Jet Fan Reactions to AFC Championship

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FriendlyGiantsFan, Jan 24, 2010.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Except w/ the mets vs. yanks the Mets have to deal w/ the greatest franchise in all of sports. W/ us vs. the giants outside of a fluke 2 years ago we have basically been the same franchises since the early 90s.

2. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

We haven't been to three Super Bowls since the 1990's. We have not been the same franchise as the Giants.

3. nyjunc

Their 2000 SB was a complete joke, the NFC was putrid. They wouldn't have ,made the playoffs in the AFC. Outside of the fluke of '07 we are the same franchise since about 1991.

since 1991(excluding 2007):

playoff apps:

NYJ: 7
    NYG: 7

playoff wins:

NYJ: 5
    NYG: 3

conf title game apps:

NYJ: 2
    NYG: 1

4. Murrell2878

This is a foolish argument. You are seriously making this argument while taking away two LEGITIMATE Super Bowl Championship Years. You said since the 90's and then exclude their 1990 SB Championship and 2007 SB Championship. Why not just eliminate all seasons from 1990-2008.

The facts are since the 1990's began the Giants have been to 3 Super Bowls and have won two. We have not.

5. nyjunc

I wrote since the EARLY 90s, I never mentioned the entire 90s.

6. Murrell2878

Wouldn't 1990 count as the early 90's?

7. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

It's surprising because the anger is directed at a team that has nothing to do with the game that was just played. After losing to a the Ravens in 2000 I didn't have a thought in my head about the Jets, I was too busy inventing new profanities to throw the Ravens' way.

8. FriendlyGiantsFan

We talk after every Jets and Giants game, win or lose or draw. Trust me, if I was calling out of the blue I would fully expect and tolerate any verbal bashings I received.

9. nyjunc

You probably didn't have Jet fans talking crap to you.

10. FriendlyGiantsFan

Awww, does Eli hurt your feewings?

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I haven't thought of the Giants since the regular season.

12. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

You wonder why your friends don't answer your calls....this is a JETS board. You come on here instigating, and then wonder why people have a problem with you. Many people dislike Eli Manning, and that entire family. Deal with it. It's a Jets board, show some respect.

13. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

Oh fuckin spaaaare me... anytime you talk to a Giants fan thats all you hear about the Jets. Stop whining and leave.

14. FriendlyGiantsFan

Are there Giant fans taunting Jet fans about this game? That occurring would add an interesting wrinkle to the situation. Either that or you're annoyed about something that isn't real, but I doubt that's the case.

15. FriendlyGiantsFan

Your first post refers to Eli Manning as a "gigantic douche" but I'm the one who needs to show respect. Take some time away from your coloring books and read my other posts, I'll happily hold a civil discussion with anyone willing to remain respectful and objective. You've shown the ability to be juvenile, contribute nothing to the progression of the discussion, and have shown nothing resembling general intelligence. Why exactly should I respect you?

Besides, I'm too busy enjoying this insulting you.

Oh, and I didn't come on here instigating. I've been here longer than you and have had more meaningful football discussions than you have on this board. Respect your elders!

16. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

It's all Fatcessa's fault

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

You're basing your entire argument on that one phone call to your one Jets fan friend. No one on this board mentioned the Giants at anytime during our playoff run, yet you come here talking about our "inferiority complex".

Personally I think you're the one with issues here, mainly confidence. You want to make yourself feel better by harping on the fact that some Jets fans feel "inferior", thus making the Giants "superior", and satisfying your own lack of confidence.

If the Mets lost the NLCS, and the Yankees didn't make the playoffs, and I went into a Mets thread and asked why Mets fans feel the need to compare themselves to the Yankees, I'd be told to fuck off. And they'd be right.

It's pathetic, really.

18. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

You are a Giants fan. This is a Jets board. Therefore you should show respect for the Jets fans, or go to Bigblue.com or wherever you guys talk. The reason why maybe some Jets fans have some animosity towards Giants fan is this arrogant condescending tone many of you guys have, which I don't totally understand. When the Giants were 5-0, I can't tell you how many cocky Giants fans were booking their trip to Miami.
    And yes, I have no respect for Eli Manning. Sorry, I don't respect someone who cries to their dad about how they don't want to play in San Diego. He could play for any team and I'd think he was a total tool.

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

Read again and you'll see that I'm citing several examples and not just one. I'm hardly harping on anything, I only want to know why a fanbase seems to have a hatred towards another fanbase (which I happen to be a member of) and I posed the question to the board.

FWIW, posts like this are actually pretty informative, albeit unintentionally. I'm guessing some Jet fans just plain don't like the Giants and their fans (I blame Francessa) while others don't really care one way or another but can be angered if it is implied that they should have feelings on the matter.

20. NYMIJ

NYMIJ New Member

You're answering your own question with your replies...