Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. freebo

freebo New Member

Why argue? Drink up! Enjoy!!!

:beer:

2. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

1. Cool. Agreed. Statistically, we beat you once though.

2. Colts have won more come from behind? Good. The only thing that means is that they have played a bunch of close games where you have had to rely on Manning.

3. Manning was not the best QB this yr statistically, nor does he own the best yr by QB.

4. Refer to #1

5. A game is not won in three quarters. Again, refer to #1.

24. #24 is the best CB in the NFL and I'd like the best QB in the NFL to go up against the best CB in the NFL. We'll see who's better then.

The tragic loss comment? Seriously? Banged up? Seriously? Jets second best defender has been on the IR since week 7. Jets most explosive player on offense is also on IR since around the same time. Shaun Ellis has been playing injured for more than half the season. Lito, Strickland, Lowery and Jim Leonhard haven't been 100% either.

You laid down, and we took good care of you with the spanking. Too bad Manning wasn't part of the spanking. He'll get his turn.

A dose of reality is called for? We'll find out.

3. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

I thought the Chargers were overrated all along. On our board, I called it for the Jets because I believed the Chargers had peaked several weeks ago and the bye week would not serve them well. And I was proven correct.

The reason the Colts fared better than playoffs past is because they practiced ones against ones in the week leading up the the divisional round ? something they had never done before ?*and everyone on the team said it helped them sharpen up for the playoff game.

As far as the Jets deserving to be in the playoffs, I just think a little honesty is deserved when looking at how things played out. Had the Colts starters finished the game, most would agree they likely would have won. That leaves the Jets with at best an 8-8 record and out of the playoffs.

Just calling it like I see it.

4. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Phew. Okay, Jets n Boys. You keep telling yourself all those things.

I'll stop in at about 7 p.m. Sunday and see what your thoughts are then.

5. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

I will say this about y'all: We have some shameless Pats trolls on our board, and despite our differences of opinion, you guys are a breath of fresh air.

Regardless what happens Sunday, you've had a great season and have every right to be very proud of your team's accomplishments.

Enjoy the game!

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you seem like an alright dude......please don't slit your wrists after we beat you on Sunday.....I mean that [​IMG]

7. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Haha!

(10 characters)

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Had the Jets not lost two of its top 5 players we might have had an 11-5 records. As things stand, we are 11-7 (including playoffs), have defeated the Colts already, and have about as much of a chance of reaching the superbowl as any of the other 3 teams. Chargers were leading 7-3 start of the 4th quarter. We beat them with their starters in it. That is a fact. Colts would have defeated us if Manning played is an opinion. And if you compare the two Jets opponents, Jets would have beat Indy with Manning. Thats my opinion cuz Indy lead 9-3 when Jets came back and took the lead WITH Manning in there. There is nothing to believe Jets weren't going to do it again.

9. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

You think the Jets were going to score on another kickoff return? You think the Jets would have scored off a Manning fumble into the end zone?

Well, I can certainly give you props for your optimism.

But then, if you're a Jets fan, you have to be optimistic, right? As a Cubs fan, I know all about it. Reality be damned!

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Jets - 137
    Colts - 17

11. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Sorry Indy... We're going to win this game ... and here's why ...

There's one fact that jumps off the stat sheet to me ... and its the reason the Chargers were a far more dangerous team to deal with than the Colts.

Peyton is AWESOME ... but his primary targets - Wayne / Collie / Clark are not very dangerous at all, and we should be able to contain them to reasonable numbers.

THIS IS A FACT --- Look at the list of the TOP 50 recievers in YPC ... the ONLY Colt reciever in the TOP 50 is Garcon with 16.3 yards per catch, and he's usually the 4th option. ALL his main targets avg a VERY MEDIOCRE 11 or 12 yards per catch. They're all prolific pass catchers because Peyton is so accurate, but they don't scare anyone as big-play threats. Let me say it again ... there are MORE THAN 50 recievers in the NFL who avg more yards per catch than your top three recievers.

By comparison, the Chargers had Jackson (17.2) / Floyd (17.2) / Gates (14.6) all in the TOP 30 ... and look what we did to them ... we contained them and forced them to dink-and-dunk all game long. And just for the record ... we also contained the Saints --- Colston (15.3) / Henderson (15.8) / Meachem (16.0) --- who are all in the TOP 22 and are far more explosive than your Colts.

I'm confident Revis will slow down Reggie Wayne ... and I'm not exactly lying awake at night worried about what Austin Collie might do to us. The K-Ro matchup against Dallas Clark will be a big factor, but you've got to love the way he's been playing lately. You'll be forced to work your way down the field against a pass defense that's ranked #1 in the league and has been forcing alot of turnovers lately.

I'm not saying the Colts won't score some points ... but I gaurantee we'll slow down their offense ... force a turnover or two and keep the game close.

One more thing ... Your two best defensive players are Freeny and Mathis ... but we're not a passing team. How big of an impact will they have when we're lining up late in the game, pounding away and wearing down your 24th ranked run defense with our #1 ranked running game?

Remember what Miami did to you? It will look alot like that, except we wont be allowing you to score quick points against us the way they did. We can play defense ... in fact, we can play it better than anyone in the league.

Get ready to be disappointed on Sunday.

The Jets are going to win this game.

#211 truthbtold, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  12. rohirrim665

rohirrim665 Well-Known Member

you should be pissed about the jet fans who are predicting the colts are going to win. Im sorry, but who the hell is predicting the colts to win? Even if its your gut feeling, i just couldnt do it if I tried. I myself honestly have no idea how this game is going to go, I personally think it might end up somewhat similar to last week though. Jets 23 Colts 20

13. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Right now, I'm thinking the Colts are just a little too much for us, but we're going to give them everything we have.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They throw the ball for a living. Who has done that on us this year and lived to tell the tale? Basically just Brady in New England II and he had Wes Welker in the slot catching 15 passes for like 180 yards, and Lito Sheppard was not playing due to the injury.

I just look at this matchup and I ask myself if the Colts can put up 21 points on the Jets and I keep coming back with probably not. I think we can win a game where Manning throws the ball around for a lot of yards and not enough scores and the Jets keep moving the ball down the field and chewing up the clock.

Maybe it will go differently, but it really hasn't so far this year.

15. kbsothman

kbsothman New Member

Eh...
    I hate to say it...
    Colts 24, Jets 20.

16. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

Well said.

Their rush defense was much better than I expected on Saturday. Much better.

Still gotta go 16-7, Jets.

17. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

It's been a great ride for me so far new York jets but I know that ride comes to an end Sunday. I can't even complain one bit because I know we have the pieces to be great and a coach that fits the teams mentality. Next I know we will be better. But sanchez I swear on my dead grandpa if you don't improve next year (15 ints or less) I will loose my fu(kin mind do u hear me pretty boy.

18. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

They had 15 in 2.5 quarters, so they were on pace for about 25 or so. I just worry a little bit that our pass rush is based a little bit on smoke and mirrors since we throw so many different looks out there. If any quarterback can diagnose what we're doing and not be confused like so many others are, it's Manning.

We'll try to confuse him; he'll try to confuse us. They had a couple of big runs against us, especially in the red zone. We need to stop those runs in the RZ and make them throw it in, which is almost impossible vs our defense. Maybe Matt Stover will help us out like Kaeding and Graham, too, though that's unlikely.

We have nothing to lose. They have everything to lose. That has to count for something.

The team they let into the playoffs knocks them out in the AFC Championship? That would be the sweetest irony, the most poetic justice imaginable. It's a script Hollywood would find laughable.

19. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

No, they are not.

The Indianapolis Colts are better than the New York Jets.

And they get to play them at home.

End of story.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Just like 2002.