apparantly mark sanchez will be the second comming of Jamarcus Russell

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bucknasty, Jan 19, 2010.

1. JetsFan2004

JetsFan2004 Member

This article is a joke. The writer clearly picked only certain QBs that had horrible first year stats and failed in the NFL. He completely disregarded QBs who had horrible first year stats but had good NFL careers.

2. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

this, you cant just compare ages. plus, russell had also started for two years in college while sanchez started barely one ... and, russell actually had a pretty good second year, comperable to matt ryans second year. is matt ryan headed for a similar third year to russell? no!

its been widely reported that russell rested on his semi-successful second year and came into camp fat, out of shape, and with no commitment to his craft ... that is NOT mark sanchez

3. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

The main problem with the analysis is it looks at season totals, ignoring that Sanchez has improved substantially since the Atlanta game.

4. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan New Member

Between ESPN's distain for the Yankees and the lack of respect they give the Jets, their credibility with me has been diminishing steadily for over a year now. It's ridiculous.

5. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

They are trying to rain on our parade. Regardless of what any of these "analysts" say we will know for ourselves in 3-5 years. Most of us can agree he has good mechanics and he has the tools to succeed. Whether he does or not, only time will tell. Myself, after watching him this year and how he has progressed, I feel like we have a real gem here and I will be patient while he matures. The most telling detail was how he handled himself in such a big game after the pick. Its like it never happened...its unreal how much he has matured over the last month.

6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

WORST article ever. Jamarbust is a pathetic quarterback, he has ZERO pocket awareness, and has gradually gotten worse. It doesn't even seem like this guy TRIES to get better.
    I have never even seen Jamarbust LOOK like he wanted to win, where as Dirty is always fiery. Retarded article..

7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

This was ghost wriiten by Francessa.

8. joejets1

joejets1 Member

i don't pay attention to these articles. A lot of his picks are thrown out of frustration. A lot of times when he gets called on to pass, either his WRs are not getting open, which i doubt, or the playcalling by Brian Schottenheimer is terrible. I still don't know why they want this guy back. He has done an awful job of developing quarterbacks and the best part of this offense isn't coached by him. Bill Callahan designs all the runs and calls most of them.

9. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Russell 3rd year Russel missed 3-4 games I think
    SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    2009 120 246 1287 48.8 5.23 86 3 11 33 50.0

Sanchez
    1st year
    SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
    2009 196 364 2444 53.8 6.71 65 12 20 26 63.0

this speaks for itself

10. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

These articles are great, when will people learn. No one is giving the Jets any respect, credit, or remote chance of going anywhere. What else is new? Just how the Jets like it, underestimated and ready to pound you into a bruised and bloody pulp

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

You know what forget getting respect. I like being the under dog, and when we will win it all I hope everybody just complains and makes up excuses for why the team are the Champs.

12. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Obviously Mike Fatcessa has a side gig with ESPN now-

13. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

I could be wrong as I don't follow the Jets on a weekly basis, but from what I've seen Mark Sanchez's attitude and work ethic remind me a lot of Brett Favre. I think he'll be around for years to come and will only get better with age.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We can only hope. :)

But then, BSPN thinks otherwise...

15. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

Good thing your career isnt based on what someone else says it will be... I personally think alot of those sports writers are jealous deep down inside they wanted to be an athlete professionally and never made it so now all they do is look for an opening to bash someone.

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Sanchez has many of the visible characteristics of Favre: he's enthusiastic almost to a fault after a big play, he moves around a lot in the pocket to give himself time, he carries the ball like a loaf of bread - in one hand - while doing so, he throws the ball into a crowd often when he'd be better off taking a sack or throwing it away. His ego on the playing field is very strong and he tries to be the center of the offense on as many plays as he can.

The Jets spent a good part of the middle of the season trying to dial Sanchez back without handcuffing him, and that did not work. Once they put the handcuffs on they got the results they had been trying to get all along. This was not totally Sanchez fault. Schotty gave huge mixed messages all through the middle part of the season, calling lots of second half pass plays in both Miami games and the Buffalo game, he called a bomb on the opening play at Jacksonville, etc. Once the messages became consistent then Sanchez settled down and the Jets took flight.

Moving forward I hope that Sanchez play does rise somewhere near the level of Brett Favre's because that would be a very good franchise QB to match up with Rex Ryan's defense.

17. Indiana_Jones

Indiana_Jones New Member

Good read. Thank you.

I think most offensive coordinators are loathe to open up the playbook to rookies, but I really think Sanchez is one of those guys that can benefit from learning from his own mistakes. I don't think your team would be in the position they are in now if they hadn't handcuffed him as you say.

It'll be interesting to see what happens next year. Personally I'd love to see yall replace the Patriots as the top threat in the AFC East. I'd rather have you as rivals in the playoffs because it would be a rivalry of respect, and not abject hatred. At least for me personally :grin:. I get the feeling the Colts players hate Rex Ryan's attitude because he's the antithesis of Caldwell.