I don't care about a "magical season" or "special run"--I'm still pissed

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyscene911, Jan 24, 2010.

1. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Your right, I feel like crap as well to me it only matters if you win it all

2. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

this really really really sucks, i am just so sad

3. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

Sad but true.

Look at the Bears with that great defense they had that lost to the Colts. The Seahawks...The Eagles...
    Look at the Cardinals...Kurt Warner is retiring and I guarantee that franchise doesn't sniff another Superbowl for at least another decade.

You're either lucky enough to have a Manning or a Brady who gurantees you a Superbowl run every year..or you catch lightning in a bottle like the Giants a few years ago. This was our year and we blew it. Our only hope is that Sanchez is another Manning or Brady (and I still have faith he can be.)

4. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

Yeah we had Indy on the ropes...DOUBLE DIGIT LEAD...insane............ I actually believed we'd be in Miami, I was about to check for flights to go down there after the Addai fumble. As usual, we melt down somewhere and we get injured and the other team never gets injured. The Colts are superhuman, they never make mistakes, they never get injured. I HATE that team almost as much as the PATS. We felt optimistic after 1998. We felt optimistic after 2005. How many chances do you get?

5. Varsava

Varsava New Member

There are 28 teams wishing they were in our position tonight. Suck it up, we'll be back next year, bigger and fucking better.

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

This is so true. After around 25 years with this team,i am sick of hearing about next year. Anyone remember 99 and Vinny? We were there,again,and fukin blew it

7. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

I'm optimistic about our future, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with being pissed about our loss tonight. We could have won, but we didn't. Losing sucks.

Just as Parcells said back in early 1999, we can't just start from where we left off. We have to start over. I'm confident that we can make it there again next season.

8. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

schottie threw the offense into reverse in the 2nd half. WTF? You're in the AFC championship!! Air that shit out!! Who cares if we potentially throw picks?

9. AKoffjet

AKoffjet New Member

yea - start over. who we drafting at qb this year? (;

10. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

You had unrealistic expectations. The better team won. We hung for a half, but the Colts were just better. We didn't lose....Peyton Manning won.

Sometimes you can do your best and still lose.

11. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

I just really don't see the point of living like this. If anything less than a super bowl win is going to leave you a frigid wreck of a human being until the next season starts, you're just being unreasonable, no two ways about it.

I enjoyed the hell out of watching this season. A Super Bowl berth would've been tremendous, but acting like you're owed this, or that the players who fought so hard to get there and failed have somehow let you down personally, is idiotic. Things won't always go well for any team. Right now, things are going pretty well for the New York Jets, so I have no sympathy for people who can't find it in themselves to enjoy the game.

There's a very large grey area between the position you reject (The Jets didn't even deserve to be here and shouldn't mind losing) and the one you seem to subscribe to (The Jets must win the Super Bowl or else I cry myself to sleep). It's called being a rational human being. Beating yourself up over a close loss in a championship game is face-painter territory.

The Jets have a good young team. They were good enough to get here, and if things had gone differently they could have moved on to the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, didn't work out. Live with it.

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

good level-headed post, DBJ.

The Jets, by all things taken into consideration, overachieved. Sanchez gained VALUABLE playoff experience and will be even better next season. I'm excited for this team....and damn proud they made it this far in their first year under the Rex Ryan regime.

Sure, we lost tonight....but that's what happens when you have significant injuries against an elite team. I see nothing but positive strides made by the Jets this season.

13. JETFIGHTERS

JETFIGHTERS Active Member

Sanchez is the real deal. He has gained valueable experience as a "rookie" and believe he will win a SB. We got beat by Payton. Revis did his job. Injuries happen. We will build off of what was accomplished today and address the "glaring" weakness at CB opposite Revis. Rex will dump many a player after today, bet on it. I proud that we went to the AFC Championship game with a "rookie" QB a "rookie" RB and a "rookie" HC. Will we get ther next year, who knows. Will Sanchez win a SB absolutely. Most QBs dream of even getting to a playoff games by their 6th or 7th year. Well be back real soon.

14. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I've been living with it for 41 years.

15. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

I agree, yeah it was a great season to be a part of....the playoff run extrodinary..but this league is just soo competitive.

As bright as our future looks there are a bunch of teams right there in the hunt and it's just soo damn difficult to make it to the Championship game.

As proud as i am and glad to have been able to see this team go deep into the playoffs it all really means nothing.

This might be a rant after the loss, but we were just so damn close and now we're right back where we started. ho-hum...this week is gonna blow. sorry for the rant.

16. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You're lucky -- this is my 4th time getting my heart broken, and I'm not including 1981 or 1986.

17. GrogansGhost

GrogansGhost New Member

The farther you go, and fail, the more it sucks.

At least the second game is exciting!
    Favre throws a pic with 30 secs to go!

18. Jetsfan711

Jetsfan711 New Member

I know the loss sucks but we have alot of things to look forward to, great young new QB with a year experience under his belt, great Defense w/ a star CB and a very good safety, Kris and Leon hopefully coming back, new facility, new stadium, greater resepct. Glass is way more than half-full.

In addition, some people don't have a home or family to go home to tonight, no food, no water, no electricty. Be thankful and positive people. :)

19. ........

........ Trolls

The Bears knew going in they had no QB.

The Seahawks have had a terrible injury history with Hasselbeck that has limited their ability to compete year in and year out.

The Eagles were in 4 straight conference championships, and 5 this decade.

We're in a much better position than those first two teams, and if we have the chances that the Eagles had, I guarantee we don't choke away 4 out of 5 games.

20. ........

........ Trolls

This right here is dead on.