, and many others. This is a very young team. The 1998 team was quite old in comparison.

17. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree 110%

Even Roethlisberger's rookie year ended at the AFC championship game and he played horrible. Ben passed for 226 yards, 2 TD's and 3 INT's.

Then the very next year was the SB win, that team reminds of this team. Rushing and defense and looked how Ben has evolved since. That experience his rookie year was priceless.

18. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Seriously? This guy.

19. MexJetinBcn

MexJetinBcn New Member

I was being sarcastic chump, but obviously you're not bright enough to get it.
    Nevermind, other posters have already stated the respect we have for your "arguments"

20. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Looks like I overestimated your intellectual ability by calling your brain undersized. If you have anything of value to add, you can start any time now.