Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Maybe...

So it was Sanchez fault that the O line allowed Freeney through twice untouched? Wow what an O line. If the Jets O line is so superior, how come the Jets only put up 3 pts vs our A defense in the first meeting and even worse only put up 7 pts at home vs. the Falcons?

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

His 9 yard run came 5 minutes into the second half, not 4th quarter. His 20 yard run came on a 2nd and 3, not exactly a prevent defense type of play.

Ravens had 12 carries for 43 yards in the first Half (3.6 YPC). Not terrible for a team that was committing stupid penalties.

Ravens had 7 attempts for 44 yards in second half. Thats 19 attempts in total. Jets won't pass 35 times and run 19 times. They will pass maybe 20 times and run it 35-40 times.

Why are the Colts favored? Home game, Manning and his passing attack, and a 15-2 record. Remember, Chargers were favored for the exact same things - Home game, Rivers-VJ-Gates, and an 11 game win streak. We all know what happened there. (please don't give me the Nate Kaeding BS)

3. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

truth is....

The facts are what they are...

4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Here are your answers ... in the ATL game, we were in the red zone 4 times and came away with 0 points (missed FG, Blocked FG, Mishandled snap on FG attempt, 15 yd personal foul call after a completion inside the 20) ... a minimum of 12 and maximum of 16 points left on the field.

In the INDY game we only had 3 pts against your "A" guys because you got them safely out of the way just as we were about to steamroll over them like we usually do in the 2nd half of games... so we steamrolled over your "B" guys instead to the tune of 202 yards rushing. There's no way to tell what would have happend ... so let's see what happens on Sunday. I expect us to run for big yardage against a small defense and score in the 20's.

5. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Excuse me? Which adjustment? Seeing Freeney sack him unblocked? Freeney was a monster in that game, just not when he was being blocked. Not saying Freeney isn't good. He is, but D'Brick isn't exactly a slouch either. I think D'brick gave up 2 sacks all season long.

Agreed on the OL comment. Colts have a very good OL. However, they are not the best in the league. They can not run the ball when they need to. Jets OL? They gave up one sack in the last 4 games. We all know by now about their run block. Are they the best in the league? One can definitely make the case.

6. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Hahaha. I knew you would say it. Nate makes one FG and the whole outcome of the game changes. Fact is, Chargers failed on two FGs (57 yarder? c'mon). Fact is, Colts fairy tale regular season was ended by the Jets. Now their fairytale post season may be ended by the Jets again.

7. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

I don't count the 57 yarder. But missing two from inside 40? You'd expect him to make at least one of those.

And you're right, if he did make one everything from that point forward changes.

BTW, I was hoping for the Chargers to get the ball back, drive into FG postion and have him shank another.

Pure gold.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

They did put up 37 against Cincy in the finale. Yeah yeah injuries bla bla bla. 38 against Oakland? 24 vs. Texans? 24 Titans? 27 Miami? 25 Miami? You better hope we don't reach 20 cuz if we do, you wont.

9. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

:lol: I like Nate so Im glad he wasn't in that situation again. You really don't want to see that happen to anyone...unless its division rival or an EX-division rival :lol:

10. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Minimum of 12 and a maximum of 28. 4 TDs.

11. IndyColts1

IndyColts1 New Member

I don't think the Colts O-line is the best overall or rush blockers at all. They are the best at pass protection. I would expect the amount of sacks to be low since the Jets don't pass much and when they do it looks from what I saw they like to roll him out to help him.

One of your Jets buddies is the one who cliams Sanchez failed to make an adjustment. D-Brick is good, but Freeney is one of the two premier DE's in the league with Allen. I would compare D'Brick to Mathis. Outstanding and underrated.

12. DisgruntledLionFan

DisgruntledLionFan Active Member

Have you seen the Cromartie/Green .gif/tweet?

Talk about soft.

13. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

yes, the 2 Freeney sacks were missed checks by Sanchez, not the O line......not taking anything away from Freeney because he's a great speed rusher, but in that game, those were the facts

14. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I stopped with the first couple sentences. No offense..but that shows a little lack of knowledge with Playoff history.

To say "yeah your defense is very good..but our offense is better then your defense" doesnt make sense. That like saying a great hitting baseball team will defeat a very good pitcher.

If the Jets truly have a very good defense...that can...MAY...shut down a very good offense and it does most of the time.

Hey...the Colts should be favored because of your qb..and only your qb...which is huge dont get me wrong. We slow him down we win the game..we dont...we lose.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Good post. And I agree that while the Colts OL isn't the best in the NFL, it's one of the best at protecting its QB.
    I haven't watched all of their games, but I'll venture to guess that they emphasize the gravity of their passing game over every other element of the Offense, so they devote everything to making sure the pass-protection is elite.
    You also have to factor in that Manning is so great at reading the pre-snap D, as well as digesting it post-snap, that he decides and gets rid of the ball before any pressure can be applied.

16. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Now that is funny...

Fact is you only scored 7 pts against a sub average Falcons. Fact is you were being manhandled by the Colts until we put in the scrubs. Our D may be small, but it is fast and hits hard...ask the Ravens and Ray Rice (better back then either guy you have).

17. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

No...

no their "fairytale" regular season was ended by Jim Caldwell. He did the one thing the Jets D couldn't do and that was shut down Peyton Manning.

18. indy4192

indy4192 Banned

Buzz...wrong again

Lets go to the review board again...BUZZZZZ wrong answer, the responsibility to protect the QB is the O line, they didn't do their job. But Nice try....:up:

19. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

We've discussed those two plays on this board and if you search it, you'll discover what happened.

20. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

And you are wrong again. Rex addressed it several times after the game. The replay of both sacks were played over and over and Rexs explanation was dead on.

Sanchez screwed up. dbricks roll was to take the guard and Sanchez call was to keep a back in to slow up Freeney for a quick slant...twice. He beat nobody twice. Good for him..thats what he should do.

It was Sanchez fault..and Rex said this pretty much exact "that line call that caused us two sacks has been ripped out of the playbook never to be used again against anybody". I heard it on SNY LIVE after the game.