Same Old....Colts?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets_fan_in_fishtown, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

I don't know if you've been paying attention for the past two seasons, but Bob Sanders has turned out to be pretty terrible. And Kelvin Hayden's good, but not great.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

aren't the braves the buffalo bills of MLB

3. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

We are not a running team, we are pass first and use the run as a decoy. We have 2 very good RB who can get yards. When you have the passing weapons the Colts do, which is 4-5 possible ball catchers each play, you are going to pass.

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

same old colts sound better than same old Jets. Seems like they are in the AFC championship all the time.

5. Ghost50

Ghost50 Well-Known Member

Very impressive

Year Record Finish (Regular / Post Season)
    2009 14-2-0 1st -- AFC South 1-0 - Advanced to Conference Championship
    2008 12-4-0 2nd -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs
    2007 13-3-0 1st -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
    2006 12-4-0 1st -- AFC South 4-0 - Won Superbowl
    2005 14-2-0 1st -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
    2004 12-4-0 1st -- AFC South 1-1 - Lost Divisional Playoffs
    2003 12-4-0 1st -- AFC South 2-1 - Lost Conference Championship
    2002 10-6-0 2nd -- AFC South 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs
    2001 6-10-0 4th -- AFC East --
    2000 10-6-0 2nd -- AFC East 0-1 - Lost Wild Card Playoffs

6. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Funny, until David Harris was drafted, we used to say the same thing about our 2nd round picks. Pretty much everyone from Dorian Boose to Kellen Clemens didn't do too well (I think Lamont Jordan was our best 2nd rounder from that 8-year period).

I actually think Peyton will have some success early, the Jets will adjust and will stop him for a while. The question is, can he adjust again and come back in the 4th? I think that's what it'll come down to.

7. INDY 39

INDY 39 New Member

No arguing we have been a sub par playoff team except in 2006 when we won it all FINALLY. I say FINALLY because come on we have had such regular season successthat the playoff flame outs were getting old. I know that can sound spoiled but the playoffs are what it's about.

If COLTS get up a couple of scores it will be hard for the JETS to win if the JETS do what they did against the CHARGERS stay close keep pounding the ball frustrate Manning then this will be trouble for the COLTS and could be a JETS win.

8. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

www.manningface.com

If we get to see that on Sunday, we're going to the Super Bowl.

9. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

This is what most Colt fans here do not get. Defense stops offense in the playoffs. Good pitching stops hitting in the playoffs.

There are two questions. Is the Jet defense elite enough to stop them? So far...so good. There is no doubt our pass defense is on the elite level. What exactly do we have to sacrifice to get pressure on Manning from that pass defense. If we had the star pass rusher on our line this would be a no brainer..and it will be next year.

Question number two..is our offense at least good enough to score 20-24 points. I believe over 60 minutes with the smaller yet quicker Colt defense it is.

10. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Great...

if this game was in NY I would say you might be correct. But this game is at the Luc, on turf with our crowd. Our O has the potential of making your defense be so tired by the 4th quarter do to not being able to make changes and such that we put 14-17 pts up in that quarter. No your offense is not good enough to put up 20-24 pts, what leads you to believe this, why didn't your offense put up those type of numbers in the first meeting when half the game was vs. our B team?

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

SOC!

That sounds catchy enough.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Imagine we played the SD game w/ the same circumstances. They lead 7-3 midway through the 3rd and tale their starters out, everyone would say we had no chance, that they would wear us down, blah, blah, blah but we played the game and we won. The same thing might have happened in Indy, we don't know? You guys were tioon gutless to go for an undefeated season but that was your problem not ours although hopefully it will be your problem this week.

13. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

No we recognized that the game ment nothing, that it in no way improved our chances of winning the SB and allowed us to rest a number of injuried players and reduce the opportunity to rest others so that we are now at 100% health in the playoffs, something the jets are not and will be a factor in the game.

14. jaywayne12

I dont know..maybe I believe this because we put up 24 against the Bengals and were shut out in the first half against the Chargers and put up 17. The Bengal defense is much better against the run then the Colts defense.

Im not sure where you are going with this if you plan on using facts.

Yes you are home...but..fact...so were the Chargers and so were the Bengals.

And another thing...you Colt fans have a set of balls on you the way you dismissed the Chargers as a good team all of a sudden. Then won their games in a much more convincing manner than the Colts did all year long.

Be careful..if we beat you..chances are it will not be because we are good..its will be written that you guys too, were overrated. Thats a fact.

#34 jaywayne12, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  15. nyjunc

It's ok to rest guys that are banged up but it's asinine to treat it like a preseason game. They had a chance for history but were toos cared to go for it and considering they have rested guys numerous seasons before and it's never worked you would think they would have tried something new.

16. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

The objective of every NFL team is to do what? Win the Superbowl. The idea of resting players once the No. 1 playoff slot was secured has been what the Colts have done this entire decade. So pulling our starters against the Jets and Bills ins't shocking. As for "hurting" us in the playoffs, in the past it has, but after the dominating performance aganist a team equal to the Jets this past weekend shows the Colts are ready to play.

17. nyjunc

Dominating? You think that was a dominating performance? You got home cooking w/ some awful calls, Flacco was hurt and you still only won 20-3. There wasn nothing domianting about hat and the Jets are better than Baltimore. Our QB is playing better, our OL is better, our D is better. You guys may still win, you are favored for a reason but we'll put up a better fight than Baltimore did and if you expect to win you'll need to play alot better than you did vs. Baltimore.

18. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

OMG...your kidding right? Baltimore could do nothing, they scored 3 pts on their first series and did nothing the rest of the night. We shut down their running game (a running game very similar to the Jets) and we caused havoc throughout the game. You guys won on luck, you dominated nothing and advanced due to a idiot kicker. Please put the kool-aid down....

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Don't forget about the Colts defense, I think both defenses will keep the game close, it's going to come down to turnovers and scoring at least 20 points.

I don't think the Jets can keep up with the Colts offensively, this could be 23-13 Colts.

Not the same old Colts.

20. jaywayne12

Did you think the Jet could keep up with the Chargers? Let me guess..yes would be the answer.

The Colt defense is a smaller yet quicker defense. The kind of defense you can run against late. If the Jets keep it close they could win.

You are correct..this isnt the same ole Colts...their offense puts much less points on the board.