Email Kiss of Death

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CMart28, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Read my second paragraph.

It's called reading comprehension. So why don't you get over yourself instead?

2. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Says the team with most wins in last decade and most disappointments in the postseason as well. How many times has SD or NE burst your bubble now?

3. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

Come on man reasoning does not apply to jets fans. If we were reasonable people we would have left this team in the dust after the first 500 times they broke our hearts, but we didn't. And we are here now and should do everything possible to avoid hurting our chances at advancing.

Come on woody get your head out of your ass!

4. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

I did read it, and you are predicing the Colts will win. Which I guess is ok for Colts fans, but not for Jets fans.

BOOM!

HEADSHOT!!

5. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

What evidence are you pointing to in arriving at this conclusion? Who is this "everyone" you speak of? What have you read that gives you a read on the current attitude of the Jets? It sounds like you're just making stuff up right now.

6. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Enough times that I know a win is never a forgone conclusion until the clock reads "4th Qtr 0:00".

My point was that most Colts fans are going to yell, and stomp around for a couple of days if the Colts lose. But I think if the Jets lose it's gonna hurt a lot more from all the big talk i've heard coming out of the lockerroom and the podium.

You'd never hear the Colts disrespect a team the way the Jets have disrespected the Colts this week.

7. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, sports viewership and allegiance has nothing to do with reason, it is an emotional, social and identity activity, so not winning does not lead to abandoning the team because your identity is already intertwined.

again, an email has zero influence on what happens on the field and thus has zero affect on the team's chances?

8. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

What have the Jets said or done? Most trash talk I've read or seen is Rhodes saying we can rattle Manning.

Me personally I'm just glad we're here and its been one hell of a ride this season is a great sign of things to come. We lose I'm fine as long as we make a game of it don't want to go out like a lot of the other teams in a blowout.

9. VinnyTbags

VinnyTbags New Member

Who is this joker that visits a Jets fan forum and lectures us on how to root for our team? I am proud of how the Jets fans on this site have conducted themselves. Everyone has been pretty respectful of our opponents including the all-powerful colts. We're just jazzed to see our team playing the way we've always hoped it would. So go home Indiana Jones and worry about your own team on your own forum. Heck you should be worried, cause the Jet's are coming sucka!

10. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

What the F are you talking about? What have you heard in regards to the team disrespecting the Colts? They're confident, not out of their minds.

In regards to how Jets fans will feel if we lose, if they are anything like me they will just still be proud as hell of what this team accomplised, against all odds, this season.

Colts fans will be jumping off bridges.

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

By the way, you want to know what you will see on this board should the Jets lose?

Threads that say stuff like "Rookie QB, rookie HC, not a bad season"

But of course, I hope I am reading about everyone's Super Bowl Jet parties.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

how does fan expectations affect how the team plays -- they are completely independent. if your wife expects you to have a good day at work, does your performance suffer? of course not if you aren't an imbecile. if you are, perhaps you do go to work with a big head thinking you can do no wrong because your wife thinks you are perfect.

what would be the point of watching the game if you didn't expect your team to win? if I thought they were going to lose, I'd skip it and save myself the disappointment. if the Jets don't win, I'll deal with the disappointment then, but I'm not going to live in fear at the possibility and temper my attitude and enjoyment leading up to the game to possibly dampen the disappointment afterwards. but one thing I am certain is that my attitude certainly isn't going to affect how Green runs, Mangold blocks, Revis covers, Scott tackles and Rex coaches come Sunday. I have the intelligence to know that my actions have zero affect on the game since I am in no way involved in it whatsoever beyond mere spectator.

13. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

This is reminiscent of the 2003 ALCS when, during Game 7 the Red Sox had the brilliant idea to paint the 2003 World Series logo on the Fenway turf. Snakebitten teams should not anger the sports Gods.

14. CMart28

CMart28 New Member

Well said. I try to tell myself that my actions dont matter but I am very superstitious. Its a fault and I know it.

But no matter what happens this weekend I consider this season a success. It was full of ups and downs but I love the direction this team is heading

15. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

haha neither the jets fans nor the team (which is what matters) are taking the colts for granted.

16. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

The Jets have said nothing but positive things about the Colts. Don't know what you're talking about to be honest.

17. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yes.......

18. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Please provide links with specific examples. I have not seen one single thing said by the Jets all week, that could even be considered close to being disrespectful of the Colts. In fact, they have been extremely reverent - for the Jets anyway.

19. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I've seen adverts for the Colts stuff on sports sites.

Probably not the Colts advertising but it's there.

20. raphac

raphac New Member

Actually they do< I was reading a colts board and people were talking about how they ordered there AFC champs gear and I thought they were getting cocky, but it must be so they know how much to print up maybe?