Statistically the COLTS are in Trouble

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Jan 21, 2010.

1. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Joseph Addai's 3.8 ypc is successful? The teams 3.5ypc as a whole?

As for your last comment, the saints did pretty well in both...

2. freebo

freebo New Member

Maybe you didn't read my last post.

I am going to put this bigger so everyone reads it:

I don't think stats tell the whole story. I believe plays are made for situations and the stats don't always reflect the execution.

For instance, we run the ball on 3rd and 1 a lot. We might only get 2 yards on that play and it might be 1 of only 17 times we run the ball that day.

The stat will show below 4.1 average, but the execution was flawless.

3. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

And the Jets don't? They probably run more 3rd and shorts than any team in the NFL. I think it is going to be a close game with a TD deciding it either way. I hate when the Jets defense and running game gets no respect.

4. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting that the Colts are the only team in the NFL that runs on 3rd and 1 a lot? Every team in the NFL does that so the averages of every team are effected the same way the Colts is.

wow.

5. freebo

freebo New Member

Is that what you really took away from what I said? Really? Wow is right!

We run the ball on average 22 times a game. 2 or 3 of those runs are short yardage plays. When we pick up the first down by running for 2 yards then it skews the average, because we don’t run much to begin with. It doesn’t mean we can’t run the ball. We choose to run the ball when we do.

Also subtract from those 22 rushes a game that one or two of them are usually from Peyton in the victory formation and it skews it even more.

6. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I stopped reading there.

7. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

You guys crack me up. You're letting Sexy Rexy affect your thinking. How does explaining the Colts mindset concerning their run philosophy dis the Jets run game or the run defense?

Most every Colts troll on here has acknowledged multiple times the Jets have a great running game and the Jets have a great defense. However, when a Colts fan tries to give their point of view you act like whatever the Colts have done or do doesn't matter and is an insult. If that were the case, the Jets would be undefeated right now.

#67 IndyColts1, Jan 21, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  8. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

Why don't I believe you?

9. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

Thats a good idea--we don't need lessons from the undead. :up:

10. Sanchez2KellerFTW

Jets gotta D up on Peyton...I think if the jets can manage to put up 21 points we're in good shape....I don't see them giving the Colts 17+

11. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Unless you're going to provide some kind of evidence that the ratio of colts 3rd and short run plays to other run plays are significantly greater than other NFL teams than you have no point.

And WTF does Manning taking a knee have to do with your running backs shitty YPC?

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

haha freebo, cmon terrible arguments...EVERY team runs for short yardage runs...the Jets especially do as well and their ypc doesn't suffer. the colts just arent a great running team, didnt jim caldwell say as much the other day?

13. freebo

freebo New Member

Donald Brown had around a 6 yard average before those last two games (no blocking at all with our backups). Simpson is over 6 yards per carry.

You're cherry picking stats.

14. freebo

freebo New Member

Of course every team does, but when you guys run the ball 35+ times a game and we only run it 22 times a game then a 2 yard gain is going to hurt our average more than it would yours. It's simple math.

15. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

If we had similar run games statistically we'd be more likely to have more 2 yard gains that you due to running the ball more.

16. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Against the Colts this year we are undefeated.

17. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Simple math is teams play the Jets and defend the run with a stacked box. Teams defend the Colts with Nickle and dime packages or blitzes. The opportunity for big uncovered runs with a limited amount of runs should equate to a high YPC but it doesn't. The truth is your running game sucks.

18. freebo

freebo New Member

We will see won't we?

I bet you walk away from this weekend with a different perspective of the Colts as a team.

19. freebo

freebo New Member

It's not like we spread the field out or anything. It's amazing to me that people don't even know what we are doing on offense. Opposing teams do because they game plan for it, but opposing fans are clueless as to what kind of offense we run.

I am not even going to tell you. I want to see if you really understand our offense. You tell me what kind of offense we run. What do you know about it?

20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

You are doing the same....

Brown has only had two games this year with over 6ypc. One of them he had two total carries.