Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I believe the Jets already beat a 14-0 Colts team in Indianapolis 29-15.

I heard this crap about the Chargers all week. It's nonsense. We're going to punch you in the mouth over and over again. Can your smallish defense hold up? Will your offense put up enough points to get us out of our game? If the answer is yes to either question, you'll win. But if the answer is no to both, then the Jets have a damn good chance and can definitely pull it out.

2. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Oh, come on. You were doing so well.

Then you resorted ancient history. From what I've read from you, that is uncharacteristic.

You were better off using relevant, i.e. recent, history, like what happened this season.

Don't go blowing your credibility like that.

3. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Sure they did.

Thanks for using our QB as your avatar. It's fun to see your fantasy on display.

4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Well, when your argument is simply, "We're better, and we're at home," it's impossible to argue with that. We know the Colts are better. If we think the Jets are going to win, we think it's because the Jets are going to exploit certain matchups and be the better team for three hours.

5. chad2coles

chad2coles Well-Known Member

Sorry, who have the Colts beaten this year? The Cardinals, the Patriots, and the Ravens twice.

The Jets beat the Chargers, the Patriots, the Colts, and the Bengals twice.

What the Colts did against the Seahawks, Rams, Titans, Texans, and Jaguars doesn't mean anything now, just like it doesn't matter that the Jets were 7-7 before they beat the Colts.

6. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

That's a fine argument based on a team that lost seven games it wanted to win.

Great job, kid.

EDIT: The AFC South is far better than the East. Accept it.

7. marcusthetruth

marcusthetruth New Member

It's obvious Colts fans have a complex with Pats fans. Pretty soon they are gonna have a complex with Jets fans

8. chad2coles

The only aspect of the game that the Colts are better than the Jets at is passing the ball. It's a huge advantage, but I'll take the Jets defense, running game, and special teams.

9. Jet-Tastic

Jet-Tastic New Member

The Jets can not turn the ball over in this one. And they are going to have to put some serious pressure on Manning.

Jets take lead 27-13 in 4th quaarter, Colts drive down field and score a TD, but Jets run the clock out just like last week:manning:

27-20 Jets:jets:

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Exactly (though special teams is a bit questionable).

The Jets are playing MUCH better and with a lot more confidence than we did when we played you the first time. And even that was just a 5 point game.

11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The Colts got their TD in the 1st quarter off of great field position after the Jets inexplicably asked Mark Sanchez to throw the ball three times in a row starting from their own 5 yard line. That was just a stupid set of downs that lead to a short field for the defense.

They had one other good drive against the Jet's D in the first half that lead to a FG.

The drive at the start of the second half was legitimate, but really there's no reason to believe they would have repeated that again. They might have, but then again the Jets defense might have created a turnover and swung things the other way.

This game rests largely on how stupid or smart the Jets are on offense. If they come out throwing on some silly notion that the Jets need to, or can, compete with Peyton Manning and the Colts in a wide-open game then they deserve to lose because the Jets do not need to, nor can they compete with the Colts in that kind of contest.

If the Jets had started running the ball on their 5 yard line on their first possession of the game instead of throwing the ball they might well have gotten a few first downs and not given the Colts the ball at midfield for their second possession. The Jets had a bad habit this season of handing the opponent a score early, almost free, and then trying to overcome that. That habit has been largely broken at this point because the Jets have not asked Sanchez to throw the ball a lot early in the game.

There are no tricks the Jets can pull to get a quick score early in the game. Even if they could that wouldn't do anything particularly positive for their chances to win because it likely would not be repeatable.

The way to beat the Colts is to come out and dictate to them on the ground. Run right at Dwight Freeney a half dozen times in the first quarter and let Faneca bruise him up some. That's the best chance to take him out of the game and make him less of a factor later on. When they're not doing that they should go off tackle to the right and let Faneca pull around and smash somebody on that side. The man is a weapon in the run game and he thrives on smashmouth football. The Jets should just be doing that all first quarter and chewing up as much of the clock as they can.

Yes, the Colts defenders are fast. The answer to that is to make physicality more important than speed. Offensive linemen love drive-blocking because it lets them put hits on people. Every time a lineman blocks somebody he is putting a hit on them, frequently with somebody else helping him out.

Ok, then after the Colts D has been softened up the Jets can start with play-action and see how the pass rush is after the meat has been tenderized some.

And yes, this formula could lead to 7-0 Colts at the half. Maybe even 10-0. If the Jets have been wearing down the Colt's trench in the process they'll do just fine after halftime, just like they have for most of the season.

#231 Br4d, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. INDY 39

INDY 39 New Member

Of course as a COLTS fan I think we can win. I was screaming like crazy for the JETS yesterday. I hate Rivers and I'm glad the JETS shut him up and I believe we match up better with the JETS. Chargers have given the COLTS fits 1-4 I think in our last five games with the BOLTS. JETS have a tremendous defense. Last game was close while our starters that were playing that day were in. Had a few on a play count and our left tackle inactive that day. We'll see. I'm already nervous and it's just Tuesday. Mike&Mike should be good all week with Greeny being a big JETS fan. Should be a good game Sunday,glad it's the early game. Either way I'll be here to give congrats to the JETS fans win or lose.

13. chad2coles

Which division is better means nothing in this argument, but the Jets would have swept the South if not for the 3 TOs and giving up a late TD to the Jags.

Again, this means nothing in the argument over who is going to win on Sunday.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is a storybook season. The Jets are going to win it all. Super Bowl XLIV baby! Here is the story real fast.

-Rookie Coach Rex Ryan declares the Jets Super Bowl Caliber in first press conference.

-Jets draft QB Mark Sanchez from Sunny California.

-Jets drop to 7-7 and look dead.

-Jets beat 14-0 Colts because they decide to rest starters in 3rd quarter.

-Jets beat Bengals who rest some players and "back into" the playoffs. People do not take the Jets serious as a contender.

-Jets erase Bengals "Dress Rehearsal" talk by DOMINATING Bengals in Cincy.

-Sanchez returns to Sunny California and defeats 11 straight win Chargers.

-Jets completely end all the talk of "backing into" the playoffs by beating the team that let them in with a win over the Colts in Indianapolis.

-After all the crap Brett Favre put the Jets through in 2008, the Jets finish the Cinderella story by beating Favre and the Vikings in Super Bowl XLIV and become the Champions of the world again.

-Champ finally changes his signature.

15. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

The Jags, 49ers, Ravens, and Texans all held this offense to 20 points or below, and 3 of those games were in Indy. And the Jets D is better than all of those teams'. So it's definitely possible to slow this offense down. I don't know if it was the offense having an off day or the opposing defenses playing well in those 4 games, but either of those could happen Sunday.

16. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Damn, it's like a football palindrome starting with Champ's sig, then Favre last year.

17. kbsothman

kbsothman New Member

I think this year is just a learning curve for the Jets, next year is the year.

18. IndyDrummer

IndyDrummer New Member

[/FACEPALM] :breakdance:

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You play the drums huh? Thats cool.

20. chad2coles

The Jets did win that game, didn't they?