Danny Woodhead is one spry mofo out of the backfield

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Darth Vader, Nov 29, 2009.

1. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yes smith does contribute, however he has been looked at on this board as nothing more than a special teamer for a couple years by many posters. my point was that he does contribute but gets little to no credit for it.

i agree completely that he is there for depth and that he is beginning to contribute, i am happy when people contribute... my issue is not with the player it is with the posters.

its the over stated love for a guy who is not as good as he is being made out to be.

2. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

yeah i was talking about welker, there isnt nor has there ever been anyone on the jets that i couldnt stand the way i cant stand welker... i give him credit because he is a very good player but i cant stand him.

sometimes i dont like the things that some guys do but its not that i cant stand them.

3. jdc1055

jdc1055 New Member

For his position on the depth chart and experience as a receiver, he is doing his job as a receiver well. For that matter, if you look at the percentage of catchable balls thrown to him that he catches compared to the percentage of catchable balls thrown to some high paid starters with much better physical attributes, he maybe should be more appreciated by some than he is. I haven't seen anything hit him in the hands (or the face) that he has dropped to my knowledge.

#103 jdc1055, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  4. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Much like the C.S. not stealing Westbrook plays for Washington, there is no excuse to not have 5 or 6 plays that N.E. runs for Welker already in the playbook for Woodhead.

5. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

That Dallas Clark guy is like a white Wes Welker.

He can be tough to stop.

6. 624

624 Banned

He reminds me of Wayne Chrebet and Jim Leonhard.

7. BleedgreenIII

BleedgreenIII Member

He went to to the great Chadron State College...guess who else went their...yep Don Beebe & his 6 superbowl appearances...hopefully he doesn't carry his bad luck though...

8. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

Im all for a better roster BUT woodhead hasnt gotten a real shot in a major game. the only time is he in, its for a screen that the defense knows is coming.. If we put him in a slot position, I feel like he would do a substantial amount of damage..even against the colts.. I know Im very optimistic but GO WOODHEAD!!!

9. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Don Beebe won with the Packers in 1996.

I'll take his only piece of luck

10. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

considering you're name has Woodhead in it. Your post doesn't surprise me.

However the "hasn't been given a fair shot" argument should never be used ever again due to the Kellen Clemens fans.

11. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

I don't want to see Woodhead on the field in the backfield ever again. We have Shonn Greene and Jones, why the fuck would we use Woodhead in this situation?

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Clemens was given his shot and failed miserably.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'd rather see Clowney play, Woodhead is a fumble waiting to happen...

14. EL Kabong

EL Kabong Member

Yeah he cought a couple of passes aganist the Bucs.. Otherwize he has been worthless, he just a scrub..

15. hazmat

hazmat New Member

Because on third and long Jones and Greene are not threats to catch the ball out of the backfield and Woodhead is.

16. denw1973

denw1973 New Member

i am never surprised by the amount of football knowledge some of you don't have....period. woodhead is a fumble waiting to happen? you would rather see jones or greene on third and long?

woodhead has never had questionable hands. greene fumbled often early in the season.

jones and greene's hands are terrible. they are great backs, but everyone has weaknesses. seriously, why do people post if they don't have a clue?

and i agree, people either love or hate woodhead. but, nobody has proof of why they do. he is not horrible or a scrub. do you really think that rex ryan and the jet's staff has him on the active roster as a courtesy spot? the nfl is a business and they don't do things unless they have higher motives. they don't care about hurting player's feelings.

#116 denw1973, Jan 22, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  17. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

How is Woodhead a threat to catch passes? He's caught 3 passes this year?

18. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

1 of them was a beautiful route out of the backfield, looked like Leon and it was for a first down too.

19. dco20

dco20 New Member

Well said.

20. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Woodhead: 8 for 87 yds

B. Smith: 7 for 63 yds

W. Wright: 2 for 21 yds

If you consider it's the first year he's playing WR he hasn't done that bad. In the games he's seen more action as a reciever:

vs Carolina 2 for 23

vs TB (Clemens) 3 for 35

vs ATL 2 for 21

On average he's gotten a first down every time he caught the ball.

Honestly I don't remember him dropping it once. He needs to develop as a route runner and as WR in general but you can't say he's let the team down! When called into action he always contributed.