Fan gets arrested for doing JETS chant at Qualcomm Stadium

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Poeman, Jan 18, 2010.

1. thiruvil

thiruvil New Member

I've heard reports that someone threw something but I didn't hear or see anything. I believe the confusion was related to the wheelchair lady incident. By the way everyone I'm a Giants Fan and if anyone would have it out for this guy it would be me.

2. bushwicktarheels

bushwicktarheels New Member

Hope the Jets organization see this and gets the guy some free tix to Indy game.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

did you reach out to that radio station that asked you to come on?

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Is he related to Ty?

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

let's hope the guy gets arrested again, it's a winning formula.

6. GreenMatt14

GreenMatt14 Member

Hopefully this guy even knows that there is a youtube video.. doubtful that he does

7. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I just saw the video on fox news, so it'll eventually get around to him

8. thiruvil

thiruvil New Member

They are trying to find the guy still. Sounds like the news agencies are getting the run around by the San Diego Police Dept. on getting any details around the arrest and sending them to voicemail.

9. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There was probably no arrest at all. he was probably held and released(outside of the stadium)

10. backtoshea

backtoshea New Member

Hopefully you will step up and give the NY radio station an interview because the truth is obviously not getting out.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/19/jetsarrest/

11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

#371 typeOnegative13NY, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. The Mak

The Mak New Member

BUMP.

Turn on the Channel 4 NBC news NOW, they're gonna have a story on this incident coming up.

edit: Nevermind, they didn't know what the fuck was going on either. Awesome investigative journalism WNBC. Scintillating.

#372 The Mak, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  13. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

yeh nbc and fox showed the video a little and talked about it. atleast its getting more attention

14. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

i hope this gets resloved

15. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

"San Diego police beg to differ. Assistant Chief Bob Kanaski said Carroll was arrested for suspicion of public intoxication and delaying or obstructing a police officer in his duties."

to translate that means the cops fucked up so they found some bullshit to charge him with

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Key word is "Suspicion" If he was drunk wouldn't they have just said public intoxication? Sounds to me that based on the article the SD Police are trying to cover thier own asses after being outed as thugs.

There is nothing in the video even the begining before that suggests he's drunk... why? Because he was loud and obnoxious he was drunk? Like I stated I'm loud and vocal at games and I don't drink at games. Oh and is it a coincidence that it was an off duty cop that texted his buddies? Stadium security was never even involved... I think this cop was just like a said in an earlier post. Just some whiney bitch who was bitter that his team full of loudmouths was silenced by the Rexcutioner.

17. thiruvil

thiruvil New Member

Trying to be unbiased but I don't think they would have even approached him if he was a chargers fan. No one even talked to the lady in the wheelchair cause she was a chargers fan and she smacked the Jets guy and was calling the other Jets fan bitches.

#377 thiruvil, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  18. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

hey guys check out this article on the issue. Has a lot of good details.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/jan/19/jetsarrest/

The video, which was also posted on news sites and blogs, was accompanied by headlines such as “Jets fan arrested for liking Jets too much” and “San Diego cops arrest Jets fan for cheering his team.”

Even The New York Post wrote: “Jets fan arrested in San Diego for no apparent reason.”

San Diego police beg to differ. Assistant Chief Bob Kanaski said Carroll was arrested for suspicion of public intoxication and delaying or obstructing a police officer in his duties.

“It had nothing to do with cheering, it had to do with the behavior not seen on the film,” Kanaski said Tuesday.

The 3 1/2 minute video shows a man in a green Jets shirt, identified by police as 43-year-old Carroll of Mission Viejo, chanting “Jets, Jets, Jets” with upraised arms facing the crowd in the stands. About 12 seconds into the video, edited footage jumps to four police officers surrounding Carroll, trying to handcuff him as he struggles. This is punctuated by shouts of “Attica” and boos from the crowd. One man repeatedly yells: “He didn’t do anything.”

19. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

After a little more than two minutes Carroll is finally handcuffed and carried out in a prone position. There is a smattering of applause while others continue to heckle the officers.

Kanaski, who heads up the department’s special operation unit, said Carroll was booked into county jail on the two misdemeanor charges.

He said officers went to talk to Carroll after being notified via text message from an off-duty police officer at the game who said the Jets fan was intoxicated and out of control.

A sergeant asked Carroll three times to accompany him out of the stands but he refused. Kanaski said at one point Carroll tried to head butt one of the officers. When the fan balled his fists and took a stance, the sergeant began to handcuff him, Kanaski said. That is where the video picks up again.

ok this part proves he was getting thrown out for just cheering for the team and refused to leave. Fucking piece of shit cops. and dont say its cuse he was drunk, 60% of the stadium was prolly drunk.

20. Out for the Season

Out for the Season New Member

I have cops in my family too, 2 uncles and a cousin to be precise, but I have to say that NOT ALL but MOST cops are pigs and they tend to abuse.

Where I live we have a really big crime problem and they do not care, all they do is f*ck up normal people, people that doesn't really have any criminal record at all.

In these last few years the man slaughter crimes have been tripled, and why? because they recruit policemen from the worsts parts of the city, and they offer them to delete all of their criminal records. All we get of this is that 12 to 17 year olds are being killed in the streets.

There are good guys in the force though, but my own uncles can tell which ones are and which ones aren't.