"Rex, you talk a lot so talk to the refs," says Colts Safety Melvin Bullitt

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kbsothman, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Sanchez All Day

Sanchez All Day New Member

It really amazes me that with all the penalties..somehow they miss that one...rediculous

2. Jabba

Jabba New Member

I am a Colts fan.

I agree about the Bullett hit. But also as a player that played into college... I can see where he easily could have not know about the handoff. That's what FAKES are right? And Sanchez was hamming it up as a fake. That doesn't mean it shouldn't have been a penalty though.

Talk about cheap shots though... how about the Saint on Favre last night? hit at LEAST 15 times... and several of those were pretty shitty IMO. Most were OK, but there were a few that were bullshit.

If Rex could suit up... he'd have a heart attack in 20 minutes. I really like the guy... but an athlete he ain't.

Jabba

3. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

Of all people to talk we got Melvin bull$hit talking, child please. But in all honesty Rex does talk a big game sometimes and even though I love my jets I just wish he could tone it down just a little bit. melvin bull$hit my a$$.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Again. Who cares about the talk? It's over now.

5. Jabba

Jabba New Member

Bullett played a solid year as a back up. I am a little sad that the Colts let Matt Giordano go to the Packers. He was a little lacking in coverage skills, but was really fast, and brought HUGE lumber when tackling. Can't keep 'em all I guess.

Jabba

6. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

So it's okay for Sexy Rexy and the Jets to talk smack all day long, but not for the Colts? It's a two way street and if you're going to do it, be prepared for the consequences.

The only reason he's considered a backup on the Colts is because he's behind Sanders. That backup would start on your team and most other teams.

The bottom line is the physical Jets O-line met their match against the Colts defense and couldn't run the ball. After the Colts made an adjustment on the blocking, the vaunted Jets blitz failed to produce. The Jets got beat by a better team. One play or lack of a call didn't cost the Jets the game.

7. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

Go Saints.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

i seriously hope to see this guy carted off on a stretcher in the superbowl... some people just deserve it.

9. stanner

stanner Member

when you "open your mouth in the locker room after the win," it's a little different.

anybody can say "see; i told you so." i do it all the time.

10. ukilledkenny

rex said in his first press conference that if you take a swipe at one of ours we will take a swipe at 2 of yours. i guess we will have to wait until the playoffs next year to make good on that promise.

11. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

Am I the only person that thought that was a legitimate hit? Folks the Jets had been running off play action the entire game.

12. stanner

stanner Member

nope. you and melvin bullitt.

13. ukilledkenny

it wasn't a legit hit on favre a few hours later... just sayin.

14. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

I really thought Rex was going HEADHUNTING on Payton after that cheap shot. Thats all I wanted. I would have taken 3 15 yard flags just to hit that little pussy 3 more times. Fucking Pussy team, finess, shotgun...cheap shot pussys

15. One way or another we're always getting screwed.

Whether it be calls against us in games, Revis getting SCREWED out of defensive MVP, or a primetime radio host FROM New york openly rooting against the team.

For whatever reason...Fans hate us, the league hates us and the media hates us.

16. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

There is a difference between talking smack BEFORE the game, and talking smack AFTER the game and after a cheap shot. One is just trashtalk/gamesmanship that happens all the time, the other is just being a dick.

Sorry reality check Bullitt would not start over Rhodes or Leonhard.

No one is saying that the better team didn't win yesterday. But a cheap shot is a cheap shot especially from the "classy" Colts. If that was Manning there would 5 flags on the field.

17. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

Bullett is a dirty player and should have been penalized even if he thought it was real because he was wrong. That was a dirty hit and don't make up excuses for it!

18. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Congrats to the Colts for winning, however our running game only came to a halt after SG went down with an injury, we were getting our game going in the second half, and it was just a matter of time before we wore your defense down.

You guy's did a good job adjusting and picking up our blitzes, I wish Rex had taken a playbook from the Ravens and forced the Colts to dink and dunk to move the ball, we gave up some huge pass plays because of all the blitzing we did and that along with SG going down cost us the game.

19. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If Sanchez tricks him into committing a penalty, it's still a penalty.

20. colts fan

colts fan New Member

Apparently many of you don't understand the "play action fake" rule... If a QB does play action of fake play action and a close hit is made, the hit is legal. The purpose of the play action is to confuse the LB to step up or drop back and draw the attention to the QB. Sanchize initiated it effectively and got pushed from the back. It wasn't a hard hit at all...

Your team couldn't score points and it hurt your defense. The better defense, better running game, better QB, hell the better team won today. Who would have thought the Colts Addai would have a better YPC than both Greene and TJ?

If your team didn't talk shit throughout the week, the Colts would have had nothing to responde to...

The big bad bully got beat up by the smaller person and feelings are hurt...