I don't care about a "magical season" or "special run"--I'm still pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyscene911, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

I don't know why Jets fans are so pissed. You backed your way into the playoff, got lucky in the first 2 games and expected to beat Indy at Indy? You need Indy to play like the Chargers last week with all the penalties, miscues, head butt/kicking flags, and turnover to win but Indy didn't do that. The score indicate how it would be if the Jets play against an Elite team. You guys had all the luck in the world this year, don't expect it to continue next year and expect team to let you guys backed into the playoff. A lot of good AFC team came close to going to the PO last year. Steelers will be back.

2. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

being up by 11 means nothing when #18 is at the helm

3. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Were going to have the opportunity to take starters out to let other teams in the playoffs next year

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I don't know . . . I was very dissapointed in the defense and how quickly we gave that lead up . . . but the truth is . . . WE HAVE A GREAT FUTURE AND I'M PROUD TO BE A JETS FAN RIGHT NOW. I'm sorry, I just can't get that down over this.

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The Jets proved they belonged where they were. Indy is elite and rightfully won.

6. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

The Jets playing in a hard division. Until they can prove they can take away the Patriots crown, Jets will have to fight for a WC position. The Dolphins might have found their future in Henne. Steelers will be back next year, as well as Baltimore, Cincy. Houston is on the rise, Jags, Titans and Broncos will also make some noise next year.

I believe the Jets will miss the PO next year.

7. Cribb

Cribb New Member

Emo kids...get over it. How can you NOT be a Jets' fan without knowing and living through pain and anguish year after year after year. This was a fantastic year. I enjoyed every game, including the AFC Championship. Typically this time of year we're well into draft mode. So ease off of the ledge and recognize how fun the ride was this year.

8. typeOnegative13NY

You're not very bright,not at all.

9. perfectpackage99

it's normal to be pissed, but I'm more pissed about seeing ELI MANNINGS FACE, that really pissed me off to see his ugly face in the end of the game. I had already prepared myself for the loss, I was doing well with the possibility, but ELI made me sick.

Secondly, now that Football season is over and my Islanders are defintley not winning the cup this year, my focus goes back to the METS and they make me sick too, honestly, I have lost a lot of love for the METS, going to be a tough year until Gang Green is back in action, going to be a LONGGGGGGGGGGG YEAR.

10. typeOnegative13NY

Thanks for joining to share that info.

11. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

For the first time since 98 as a Jet fan, I went out yesterday and bought a Sanchez T-shirt and was so happy in the first half of the game, but shit went free fall in the 2nd half. I was really into that game and FUCK! It hurts like hell. GOD DAMN IT! I really don't care about Superbowl now. My question is when will be our turn to win a fking Superbowl, I'm sick tired of waiting..............

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I'm optimistic as hell about the future of this team and I was encouraged by what I see from the kid throwing the ball like a champ out there

Having said that, there is nothing in the world that is gonna take the sting away from this loss. Not for a few days at least

13. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

So the way the Jets backed in the PO, got two of the most accurate kickers in history of the NFL to miss 5 FG isn't lucky? I mean seriously, take off your homers glasses and look at reality. Yes the Jets made it this far but clearly playing against Elite team that doesn't shoot them in the foot in every possible way, they got blown out. You think the Steelers won't be back next year? Cincy will only improve next year as well as Baltimore. Houston is on the rise with the Offense they have. Jags, Titans, Broncos, Miami, all the team that missed the PO by a game will be back next year to compete. The Jets won't get the luxury that teams will rest their starters and let them back in the PO next year.

Enjoy the magical season. The Jets shouldn't be in the PO and end up at the AFCCG. That's something to be proud of. Even if the Jets will be back in the PO next year, they won't go far and get lucky next year.

14. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

After Greene went out we witnessed just how finished TJs career is. The game was officially over once he went out. I think loosing bc of an injury hurts worse than anything else.

15. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Why can't Eli manning cheer for his brother in the Superbowl rather in the AFC game against New YORK JETS? I mean he is part of New York too! WTF!

16. Raian-san

Raian-san New Member

If I remember correctly, Eli and Archie was both cheering for Peyton at the '06 SB.

17. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

but that wasnt against new york.

but i dont think that since eli is a giant he should root for the jets.

18. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm pissed that they lost, especially because I realize that these opportunities rarely present themselves..... but your post is correct. The JETS could've won, but the magic ran out and they were beaten by a better team. I'm surprisngly handling this better than expected, but I guess old wounds scar well.

I'm a SAINTS fan for 2 weeks I guess. Their fan base has probaly seen more disappointment than ours.

btw...... :drunk::drunk::drunk:

19. skorol75

skorol75 New Member

Good point by original poster. Saying future is bright doesn't really help right now. We said the same thing is '99. Besides, Colts, Chargers, NE, Baltimore all can say they have bright futures too. Our chance was now. And we were up by 11, while having best defense. Could have been up by even more if not for missed FG. Besides, Sanchez played great already, it's not like we failed because we had a rookie at QB. Mark stepped up and gave us a great chance to win NOW. I sure hope it will take us less that 11 years to get back to AFC Championship game, but you never know. The point is, we had a great chance now, and it hurts to blow it. I just don't buy into "bright future" argument, because many teams can make one. The trick is to march on to next round, while other teams talk about how bright their future is. And we just couldn't get it done. Double digit lead and a 13 point loss. Sounds awfully similar to 1999, doesn't it? I sure was hoping for different outcome this year.

20. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

You guys are stacked for the next few seasons and there's really no way you could have expected to get this far at the beginning of the season. Tough loss to blow an 11 point lead but the Colts definitely seemed like the better team.

The problem with being a fan of a team that contends most years for championships is that you are guaranteed a few losses that leave you feeling like Adrian Peterson ran over your nuts while wearing spikes but I'd take that over "Meh, we suck oh well" any day. AFC East is going to be quite a race next year and I'd say the Jets are the early favorites at this point, can't ask for much more.